Ratings for Dr. Pieter Cloete

I don't understand the negative reviews about his staff, they've always been super friendly to me! Dr Cloete is the best doctor I've ever seen, I am lucky to be under his care!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Dr. Cloete is quite possibly the most knowledgeable caring doctor I have ever known or ever heard of. He is extremely thorough with his appointments and always listens to concerns. He ACTUALLY CARES about his patients and their well being. I feel terrible for him that he joined a new clinic without knowing the incompetence of the technicians working to install the computers and phone lines. Even though it's not his personal clinic, I understand and see how extremely frustrating it is for him with these ongoing issues. I overheard him very upset with a technician who for, I believe they said the 8th time had been in to try to repair the computer/phone system and yet still couldn't get them to work. In fact I believe the words I overheard from the technician were "we don't know whats wrong. We can't figure it out." I just shook my head. I mean seriously? Dr. Cloete, you don't deserve the negative comments you received below for something that I witnessed you trying desperately to solve while still trying to maintain your high level of care. When a company hire and pay these specialists to install these systems and find out they can't fulfill a contract they agreed upon they should be sued. I heard you say you've now had I think it was like three different companies in to try to repair the first one's mistakes. I mean, this is their speciality! It's what they do for a living. That's pathetic on their part. You're a doctor, not an IT tech. So, I pray one of these companies will actually do their job and finally fix the system for you but I for one, will be waiting, because I understand and appreciate all you have done for me and my family. You have saved my niece's arm from another doctor's error and she would never have healed properly if it wasn't for you. The surgeon at the UofA confirmed it and we are forever in your debt for that. This is only one of the examples of how you helped us. You definitely have a gift and we just want to say thank you. Dr. Cloete is honestly the best!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

This doctor is very knowledgeable but will never meet his full potential with the staff he has surrounded himself with. Although patients continuously advise of the problems with the front end staff, those comments go unheard which ultimately tells me that he does not care how his practice is being managed and administered. They don't answer the phone (for three days), you end up having to drive there to ask questions or book appointments, they are rude and lack any compassion. How can the three doctors at this clinic not see this??? Time and time again I return for followup after lab work/medical imaging and the results are nowhere to be found on my file. I can see his frustration when this happens and I always wonder..... why aren't you doing anything about this. There are many medical assistant staff that would run circles around the current group they have in there. Sorry Dr. Cloete but I had to find another doctor - You need to address these issues with your front staff and issues with no one answering the phone! Your patience should come first. There have been many times that I have had to drive over to make an appointment as well drive over to get test results as I cannot get through on the phone. There have been times I have been on hold for OVER AN HOUR!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

This doctor is very knowledgeable but will never meet his full potential with the staff he has surrounded himself with. Although patients continuously advise of the problems with the front end staff, those comments go unheard which ultimately tells me that he does not care how his practice is being managed and administered. They don't answer the phone (for three days), you end up having to drive there to ask questions or book appointments, they are rude and lack any compassion. How can the three doctors at this clinic not see this??? Time and time again I return for followup after lab work/medical imaging and the results are nowhere to be found on my file. I can see his frustration when this happens and I always wonder..... why aren't you doing anything about this. There are many medical assistant staff that would run circles around the current group they have in there. Sorry Dr. Cloete but I had to find another doctor - I will miss your knowledge but I can no longer handle your staff.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Cloete is attentive and caring, and therefore not punctual. Great bedside manner and never hesitates to look further into your concerns (e.g. order tests, etc.). Office staff NEVER answer the phone - it is easier to drive there to make an appointment than to try to do so over the phone. If it were not for Dr. Cloete, I would abandon this clinic in a heartbeat for that reason alone.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I can't say enough good things about Dr.Cloete. above all else he cares about his patients and if you do have to wait it's because he's doing his best to give the proper attention to all his patients. I'm lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Cloete is very polite, caring and attentive, which may account for the appointments being behind. Unfortunately the staff are not helpful in the least and getting access to making an appointment is painful.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

I used to rave about Dr Cloete and feel so lucky to have such an excellent GP. They're hard to come by. In the past few years, he has made mistakes. Missed low iron, a UTI, been impatient, even rude. I don't feel like he has gotten busier, as it's easier than ever to get an appointment. Why the personality changes?

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Even on the first appointment of the day he is late. Books apt too close together and too many in a day. But he is a good Doctor

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

It is difficult to get through on phone lines to make appointment but overall the staff are great to work with. Dr Cloete is a great doctor and goes the extra mile to help his patients. Best doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017