You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alvin Pettle

Dr. Pettle was the first doctor in my case that actually cared and listened. I find his CDs and litarature to be very helpful. Knowledge is power. He doesn't share his CDs to rave about himself they are recordings from his lectures and literature is from his book. I find Dr Pettle to be a balance between my naturopath and gynaecologist. You have to believe in the healing to be healed.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Contrary to the review below, Dr. Alvin Pettle is truly a godsend to not only women but to the field of medicine. His genuine concern for his patients , and ongoing support from himself and his office staff make the wait for a visit worthwhile. He definitely is a fantastic doctor and healer and is well worth the wait , if there happens to be one. I recommend Dr. Pettle to family and friends with the utmost confidence and I couldn't think of any other Doctor that gives me the help, healing and attention I need.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Pettle rushed me through my appointment. Didn't listen to my concerns, just pushed his literature and DVD on me. I think I spent literally 2 minutes with him before he shuttled me off to get my blood drawn by his surly wife, who didn't say a single word to me and didn't clean her hands or put on gloves. I paid a small fortune for this, and when my blood test results were ready they wouldn't release them to me unless I booked another very expensive appointment, which I refused. Everyone I encountered in that office was miserable and rude and the opposite of helpful. Never again.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr Pettle has been a godsend. I suddenly went into menopause about 2 years ago and my personal physician's response was "that's what happens to women your age!" Through my naturopath I was referred to a doctor in Ottawa who "has some training in bio-identical hormones" and after about 6 months of trial and error, weight gain, insomnia and dangerously elevated cholesterol levels, I did an online search on Google! I located Dr Pettle's website and after contacting his office, I was scheduled to see him the next week! I knew within a few minutes after meeting him that he wanted to help me! He was very concerned with the regime that had been prescribed and immediately changed my protocol to creams and various supplements. I have continued to drive from Ottawa to see him on an ongoing basis to review my bloodwork and I leave every session feeling supported and encouraged that we are on the right path! My previous symptoms have been reduced or eliminated and life is good again! I was particularly happy to meet his colleague who is working with him as I want to continue this path with their support. York Down Pharmacy has also been great, providing amazing service and products that actually work! Its all good!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Thank goodness women have a Dr. Like Dr Pettle to bring us up to date with hormone health and overall well being......extremely caring and brilliant in my books.......nothing happens overnight but I can't believe how WELL I feel.....150% confidence with him and Carol......thank you....Mary

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Terrible staff, condescending and rude. Dr pettle himself couldn't care less about your health. He is just there to churn patients through and collect their money.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I saw this Doctor a few years back. I think his staff and daughter at the reception are terrible and his daughter is a bully. I can't help think this doctor is only in it for the money. Is he also part owner in the pharmacy on the ground floor? He pushed their products. Be very cautious here. Just a polished rip off artist.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I have been followed by Dr Pettle for years . I trust his judgement knowledge. Staff is very busy but always polite to me. He does share his wisdom via his CD'S but that is to assist each client to a pathway of optimal health. Linda

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I went to Dr. Pettle with high hopes. He was recommended by at least 5 different people. Unfortunately, after a year and a lot of money spent, I was no better. I believe Dr. Pettle does some good with some people, but he did not listen to me and when my case didn't fit into his pre-determined prescription, he ignored me. I found him condescending and self-absorbed. He spent a great deal of time talking about himself, but never had time to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Alvin Pettle's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pettle was the first doctor in my case that actually cared and listened. I find his CDs and litarature to be very helpful. Knowledge is power. He doesn't sh..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Contrary to the review below, Dr. Alvin Pettle is truly a godsend to not only women but to the field of medicine. His genuine concern for his patients , and ong..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pettle rushed me through my appointment. Didn't listen to my concerns, just pushed his literature and DVD on me. I think I spent literally 2 minutes with ..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Pettle has been a godsend. I suddenly went into menopause about 2 years ago and my personal physician's response was "that's what happens to women your age!"..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Thank goodness women have a Dr. Like Dr Pettle to bring us up to date with hormone health and overall well being......extremely caring and brilliant in my books..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "A bit expensive, but knowledgeable. Is often booked up so you don't get as many visits as you would like. "

January 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible staff, condescending and rude. Dr pettle himself couldn't care less about your health. He is just there to churn patients through and collect their mon..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw this Doctor a few years back. I think his staff and daughter at the reception are terrible and his daughter is a bully. I can't help think this doctor is..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been followed by Dr Pettle for years . I trust his judgement knowledge. Staff is very busy but always polite to me. He does share his wisdom via his CD'..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Pettle with high hopes. He was recommended by at least 5 different people. Unfortunately, after a year and a lot of money spent, I was no better...."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fabulous doctor. Saved my life more then once. Would not be here today if it wasn't for him. "

November 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Alvin Pettle came highly recommended. Being in the medical field, I came with knowledge and insight. I found the staff rude. Rarely returned calls. I foun..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "What a huge disappointment. No follow-ups on blood tests, no return phone calls, not available for phone consults... and it cost me $750 for the "privilege" of ..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Not impressed. His reputation is greater then his not-so-client-centred practice. Front desk staff are not friendly & don't returns messages. Wait times are a..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Pettle for 41 years. He is very knowledgable, thorough and very sensitive. His staff are very very friendly and professional. Dr. P..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "His staff is extremely unprofessional. They rarely call you back or respond to faxes or telephone messages. Doctor Pettle is a good Doctor however, he will leav..."

July 2, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drpettle.com" to "http://www.drpettle.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M2H0" to "M3H 5Z3". Address has been updated from "None" to "3910 Bathurst Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14166334101".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pettle the has helped me through menopause, sometimes speaks quickly and lots to absorb. I would like more handouts to read but very happy with services."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Pettle is fantastic!! I had scene 9 Gynecologist over the past 10 years and none showed the care and concern that was given to me. I had bleeding 240 day..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had long periods of insomnia, headaches, weight gain, hot flashes,brain fog, hair loss, brittle nails, I was tired all the time , didn't want sex I had bacte..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Staff are very rude, don't return phone calls, unprofessional attire for a work environment. (Grubby clothing - cut off jeans - more appropriate for laying aro..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For 17 years he has been the one Dr. who has helped me through the horrible of night sweats."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Really, really, really not worth the expense. Got no relief, no help whatsoever."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr Pettle and your staff. After suffering years/decades of really heavy cycles, depression, eventually MCI, fatigue, chronic iron anemia,breast cysts,..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr . Pettle and his staff are amazing . He has saved my life ! I feel like a new woman. He is knowledgeable. Sensitive . I am feeling like a new woman becaus..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pettle's office is amazing. The staff are kind and very organized. The wealth of knowledge Dr. Pettle has brought to Canada makes him truly the best of the ..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Complete scam. Pay an "annual fee" for his fake care. You pay the fee, he hands you some CD's of him! No follow up. Always rudely late (hours behind) and read..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "God Bless Dr Pettle and his team. Compassionate and expert physician. I am thankful for his medical care."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Pettle for two years and I feel like a new women. The bio identical hormones are magic. I feel like I am human again. I am 51 and I wen..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "he is just trash, always has been always will be and has totally ruined my life thru too many surgeries for nothing except taking advantage of a very young girl..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm always thrilled with the advice and guidance of Dr. Pettle and his team. Very kind, thoughtful experts in what they do. I find the office environment very ..."

September 23, 2014
  • 1 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

October 5, 2013
  • City changed from "Toronto" to "North York"

April 13, 2012