Ratings for Dr. David Surkan

Dr D Surkan is very ignorant and doesn't remember what he doing. His knowledge is very limited to writing prescriptions. Not very helpful, can' t remember test he ordered so can't get results. He's there for the money. He shouldn't be in a position of care, because he doesn't understand the word (Care). He starts every visit by saying he unhappy. He said my care is too complicated because there are three specialists involved with my very serious health problems. Would not recommend this Doctor to anyone, you would be better off seeing a VET.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I would 100% recomend Dr. D. Surkan to anyone, he was great with myself and my children. He took the time to listen to what I had to say.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

Great Doctor I would recommend him to anyone. Understands people

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Will not refer patient to a specialist. Does not listen to patient. Do not recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I am fairly new to the area and have only had two doctors, the last one being on the coast. I was very nervous about looking for a new doctor but my sister found Doctor David Surkan for my father and me. I really like him as does my father. He really put me at ease as I have extreme bouts of anxiety and his patience was much appreciated. I feel that I could confide any of my concerns with him and and be confident that I would walk out of his office feeling better. I hope he stays in Penticton for a long time. I give him my highest rating..Bonnie is a pleasant person to great the patients..His wife is a lucky woman..

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Bonnie and Nancy are great my kids like them too. I usually get in right on time although sometimes things happen like babies coming into this world. I have never come to him with any problems he couldnt help with. I also really apreciate the fact everyone in the office goes out of their way to make the patients comfortable.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Misdiagnosed very serious illness, no follow ups, no ex-rays. With x-rays, would have determined patient had lung cancer. after lung was remove no head scan even thought after brain tumor detected, said that lung cancer goes to the brain. After family was devastated and financially strapped, caused patient to lose group disability (lawyer informed us it was his wording) He charged us for every from he had to fill out, knowing we had no funds, with 3 children at home.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

MY GP Dr D Surkan saw me as a result of 2 hot red spots on my legs. He told me that perhaps my underpants were too tight and it was affecting the circulation, if you can believe that. I told him no, that wasn't the case. He sent me home from the appointment. The next day I got really worried when I got a few more, and went to the emergency ward of the hospital. A Doctor was on at that time who would later become my GP. This is why: the attending Doctor immediately admitted me, sent for ultrasounds and blood work and diagnosed me with Deep Vein Thrombosis, a very potentially serious condition. In other words, I had blood clots in my legs! I stayed in the hospital for about 10 days on an IV drip with blood thinners and went home to stay on warfarin for 3 months. I have not had a re-occurence, and at that time even the specialists couldn't figure out why it happened, aside from a virus that may have caused it, liver. This was many years ago, but I will never forget it. I was in my early 40s.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

He is helpful but isn't very knowledgeable in my opinion. He is good as a whole.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I object to the personal comments previously noted, this forum is only for assessment of a doctors professional abilities. For the record, and according to many people I know and my own experience, Dr. D. Surkan is actually a fine doctor and quite a decent fellow.I am sorry you've have a negative experience with him but your comments sound a little too personal to be included here.

Submitted March 13, 2010