Ratings for Dr. Wai Doyle-Chan

If you are given Dr. Doyle-Chan as your baby's pediatrician from the Grey Nuns, or anywhere, get a new pediatrician. Our baby now needs a procedure done after struggling for many weeks because this "specialist" brushed off our concerns raised.. but a NURSE caught it. Don't let this doctor brushing you off make you feel guilty as a parent. She would rather talk about how educated she is than your baby or child.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr Doyle Chan is extremely egotistical and condescending. Won't give you much of her time, always in a rush. Don't dare ask her a question or she will make you feel like an idiot. She always seems defensive too. Her diagnosis and recommendations are brutal and she doesn't seem to accept that she might not be the only person to help, not open to referring. She thinks she's the be all end all of medicine. I have had a couple appointments with her where she has behaved very unprofessionally. In fact, it's the most unprofessional experience I've ever had in any kind of appointment. She was rude and did not listen to us. She blamed my daughters health issues on her "personality". I believe any good pediatrician will tell you a mother knows best when it comes to her child. We have found a new pediatrician who is MUCH better and gives our child the time she needs and also is willing to think outside the box when it comes to our child's health. If you get Doyle-Chan at the hospital, find a new pediatrician as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Never once is on time and then seems in a rush to finish up. Never schedule late in the day or expect Atleast a 30 mins wait.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Doctor Doyle Chan has seen both my sons since they were born. She is great with them and very knowledgeably. My boys love going to her.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr. Doyle Chan has been seeing our son since he was born. I find her great with my son and she is very knowledgeable. I know the wait to get in is long but as long as you are prepared for that she is worth seeing.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Doyle-Chan is an alright doctor, she's nice enough but don't plan on using her for ANYTHING more then a basic check up. She books a few months in advance and has a very small window to actually see her (doesn't start until 11am everyday) and works 3 days a week. Long waits in the actual office. It's not worth it, currently looking to find a new pediatrician.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Both of our daughters have been going to see Dr. Doyle-Chan since they were born. I would agree that there is often times a wait, however this is the case everywhere for a good pediatrician. This is the current reality for getting in to see a specialist in Alberta people - you need to be patient. She is one of the ranking experts in the capital region when it comes to communicable diseases and has correctly diagnosed several illnesses in our kids that ER/family docs have missed. I have never left an appointment with her feeling disrespected, so I'm somewhat bewildered by the experiences others have relayed here. Don't believe the fear-mongering from some of the other comments, Dr. Doyle-Chan is a very good doctor and anyone should be proud to have her as part of their family's health care team.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Horrible punctuality. Waited for over 2 hours with a booked appointment. Worst experience ever

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Doyle Chan has been seeing our sons since birth. When we were assigned her as our pediatrician at the hospital, all of the nurses told us how lucky we were to have her and they were right! We have received wonderful service from her. Our youngest son was born very premature and Dr. Doyle -Chan has been diligent about making sure that even our slightest concerns with regard to his health are addressed. She is very knowledgeable and has been an immense support to our family though the difficulties involved in having a premature child.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

HORRIBLE DOCTOR.When my son was born, I took him to see Dr.Doyle Chan. She was the pediatrician I had from the hospital. First visit, she ran late, and it didnt bother me too bad, it happens. She weighted him and measured him. We went to ask her some questions ( since we are new parents) he told us to go buy a book. And that was the end of our appointment.Second visit, I figure one last shot. SHE WAS BOOKING TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE. Took time off work to see her. She was late 20min. My son had a cold at 8months, nothing they can do, baby ecxema nothing she reccomends, we wanted to ask her about his diet, we were told we need another appointment if we have any questions (another two weeks). Never weighed him, nor measured him. Left empty handed and no advice on anything. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. NEED A NEW PEDIATRICIAN. She is always in a hurry. TERRIBLE for patient care.

Submitted January 9, 2014