Ratings for Dr. Peter Groenewald

Dr. groenewald is my current family doctor and I cannot stand him and his partner, Dr. Merring. Dr. G is often late due to the plethora of smoke breaks he takes. I was but on a strong medication and told to. Heck up with him in two months, so when I made the appt I arrived to have a whole new dr who knew nothing about my and why i was on that medication. When I had broken my finger he went against the specialists orders and did it the fast way so I wouldn't have to come in every week. I know a finger is no big deal, but it is really frustrating because it did not heal properly and still hurts a year and a half later. He is judgmental and makes up feel bad for things you have done in your life. He speeds through your appointment. He is rude and unprofessional. I had asked to see a psychiatrist because he had been trying to just put me on different medications and he told me they would call me in a few days, but it has been a month now and I still have not heard from either. And then his receptionist. She is a piece of work. Very rude (you'll see that in many reviews) and never answers her phone. I will call seven times through out a day and never got an answer.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Groenewald was excellent. His receptionist was combative, aggressive, and rude. I was seen by Dr. Groenewald at the CMC walk-in clinic. Due to not having a family doctor, he told me he would see me at his office and take me as a patient. When I phoned on January 25th 2017 and made an appointment I forgot where I wrote it down. Upon calling back on February 1st 2017 to check when my appointment was I was told I didn't have an appointment by the same receptionist. She also told me that Dr. Groenwald was not my doctor. I gave her as much detail as I could, told her when approximately I made the appointment, I told her I remember talking to her, and that I remember it being at approximately 9 AM next week. She got aggressive and rude with me when I said: "I remember making the appointment with you, are you sure you didn't misspell my name?" She ended the call by saying "Due to your attitude we will not be accepting you as a patient". At no point in time did I escalate this situation, but I do understand it can be hard to be wrong. I am sure that in the next week I will get a phone call asking why I missed an appointment. I guess the hunt for a new doctor continues.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Very knowledgable...friendly and helpful. Happy to Doctor with him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

il est un compagnon de travail dur très occupé. Il n'a pas hésité à répondre à vos questions que vous avez pour lui

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

For the review about Dr Groenewald being in treatment. For the so called concerned patient. What would you have a Dr that supposedly went or 10 that should have.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr. Groenewald is professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. I was very happy to have had him as a Dr. I received the best treatment possible and am on the mend. Thank-you so much!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. G for over 2 years now. He is knowledgeable and has a great manner when dealing with any issue I've had. Very happy I was able to get in as a patient. Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

This Dr. really knows his stuff! I found him to be very honest, kind & compassionate. I like his personality for the most part. Everyone gets cranky once in awhile, right? Let's give credit where credit is due. Thank you , Dr. Groenewald, for serving your patients! Yorkton needs you!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I do not believe this man is a Doctor.No qualified professional doctor behaves like this man. He just hasn't been found out yet.A lot of these imports land in Yorkton and the patients of the town pay the price.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

He has been my family Dr for over 8 years. He really is a great doctor, he knows his stuff. Sure he's busy and rushed at times, but what doctor isn't? It's a thankless job most days , likely why we have so few physicians in the first place. I find him to be direct, yet humorous, some people may mistake this for sarcasm. Some people like sugar coated responses, he doesn't tend to do this, but he's not a Kindergarden teacher. I always felt he was sympathetic and got me the tests I required. If you ask someone "how are you"? and they tell you they are tired or their back hurts etc...you asked! It's a tough job, so be respectful and realize they are human too, we all get cranky and over worked, we all have our vices. I'd prefer someone to take a much needed break for 10 minutes, instead of burn out....think about it, he probably barely gets a decent lunch in most days. What he does on his break is his own business, personally I'd rather rate his abilities as a Dr, which I've found to be excellent.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016