Ratings for Dr. Wai Doyle-Chan

Benn seeing the doctor since my first born came along and now she sees all three of my kids. She's very knowledgeable, very patient and simply amazing . My kids love her. I've never had any issues with her or her staff. I have only had 2 instances where yes, the wait time was long, but when a doctor is on call OR when patients simple do NOT show up for their scheduled times, then that causes her to run behind. No one seems to realize that. Of the two times we've had to wait, she was very apologetic. We simple adore her, she's wonderful :)

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Excellent and caring physician. Extremely knowledgable

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Best pediatrician ever. She takes such good care of my twins and is a wealth of knowledge. She listens when you have questions. Sometimes she is a little rushed but what doctor isnt now a days? Anytime my children had any kind of problem she led us in the right direction. Love her and her staff.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

All we do is wait over an hr ...app is at 11 am actually see the doc after 1am!!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

My daughter started developing red small bumps on her body (mostly tummy) on a Thursday. My husband took her to a medicenter and they tested for chicken pox. The results came back negative and by Sunday night her body was covered with open sores that kept getting bigger. They were like a wound that looked that it was scratched for a long time and they hurt. My dad who is retired offered to take my daughter to see doctor Doyle chan on the Monday. He recorded the conversation on his iphone so i could listen to what was said after the fact. Dr Doyle Chan advised him it looked possibly like Staph Infection and she took a few swabs. She said the results would be in by wednesday and to rebook for then. She said we could use polysporin on the sores, but nothing can be done until the results show what it is. She mentioned the sores would bilster and pus. Within 12 hours her sores were getting worse, painful and ugly. We went to see a doctor immediately as I wasnt about to wait 2 days for results, Staph can be very serious. We received a prescription for antibiotics and it started to work immediately. Thank GOD. My husband took my daughter (along with my son) back to see Dr Doyle Chan on Wednesday to get the swab results back. he waited TWO AND A HALF HOURS to see her. Finally, she came in with a resident. No apology, nothing, but that wasnt the point. The results confirmed it was in fact Staph infection. When my husband showed her the prescription my daughter had been taking, she got very upset and angry. She said she had 30 years experience and she was insulted. I'm sorry - youre insulted I wanted treatment for my daughter while you did nothing?? She THEN began to say she instructed my Dad who brought my daughter in on the Monday to bring my daughter to the stollery to get her sores drained. Oh and she EVEN went as far as stating she wrote him a note to do so! SO...here's the thing, her sores had absolutely nothing to be drained or even attempt to drain, they were open to the skin, not blister like. Second of all, she outright lied and said she actually wrote a note instructing my Dad to take my daughter to the hospital. Now this could all be a matter of miscommunication at its finest; however, lets not forget - my dad RECORDED THE APPOINTMENT. ZERO mention of going to Stollery let alone a note. Dr Doyle Chan is a liar, has no respect for a patient's time. I understand being late, but 2-1/2 hours?? Cmon. We will never her again, god help her current patients. And if you see her, i would suggest bringing a good read and some tea - but shes a pediatrician and you're there with your kids - so GOOD luck to that!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr C saved my life at 5 yrs of age back then kawasakis disease was barely heard of ..but because of her knowlage and concern for her childeren she will do everything in her power to fix whatever needs to be fixed ..if it wasnt for her im not sure id be here today i was close to death nobody could figure it out except her ...so thank you dr c ..i know why she is in such high demand ..if your child is suffering from a serious illness or in any emergency situation i would want her on my side ..she can be late or a b*tch all she wants if that mean she will save our kids when we need her to.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

at around 1 year, I started to show concern that our son wasn't meeting milestones. Dr.doule chan brushed everything off and I would leave questioning myself. By the time my son was 3, through a school - he was assessed and we were able to access PUF funding for serious delays! It was suggested from the school we a referral to glenrose - even after all this - she then accused the school of wanting more money and that the glenrose would be of no help. She said that our son was not autistic because he showed empathy!!! Wow. We got a referral to a new peds. Dr. From our family doctor. He sent us for chromosome tests. Our son has 2 chromosome deletions and has global developmental delays as well as many other things. ALL of this could have been tested for by blood work when I first brought my concerns to her. I would NEVER recommmend her. My son could be further along if she had just listened to me. I thought since we were assigned her from grey nuns from birth that it meant we had to stick with her. I never thought through out the first couple of years that we could find a different doctor. If you think something isn't right with your baby, don't let her make you feel stupid for it. Trust your gut instinct and fight for your child. Find a new doctor... Push for answers.... Don't let her talk down to your. You are your baby's biggest advocater. We would wait for long past our scheduled appointments just to be brushed off. One time she asked me "how long is this going to take? I have a class to teach!" That was our last appointment with her. I left crying. Do your research and read all these reviews before trusting this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Worst doctor I've ever see! She is consistently at least 1 hour late and seems as if she doesn't even want to be there in the first place. If there were other pediatricians accepting patients right now I would definitely be taking my daughter somewhere else.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

She is the worst Pediatric Dr ever! After I had my child & she didn't gain the stupid amount of fat the fat Dr had thought she should have, I was told if she didn't gain substantial weight by the next visit she would be calling social services. Go figure, with this Dr the fatter you are the better. Guess she goes on personal experience! Don't put your baby or your self through this useless woman's lack of knowledge! That being said, my child Who is an adult is just fine

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Always brushed off concerns making me feel stupid for bringing them up.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017