Ratings for Dr. Wai Doyle-Chan

at around 1 year, I started to show concern that our son wasn't meeting milestones. Dr.doule chan brushed everything off and I would leave questioning myself. By the time my son was 3, through a school - he was assessed and we were able to access PUF funding for serious delays! It was suggested from the school we a referral to glenrose - even after all this - she then accused the school of wanting more money and that the glenrose would be of no help. She said that our son was not autistic because he showed empathy!!! Wow. We got a referral to a new peds. Dr. From our family doctor. He sent us for chromosome tests. Our son has 2 chromosome deletions and has global developmental delays as well as many other things. ALL of this could have been tested for by blood work when I first brought my concerns to her. I would NEVER recommmend her. My son could be further along if she had just listened to me. I thought since we were assigned her from grey nuns from birth that it meant we had to stick with her. I never thought through out the first couple of years that we could find a different doctor. If you think something isn't right with your baby, don't let her make you feel stupid for it. Trust your gut instinct and fight for your child. Find a new doctor... Push for answers.... Don't let her talk down to your. You are your baby's biggest advocater. We would wait for long past our scheduled appointments just to be brushed off. One time she asked me "how long is this going to take? I have a class to teach!" That was our last appointment with her. I left crying. Do your research and read all these reviews before trusting this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Worst doctor I've ever see! She is consistently at least 1 hour late and seems as if she doesn't even want to be there in the first place. If there were other pediatricians accepting patients right now I would definitely be taking my daughter somewhere else.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

She is the worst Pediatric Dr ever! After I had my child & she didn't gain the stupid amount of fat the fat Dr had thought she should have, I was told if she didn't gain substantial weight by the next visit she would be calling social services. Go figure, with this Dr the fatter you are the better. Guess she goes on personal experience! Don't put your baby or your self through this useless woman's lack of knowledge! That being said, my child Who is an adult is just fine

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Always brushed off concerns making me feel stupid for bringing them up.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

If you are given Dr. Doyle-Chan as your baby's pediatrician from the Grey Nuns, or anywhere, get a new pediatrician. Our baby now needs a procedure done after struggling for many weeks because this "specialist" brushed off our concerns raised.. but a NURSE caught it. Don't let this doctor brushing you off make you feel guilty as a parent. She would rather talk about how educated she is than your baby or child.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr Doyle Chan is extremely egotistical and condescending. Won't give you much of her time, always in a rush. Don't dare ask her a question or she will make you feel like an idiot. She always seems defensive too. Her diagnosis and recommendations are brutal and she doesn't seem to accept that she might not be the only person to help, not open to referring. She thinks she's the be all end all of medicine. I have had a couple appointments with her where she has behaved very unprofessionally. In fact, it's the most unprofessional experience I've ever had in any kind of appointment. She was rude and did not listen to us. She blamed my daughters health issues on her "personality". I believe any good pediatrician will tell you a mother knows best when it comes to her child. We have found a new pediatrician who is MUCH better and gives our child the time she needs and also is willing to think outside the box when it comes to our child's health. If you get Doyle-Chan at the hospital, find a new pediatrician as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Never once is on time and then seems in a rush to finish up. Never schedule late in the day or expect Atleast a 30 mins wait.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Doctor Doyle Chan has seen both my sons since they were born. She is great with them and very knowledgeably. My boys love going to her.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr. Doyle Chan has been seeing our son since he was born. I find her great with my son and she is very knowledgeable. I know the wait to get in is long but as long as you are prepared for that she is worth seeing.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Doyle-Chan is an alright doctor, she's nice enough but don't plan on using her for ANYTHING more then a basic check up. She books a few months in advance and has a very small window to actually see her (doesn't start until 11am everyday) and works 3 days a week. Long waits in the actual office. It's not worth it, currently looking to find a new pediatrician.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015