Ratings for Dr. Pieter Cloete

It is difficult to get through on phone lines to make appointment but overall the staff are great to work with. Dr Cloete is a great doctor and goes the extra mile to help his patients. Best doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

He is by far the most amazing doctor I have ever worked with.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

The best doctor I've had in 42 years; very attentive, listens to your concerns and actually cares about your physical and mental well being. He may take a little while, but it's because he's taking the time that people need to have themselves heard. Most doctors make you feel rushed like your in a McDonald's drive thru., this is more like the Keg.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Funny, I am sitting on hold while I read these reviews. Yes, it takes a while to get through to his office, but Dr.Cloete is easily the best dr I have ever seen. I have seen many through the years, and basically refused to go to doctors for several years because of the complete lack of empathy/understanding/knowledge...basically they were just a 'oh well, take this drug...blah, blah, blah...) But I saw Cloete once and would never consider seeing another. I have been through several major incidents and he has constantly impressed me with his commitment, knowledge, caring...and as opposed to some of the comments on here, he gave me all the time I needed to ensure I had the proper information. I would't consider seeing anyone else. If I have to wait 10 minutes to book an appointment with a good doctor...I have no issues with that at all. For those who don't agree, feel free to go see some of the other doctors with offices close by his. They always seem to have time to take calls and see patients...and for good reason. I would refer him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Always willing to go above and beyond , very caring ! Has been a god send to our family whom has resided in Sherwood Park for past 45 plus years !! Finally a good doc in the park !!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Cloete has been my physician for the last 8 years and he is wonderful. I love his approach as he is not one of those Dr. who pushes drugs on their patients... He tries to always find a better alternative. He is always "in the moment" during consultations and is very caring. I couldn't care less if his staff is not great or behind in his appointments...it shows he takes time with his patients. I don't even live in Sherwood Park anymore, but I stick to him because he is the best.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Cloete is very good, but he is terribly overbooked. It takes forever to get someone on the telephone to make an appointment with him. The office staff is plain RUDE, they are always talking to themselves and don't care for the patience that are waiting.... I have waited an hour for my appointment. I have also watched a whole TV show in the waiting room... If it wasn't for the great doctor, I would find another doctors office... He needs different staff, they could be more friendly... We are not there for fun, we all have problems. Dr. Cloete understands, but his staff is lacking in everything.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Cloete is a great doctor. All of these comments below regarding his staff are useless to read or pay attention to. They have nothing to do with his medical skill. Further to that, He took over this practice and patients from Dr. Vos, who is held in very high regard in the medical community and searched very hard to find Dr. Cloete as he wanted to ensure his patients continued to receive the same care and attention. The phone rang off the hook when it was Dr. Vos' practice as well. Great doctor, i would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Cloete is a great doctor, his staff are terrible. They don't even check you in, you write your name on a piece of paper. They need one person each answering each doctors phone call. He needs new staff!!!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Seemed like he was doing all of the right things in the beginning but he is terrible with follow through.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016