Ratings for Dr. Gordon L. Mortensen

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Mortensen. He was an active listener, expressing compassion when needed and clarification if he didn't understand my explanation. He attempted to do the least invasive option first, then explored with me other options since the first didn't work. Though one of the procedures was painful, I feel he made it as comfortable as possible for me. He explained what he was doing and how long it would last. I feel he is knowledgable about his field of expertise (upper back Pain) and though he was unable to eliminate my pain, he has prescribed medicines that can help me cope. I need to participate in in my own recovery -and though I often want to do more activity in my cay- I need to live within my limits. Dr. Mortensen has helped me understand what is medically possible and what I need to do to control my pain.I am so grateful for finding such a fine doctor. His staff is also very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

My experience was great! The doctor and his staff were honest, frriendly, understanding and knowledgable. Procedure went well and doctors chair-side manner was really warm and compassionant!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

not compassionate,doesnt help with follow up meds to get you through excruciating misery

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I think he could be more compationate and more gentle

flag | Submitted August 22, 2009

Dr. Gordon L. Mortensen's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)