Ratings for Dr. Alvin Pettle

The most caring, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor. Dr Pettle brought me back to life. I recommend him highly to everyone I meet. He works with the compounding pharmacies to meet my health needs. He asks questions and listens and truly cares. I am so grateful to have found this doctor. I've mentioned his name to other health care professionals and they tell me that he is the best in the field and that I was in good hands. And my experiences with him fully support that.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

As others have said it's all about the money! Dr Pettle is very knowledgeable However the so called Staff are just plain horrible. They are in a constant bad mood,they root their eyes quite a bit.... they're are actually quite good at that. They have screwed up my appointments to many times to count. I have waited with an appointment for 2 1/2 hours at times they overbook just to get the money I have heard and badmouth other patients, complaining that they didn't pay their fee which at one point was $400 and now they're charging 850 within four years. The office is a complete pig pen I don't think they dust, the carpet is in disgusting shape. I have no idea how to get away with a medical office being so dirty. There are plenty of options out there if you're looking for thyroid natural try Doctor Hui

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Pettle is the most competent & caring OBGYN you will ever meet. I am proud to have co authored 2 books with him on Natural Supplements. His knowledge in Integrative Medicine is superior to any specialist I have known for 38 years. He spend more time with his patients and focus on education not medications. Dr. George Grant, www.academyofwellness.com

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Pettle's for 11 years and have always been treated with kindness and compassion by him and everyone working in his office. He is concerned with the whole person-not only the hormonal aspect. Dr. Pettle has taken the time to advise me on other medical issues and has assisted in suggesting other specialists when the need has arisen. I am very grateful to him for all he has done for me.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

He is 100% in it for the $. He dumped me as a patient because he wants rich clients, the fee over OHIP to see for anything that other than strick non-hormone gyno is outrageous. He thinks because he is a maverick (his words) at bringing bio-id to Toronto. He is rude, changed my bio hormones constantly with a different explanation every time. Pushes his books and other products. There are many other doctors out there that will give you hormonal support that actually works. I would give a zero on knowledge but not an option.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I am grateful to know this doctor. I suffer from Hashimoto's thyroiditis , fibromyalgia and my hormones where out of sync. The fee to me is well worth the care you receive. I travel two and a half hours to see him. He is kind and caring and addressed all of my concerns to get me on track. I truly feel 60 percent better and have only been a patient since last fall. I highly recommend this doctor. I never feel rushed out of my appointment and can ask all the questions I need to. Having a compounding pharmacy downstairs that delivers is a real benefit. As far as the fee you get what you pay for and he goes out of the box, unlike traditional doctors. Thank you Dr Pettle ! I will survive menopause.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Pettle and his gang are such a gimick. He goes on and on about things not relevant to my situation and I actually think he has a form of dementia but they are covering up for him. They also charge Ohio on top of the hefty fee they charge. It was such a waste of time and money. They are misleading the fragile public. I thought I would pay the fee I would get special attention to my medical needs but after the first session and getting the money the rest was absolutely a huge scam!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr Pettle is devoted to the health of women. I don't know where I'd be health wise without him. The traditional medical system has become useless doing nothing for prevention and only treating you once you are ill, The only reason there is a charge above OHIP is because OHIP doesn't cover iall the preventive treatment Dr Pettle provides. It is a yearly fee and well worth the care and expertise Dr Pettle provides. He does speak very quickly and sometimes loads you with information and that is a bit of a draw back for me. I don't find the wait time excessive. As with any specialist I prepare for it. He truly cares and will ho above and beyond to find a solution to any medical concern that you bring to him. At least that's been my experience

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Pettle's since Oct., 2007. I consider myself fortunate to have such a caring and highly skilled doctor who is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He has a very busy practice but I have always felt he takes the time to explain my latest blood work and any questions or concerns I have. It is reassuring to know that my care is being monitored by such an exceptional and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I like Dr Pettle's philosophy and approach to menopause symptoms. However waiting 2 hours to see him is unacceptable. A heads up would have been appreciated. Feeling very frustrated.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017