Ratings for Dr. Johan Steyn

Moved to the area 3 years ago and went to the health clinic to see a doctor. I was referred to Dr. Miakal and after five minutes with him I decided that I'd try the other Dr. on staff. Dr steyn was kind and helpful and made me feel very comfortable. He listened, he questioned and then he gave me a script for meds. Later on my father came to stay with me and I needed to take him to see the doctor. Dr. Steyn checked him over and admitted him to the hospital where he stayed for more than a week as he was extremely ill. This doctor took it upon himself to call me a couple of times after dad was released from the hospital to check his progress. Wonderful man. He never once tried to push religion down our throats but did pray over my dad while he was very ill. I appreciated it immensley!! This man does so much for our community and he gets nothing but static from the Health Board and bad press from some of the small minded people in the area. Give this doctor your full support.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

What an experience!!!! This man asked my nine year old if she knew that angels kill people? I watched my child's face go from smiling and happy to completely terrified in 0 seconds! He then told her they really do because when an angel like her walks by all the boys die!!! A little inappropriate!!! She had a cough and pink eye he said her lungs sound clear, I said great because I worry because she had pneumonia two years ago! He said oh well we'll put her on a high dose of medication for pneumonia and gave her a puffer which expires in a month and is labelled not intended for children under 12 but he said dont worry about that just goes by the Canadian something or other and instead of taking 4 puffs like he said before he read that day take one a day, but it's up to me if I want to. Also let me know that the mess in the room was due to him trying to get organized due to the Canadian medical something or other is coming to investigate him......hmmmmm I wonder why! Never again!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

Dr. Steyn is always cheerful and helpful as well as trustful

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I know how he pushes religion on people, bt he wants to help peope in both the earthly and spiritual way. I don't apriciate people taling about my family in the manner they do. So if anyone is to degrade him, keep it to yourself. He loves his paitents and is willing to help in all ways possible. Trust me, I'd know. He's well taught in his job and knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

Great

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

This doctor is an idiot. He asked me if I thought he should call the xray tech. He told us to pray and that would cure all. He gossips about his patients to his family who then spreads the word thoughout the town where we live. If you want to survive...drive to the next town.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

This man is compassionate to a fault. I left his office feeling "poor me". He does prescribe a lot of drugs....... He is a "lovely" person and a great member of this community.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Steyn is knowledgable but has a problem of pushing religion onto his unsuspecting patients. Other then that he is a good doctor who really does care but tends to loose sight of the issues at hand and tends to confuse the patient, because of this I have changed my doctor!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008

Dr.Steyn like to talk, a lot. And so it is hard to go there for something becuase he ends up talking non-stop about things that have nothing to do with what you are there for. Other than that, he knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2007

Very thorough, nice bedside manner. Easy to work with as he really listens to your concerns and is willing to consider your needs realistically.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2007