Ratings for Dr. Pieter Cloete

Dr. Cloete is a great doctor. All of these comments below regarding his staff are useless to read or pay attention to. They have nothing to do with his medical skill. Further to that, He took over this practice and patients from Dr. Vos, who is held in very high regard in the medical community and searched very hard to find Dr. Cloete as he wanted to ensure his patients continued to receive the same care and attention. The phone rang off the hook when it was Dr. Vos' practice as well. Great doctor, i would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Cloete is a great doctor, his staff are terrible. They don't even check you in, you write your name on a piece of paper. They need one person each answering each doctors phone call. He needs new staff!!!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Seemed like he was doing all of the right things in the beginning but he is terrible with follow through.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Cloete is a wonderful doctor. You can tell he really cares and I have nothing negative to say about him. But, as others have said, his reception staff are pretty terrible. Every time I call in to make an appointment, I wait on hold for AT LEAST 10-15 minutes. A couple times I have called and the phone has rang busy and I couldn't even get through. I agree with others.. It is usually quicker to just go into the office to make an appointment in person.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

While I like really Dr. Cloete as a dr, getting in to see him is a different story. Like others, I drive to the office to make an appointment rather than be put on hold for a very long time.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

It is becoming increasingly difficult to make an appointment. It is usually a 10 minute wait on hold just to talk to reception. Dr. Cloete is a very good Dr. , although lately he seems very rushed and delivers information to his patients in "fast forward". He always seems to be running behind, so clearly there are issues in how the appointments are booked.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Cloete is dedicated to help you get better. Very personable. He diagnostic skills are excellent. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr. Cloete is an excellent practitioner! He diagnosis, for most part, is right on! He rules out items of concern, then prescribes, what medication is best. Not the other way around, where most medicate you to death, trying to find out what works. Excellent practice....please keep it up! The office staff, on the other hand....HORRIBLE!!! I have been in the waiting room, when they are doing absolutely nothing, except joking around and laughing. I called, just to see how long they would take to answer, and they didn't answer. As a matter of fact, the phone rang many times, and no-one answered it. Very disappointing....for sure! Attitude, from what I can see, is there job is owed to them. They definitely don't look out for the Doctor's or patients best interest! If I could book my appointment on-line....I WOULD!!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I agree with all those below who say that Dr. Cloete's office staff is HORRIBLE. I have given up trying to call the office and I normally drive the half-hour each way just to make an appointment in person. It's easier than sitting on hold for an hour and then getting cut off. The reason for this is apparent when you're sitting in the office (often for hours at a time due to bungled appointments): the staff sits around chatting for most of that time with the phones turned off! They only seem to turn the phones every hour or so when there's a lull in the conversation. Several times I've had my appointment accidentally "missed" due to clerical error. When I schedule a follow-up, I am made to feel like I'm creating a big hassle ("SIIIIGH, OK."). It's also incredibly annoying that the TV blares mindless daytime television while you're stuck in the office. I've watched several FULL episodes of the Marylin Dennis show while I've been there waiting for an appointment that has gotten lost. Anyway, I've been seeing Dr. Cloete for several years and his predecessor, Dr. Vos for many years before that and I wouldn't put up with his awful staff if it weren't for that. He has a great bedside manner and has been pretty knowledgeable about whatever issues I've brought in. Hope he can find some better help.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

The staff are b*tches and extremely inconsiderate. Also, they are not sensitive and have no sympathy. I wait on hold for 30 minutes up to an hour on hold to book an appointment then they end up being not help at all. I have sat in the office waiting to see the doctor, notice the receptionists push a button when the phone rings and go on to finish their personal "home life" conversation and then answer the phone. They are extremely belittling with the tone of their voices and can eat sh*t for all I care. This is unfortunate because the doctor is amazing.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015