Ratings for Dr. Alvin Pettle

I like Dr Pettle's philosophy and approach to menopause symptoms. However waiting 2 hours to see him is unacceptable. A heads up would have been appreciated. Feeling very frustrated.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Going to see dr pettle was one of the worst experiences of my life! There is such a negative atmosphere in the office--it's all about money and greed....and exploitation. On my first visit, to Get bioidentical hormones the Dr asked me to get a Pap test and since it had been a few years since I had had one, he suggested we do it immediately. I consented to it But I felt very uncomfortable during the procedure by his manner and afterwards his wife walked in and was angry saying to him I didn't know you had booked a Pap smear and only then did I realize a nurse should've been in the room . I continue to think about that experience; I never even got the results. I feel violated by this man on every level.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I have seen Dr Pettle and was recommended and am so grateful. I have been disappointed with all conventional medicine options, expensive naturapathy and other forms so the fee for me has been an investment. The practice is very busy and a little 'old school' however this has not deterred me away from my own experience and that of recommending others. I have the results that speak for themselves, and am on the mend with my hormones and thyroid. I am so grateful to Dr Pettle and the time, knowledge, insight he has shared with me. He attends to me with care, compassion, interest and deep thorough assessment. It starts to draw a deeper gap between myself and the experience I have with my family MD who is also good and other practioners. It leads to more frustration with a system though that isn't supportive of this. If it wasn't for Dr Pettle and his interest in the field and care, I would not be better. That for me is fact.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr. Pettle and I have nothing but praise and respect for this man. He listened to everything I had to say, really listened. He explained everything that I was feeling and how he was going to be able to help. Since my first visit with him, I am now feeling almost 100% better. His expertise in hormones is top notch. I have recommended him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Arrogant is too mild a word to describe this man. He also holds your medication hostage until you pay your expensive membership fee.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

My appointment was set for over two hours ago and I am still sitting in the waiting room as I write this. The staff forgot who I was and many people who came after me have seen the doctor. When they called me to leave a reminder about my appointment the receptionist was curt and aggressive. Bio-identical progesterone has been a god sent for me. It improves my life in multiple ways, but I often wonder if there were any other doctors that would read my blood work and prescribe me the same thing.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

he can read your blood work and prescribe based on the results but the wait time and the rudeness and inefficiency of his family run office left me feeling like I had thrown my money out the window. There are so many better options available

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

There's no one else I'd trust with my health. Dr. Pettle is the best out there.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr Pettle is amazing- knowledgable, thorough, caring. Sherry in his office is a pleasure to deal with as well. If you're looking for answers to your women's health issues he is the Dr to see.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Very disorganized and inconsistent with advice. Staff is terrible

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016