Ratings for Dr. Alvin Pettle

Very disorganized and inconsistent with advice. Staff is terrible

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

The moment I met him the fear of gynaecologists disappeared. His wife is amazing and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

He has an incredibly busy practice so there are wait times. Always pleasant staff.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr. Pettle is very helpful and spends time with you. Therefore there is usually a backlog of patients. He knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

My opinion is that Dr Pettle is a very knowledgeable caring and busy doctor who has information that few other doctors have. It is a case of too many patients to serve sometimes. I have greatly benefited from his care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Pettle was the first doctor in my case that actually cared and listened. I find his CDs and litarature to be very helpful. Knowledge is power. He doesn't share his CDs to rave about himself they are recordings from his lectures and literature is from his book. I find Dr Pettle to be a balance between my naturopath and gynaecologist. You have to believe in the healing to be healed.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Contrary to the review below, Dr. Alvin Pettle is truly a godsend to not only women but to the field of medicine. His genuine concern for his patients , and ongoing support from himself and his office staff make the wait for a visit worthwhile. He definitely is a fantastic doctor and healer and is well worth the wait , if there happens to be one. I recommend Dr. Pettle to family and friends with the utmost confidence and I couldn't think of any other Doctor that gives me the help, healing and attention I need.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Pettle rushed me through my appointment. Didn't listen to my concerns, just pushed his literature and DVD on me. I think I spent literally 2 minutes with him before he shuttled me off to get my blood drawn by his surly wife, who didn't say a single word to me and didn't clean her hands or put on gloves. I paid a small fortune for this, and when my blood test results were ready they wouldn't release them to me unless I booked another very expensive appointment, which I refused. Everyone I encountered in that office was miserable and rude and the opposite of helpful. Never again.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr Pettle has been a godsend. I suddenly went into menopause about 2 years ago and my personal physician's response was "that's what happens to women your age!" Through my naturopath I was referred to a doctor in Ottawa who "has some training in bio-identical hormones" and after about 6 months of trial and error, weight gain, insomnia and dangerously elevated cholesterol levels, I did an online search on Google! I located Dr Pettle's website and after contacting his office, I was scheduled to see him the next week! I knew within a few minutes after meeting him that he wanted to help me! He was very concerned with the regime that had been prescribed and immediately changed my protocol to creams and various supplements. I have continued to drive from Ottawa to see him on an ongoing basis to review my bloodwork and I leave every session feeling supported and encouraged that we are on the right path! My previous symptoms have been reduced or eliminated and life is good again! I was particularly happy to meet his colleague who is working with him as I want to continue this path with their support. York Down Pharmacy has also been great, providing amazing service and products that actually work! Its all good!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Thank goodness women have a Dr. Like Dr Pettle to bring us up to date with hormone health and overall well being......extremely caring and brilliant in my books.......nothing happens overnight but I can't believe how WELL I feel.....150% confidence with him and Carol......thank you....Mary

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016