Ratings for Dr. Alvin Pettle

Dr Pettle is devoted to the health of women. I don't know where I'd be health wise without him. The traditional medical system has become useless doing nothing for prevention and only treating you once you are ill, The only reason there is a charge above OHIP is because OHIP doesn't cover iall the preventive treatment Dr Pettle provides. It is a yearly fee and well worth the care and expertise Dr Pettle provides. He does speak very quickly and sometimes loads you with information and that is a bit of a draw back for me. I don't find the wait time excessive. As with any specialist I prepare for it. He truly cares and will ho above and beyond to find a solution to any medical concern that you bring to him. At least that's been my experience

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Pettle's since Oct., 2007. I consider myself fortunate to have such a caring and highly skilled doctor who is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He has a very busy practice but I have always felt he takes the time to explain my latest blood work and any questions or concerns I have. It is reassuring to know that my care is being monitored by such an exceptional and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I like Dr Pettle's philosophy and approach to menopause symptoms. However waiting 2 hours to see him is unacceptable. A heads up would have been appreciated. Feeling very frustrated.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Going to see dr pettle was one of the worst experiences of my life! There is such a negative atmosphere in the office--it's all about money and greed....and exploitation. On my first visit, to Get bioidentical hormones the Dr asked me to get a Pap test and since it had been a few years since I had had one, he suggested we do it immediately. I consented to it But I felt very uncomfortable during the procedure by his manner and afterwards his wife walked in and was angry saying to him I didn't know you had booked a Pap smear and only then did I realize a nurse should've been in the room . I continue to think about that experience; I never even got the results. I feel violated by this man on every level.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I have seen Dr Pettle and was recommended and am so grateful. I have been disappointed with all conventional medicine options, expensive naturapathy and other forms so the fee for me has been an investment. The practice is very busy and a little 'old school' however this has not deterred me away from my own experience and that of recommending others. I have the results that speak for themselves, and am on the mend with my hormones and thyroid. I am so grateful to Dr Pettle and the time, knowledge, insight he has shared with me. He attends to me with care, compassion, interest and deep thorough assessment. It starts to draw a deeper gap between myself and the experience I have with my family MD who is also good and other practioners. It leads to more frustration with a system though that isn't supportive of this. If it wasn't for Dr Pettle and his interest in the field and care, I would not be better. That for me is fact.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr. Pettle and I have nothing but praise and respect for this man. He listened to everything I had to say, really listened. He explained everything that I was feeling and how he was going to be able to help. Since my first visit with him, I am now feeling almost 100% better. His expertise in hormones is top notch. I have recommended him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Arrogant is too mild a word to describe this man. He also holds your medication hostage until you pay your expensive membership fee.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

My appointment was set for over two hours ago and I am still sitting in the waiting room as I write this. The staff forgot who I was and many people who came after me have seen the doctor. When they called me to leave a reminder about my appointment the receptionist was curt and aggressive. Bio-identical progesterone has been a god sent for me. It improves my life in multiple ways, but I often wonder if there were any other doctors that would read my blood work and prescribe me the same thing.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

he can read your blood work and prescribe based on the results but the wait time and the rudeness and inefficiency of his family run office left me feeling like I had thrown my money out the window. There are so many better options available

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

There's no one else I'd trust with my health. Dr. Pettle is the best out there.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017