Ratings for Dr. Ray Foraie

I will admit I didn't have the best oral hygiene when I was younger, this wasn't instilled in us by our parents when we were children. That being said he made me feel so embarassed about my teeth the whole time, using curse words and ranting at me. I have never went back to a dentist for 10 years because of the way he berated me. Bad manners, arrogant attitude and as others have said very forceful, proceeding with minimal freezing. He told the assistant to "get me the h*ll out of there" in a very condescending tone. I was told to come back to have all my wisdom teeth pulled, not a chance I would let this man ever get near me again. I went in to have the problems I had fixed, yes they were bad(not rotting but quite a few cavities), but I shouldn't have to feel like less of a person when I'm trying to improve the situation.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I have been seeing Ray for 30 some years. he was the first dentist I went to and is now the one my kids see too. He is always there to help in a punch and explains things so I can understand them. He is very difficult to get in to see, but will make room if it is an emergency!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Short and to the point. I dont want to talk when my mouth is stretched open so i dot care that he has bad bed side manner. His receptionist is shouldnt wear such revealing clothing, i mean the customer doesnt want to look down into your cleavage....

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I came to Dr Foraie as I was looking for a new dentist. My first visit was for a filling that went ok. My second was for a cleaning where they found I had a cavity and was in need of another filling. I returned to his office to have this dealt with, during the freezing his receptionist came in and made an off colour comment about how little coverage I had left on my dental insurance. His technique working on my mouth was VERY rough. During the treatment he informed me that he was going to do a root canal instead of a filling. While drilling he ended up breaking his drill bit inside my tooth, immediately after he made a very vulgur comment and told me we had no choice but to pull this tooth. His approach to pulling my tooth was very forced and painful, my head was moving around with how much force he was using to get my tooth out. Once out he showed me the tooth where "I broke his drill bit". How nice of him to blame me for his mistake and to have the nerve to charge me for an extraction when the damage to the tooth was clearly his fault (although he did take the time to blame me for it). Once done, he pulled me out of the chair and rushed me to the reception area so he could get rid of me. He handed me a bag of gauze and told me to take advil for pain. When i asked if I needed to be concerned about infection he said it shouldn`t be a problem. Fast forward 6 days later, ended up with an infection. I called him at home where he told me that i did not have an infection (I guess he can use telepathy to see my mouth from home). He was rude, smug and arrogant telling me that if it would make me feel better I will give you a prescription but it won't help. Guess what It's been almost a week on antibiotics and its feeling better, so much for not being infected. If this man ever touches my mouth again it will be too soon!

Submitted December 28, 2014

He is a great dentist. I've been seeing him for 10 years and have never had a bad experience with him..he is quick and does a great job! Never in pain after or have any issues with my teeth..He knows what he's doing and it shows in his work!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

After 10 years of being terrified to go to the dentist I was told by a family member to see Dr. Foraie. My mouth was in pretty bad shape and he assured me that he was going to do everything he could to get my mouth back in good health. He was patient and kind and understanding of my fear. He would give me breaks when I needed and was never in a rush to finish. He did fantastic work and now because of the multiple visits to him I am no longer terrified of the dentist. (Just a little anxious)

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Our family has been going for years. Always helpful and very knowledgeable. I can remember having to have my wisdom teeth removed and I was going to go to a specialist who'd put me 'out' as I did with the previous two because I was terrified. He convinced me that I should try with him - he prescribed me a tablet of valium and gave me the gas and the teeth were out before I knew it. If you are in pain - or you're not frozen then its up to you to say something. Don't blame the dentist if you don't speak up.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I have always had good teeth, and in my adult life, have only had one cavity. I moved to Regina and went to Dr. F. because his location was convenient for me. In short, he took x-rays and said I needed 4 cavities filled, although I had no pain. I trusted him, and had them filled. I had much more pain AFTER I had them filled, with all FOUR fillings. I took the x-rays to another dentist in town (that was recommended) and showed him my x-rays. He said he say no evidence from the x-rays that I needed to have fillings at all, but that it wasn't 100% conclusive. Overall, although his staff is wonderful for cleanings, I feel like Dr. F. is a crook, and just used my mouth to line his pocketbook. I still have pain from one of the fillings but am now so mad about the situation that it is hard to trust any dentist again.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

My dentist for 15+ years, and with lousy teeth I speak from a lot of dental experience. Ray is as good as it gets in the dentistry world. He even saw me on a Saturday once for a very impromptu (and urgent!!!) root canal. I always recommend him to anyone looking for a dentist.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Foraie is a great dentist! He has obviously been doing this job for a long time and it shows. He gets to the point and does his job just as any other professional should. He may seem ignorant at times but from going to him my entire life i can easily say that it is because he is a focused individual who is there to do his job and to complete the work that needs to be done on his patients. His staff is very helpful and he has great communication skills with all of them to ensure that they are doing their job efficiently for each patient. He is a little rough but theres not much you can do when you have to spend all day opening peoples mouths to work on selected teeth. He's great and i would recommend him to any of my friends or family !!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011