Ratings for Dr. Rowena Lass

I don't find Dr. Lass to be very helpful. She makes me think I'm crazy when I go there and my issues are nothing. She doesn't listen to what I have to say. I feel that my visits with her are a waste of time.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Wonderful Doctor. Takes time to listen. Makes referrals to specialists if necessary. Very busy office but I have never had difficulty getting appointments within a reasonable time frame. Dr. Lass has been very helpful and I have always been very satisfied with her care.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

if you have an ongoing problem and you are diagnosed with 2 different diagnoses you are perscribed pills and sent on your way, when asked for a second opinion, you are denied and basically told that you are a burdin on the health care system, i thought doctors wanted to solve problems??? its been 1 year that i haven't been able to enjoy a walk outside or on the treadmill. I guess its all in my head.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Long wait times for appointments. Won't do fit-ins which has resulted in having to make trips to emergency when a condition needs treatment. Doesn't always listen long enough to hear all symptoms before drawing conclusions. Doesn't seem to remember patient history and needs reminded. Passive patients who do not like to complain need to become more agressive and at times push for referals when problems are not serious, but ongoing.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

Dr. Lass is very helpful and actually takes the time to discuss my concerns/problems. She has given me very appropriate info and I believe her to be very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

Some issues you can talk to her about, others, not so much...everytime I give her my symptoms, she makes me take a pregnancy test! I'm not pregnant! Once she made me restart what my issue was because she wasn't listening. I'm supposed to be able to discuss my health issues with her- how can I when I don't feel like I'm getting the proper attention or respect???

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Dr. Lass is the best and although I realize the doctor shortage in our city and the reconstruction of the medical centre is a major probem, I have been unable to see her regularly. I have been suffering from medical problems on and off for the past few years and yet the only place I can go for some type of relief is the emergency department of our hospital, who in turn only treat the symptoms and say "you have to go see your family doctor as they have your full medical history", yet I can't get into see any doc in that office because when they finally are able to schedule appts. they turn around and cancel mine for whatever reason the week before the appointment is scheduled. Get another doc you say...where? no one is taking on new patients here. Living with R.A. is very difficult when you can't get a prescription for the pain and have to wait for 3 mos to see the rheumatologist cause he lives in Southern Ontario and is only here 4 times per year.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

Dr Lass is every easy to speak to. Direct and to the point. Will make referalls if she does not have answers. Office very busy and it can be a long wait before getting an appointment.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2007