Ratings for Dr. Pieter Cloete

Dr. Cloete is attentive and caring, and therefore not punctual. Great bedside manner and never hesitates to look further into your concerns (e.g. order tests, etc.). Office staff NEVER answer the phone - it is easier to drive there to make an appointment than to try to do so over the phone. If it were not for Dr. Cloete, I would abandon this clinic in a heartbeat for that reason alone.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I can't say enough good things about Dr.Cloete. above all else he cares about his patients and if you do have to wait it's because he's doing his best to give the proper attention to all his patients. I'm lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Cloete is very polite, caring and attentive, which may account for the appointments being behind. Unfortunately the staff are not helpful in the least and getting access to making an appointment is painful.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

I used to rave about Dr Cloete and feel so lucky to have such an excellent GP. They're hard to come by. In the past few years, he has made mistakes. Missed low iron, a UTI, been impatient, even rude. I don't feel like he has gotten busier, as it's easier than ever to get an appointment. Why the personality changes?

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Even on the first appointment of the day he is late. Books apt too close together and too many in a day. But he is a good Doctor

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

It is difficult to get through on phone lines to make appointment but overall the staff are great to work with. Dr Cloete is a great doctor and goes the extra mile to help his patients. Best doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

He is by far the most amazing doctor I have ever worked with.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

The best doctor I've had in 42 years; very attentive, listens to your concerns and actually cares about your physical and mental well being. He may take a little while, but it's because he's taking the time that people need to have themselves heard. Most doctors make you feel rushed like your in a McDonald's drive thru., this is more like the Keg.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Funny, I am sitting on hold while I read these reviews. Yes, it takes a while to get through to his office, but Dr.Cloete is easily the best dr I have ever seen. I have seen many through the years, and basically refused to go to doctors for several years because of the complete lack of empathy/understanding/knowledge...basically they were just a 'oh well, take this drug...blah, blah, blah...) But I saw Cloete once and would never consider seeing another. I have been through several major incidents and he has constantly impressed me with his commitment, knowledge, caring...and as opposed to some of the comments on here, he gave me all the time I needed to ensure I had the proper information. I would't consider seeing anyone else. If I have to wait 10 minutes to book an appointment with a good doctor...I have no issues with that at all. For those who don't agree, feel free to go see some of the other doctors with offices close by his. They always seem to have time to take calls and see patients...and for good reason. I would refer him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Always willing to go above and beyond , very caring ! Has been a god send to our family whom has resided in Sherwood Park for past 45 plus years !! Finally a good doc in the park !!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016