Ratings for Dr. Ruth Turnbull

July 2017 I made a point of seeking out Dr Ruth Turnbull at the Ladner Clinic over three years until I was able to find a GP. She is an experienced doctor who can be relied upon for an accurate diagnosis and rapid treatment. I had WASTED so much time visiting other doctors in walk-in clinics for a simple problem that Dr Turnbull recognized and treated immediately. I would rather have Dr Turnbull's competence and wait up to three hours to see her than wait for one of the other Dr's that I had seen and be "blown-off".

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

potentially knowledgable but blindingly inconsiderate with extremely poor bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I was Dr Ruth's first patient when she opened her practice is Ladner. There are a lot of valid points being posted here and yes that office is a nightmare and the staff are poorly trained...basically they do what they want, no leadership. Dr Ruth has saved my life quite literally and has gone to great lengths to keep me healthy so .... when I have to wait 3 hours ( book appointment) it is irritating but I plan for it, I call ahead and ask how far behind she is and adjust my day which is not easy when you work. She has become very stressed and there are days she can be "short" with patients but I try to come prepared with notes to make things go smoothly. She's been able to get me in to see some of BC's top specialists and I'm forever grateful. Dr Ruth is very dedicated and loves the work she does in Delta Hospital which I'm sure she will transfer into full time once Dr Sylvia Henderson retires. Sad for me to lose her but I've had almost 30 years of excellent care.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Stay away. She instructed a mentally ill patient to commit suicide. Very wrong. Do no harm remember ?

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

I am no longer a patient after 18 years because her manners have been horrible the laat few years. She is ALWAYS hours behind and 60-80% of the time is in a bad mood. While I find her knowledgeable, her rudeness and being quick to judge has hindered her ability to use it. Shame since she was an amazing doctor for many, many years.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Turnbull for 30 years, and she is always helpful. However she is usually EXTREMELY late to appointments and normal wait time is between 1-2 HOURS behind. She is well known for coming in late to work and being abraisive to her staff so they cannot manage her day for her which is their jobs. Helpful, knowledgeable, considerate yet she wastes patients time by running so far behind and that is hugely disrespectful.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Turnbull for 20+ years and have found her to be extremely knowledgeable but have lately noticed she seems not to be as thorough as she once was. I am so frustrated with the difficulties in getting appointments and when I do get them, she is often 1 - 3 HOURS late. I have even been the first patient of the day and had to wait 45 mins. I would hate to leave her but it is now getting ridiculous. Her staff was once very professional but it's hard to keep good staff if they have to deal with frustrated patients all day.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr Turnbull is a tremendously caring and knowledgeable doctor. The only complaints are that the wait time is almost always extreme and that the staff lacks finesse.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

RUDE,NO CONSIDERATION AS TO PATIENTS WAITING TIME. THE STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK TURN YOU RIGHT OFF.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I trust Dr. Turnbull completely which is worth waiting to see her (even if she is behind 2 hours). She explains everything to you so you understand and will answer all your questions (she will take the time with you). A totally dedicated doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015