Ratings for Dr. M. Junie Toussaint

I inherent Dr. T when she took over from the late Dr.Sargant. She was a good Dr straight out of medical school. As time when on she became less interested and frankly to busy to be thorough. After an extremely terrifying experience I developed PTSD. She told me I needed to get over it and if I couldn't, I needed to find myself a psychiatrist. I also had a few serious falls and instead of taking time to find out the cause, I was told to use a cane. Not very professional and obviously not interested in helping.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I left the care of Dr. Toussaint 10 years ago and its funny to see she hasn't changed much, but here is my story. When I was 18 I had injured my knee while playing baseball. I went into see Dr. Toussaint to explain to her that as I would walk my knee would give out from under me and was very wobbly. The whole time I explained this she seemed unamused and just dismissed it for the most part. She visually looked at the knee and seen it was swollen proscribed me anti-Inflammatorys and sent me for XRays that showed no issues. For the 8 months to follow I would keep coming back telling her the same thing. My knee gives out all the time and is all swollen. In those 8 months I got a ton of prescriptions for anti-inflammatorys and constant dismissal until finally she decided to prescribe Physio Therapy. Within the first session of Physio my doctor after examining the knee asked me why I was in physio before my surgery. When I looked at her confused she said "You do know you have torn something in your knee right? Haven't you gotten an MRI" Basically X Rays don't show ligaments just bone and if Dr. Toussaint had taken 2 min to even examine the knee and realize that an ACL tear is the most common sports injure then it would of saved me a lot of time. The next visit to go see her I knew would be my last. I sternly demanded a MRI and to speak with a specialist that SHE would find for me. The whole meeting she gave me snooty remarks and had a sour look on her face. Within 2 weeks it had been set up and I finally seen a knee specialist. Within a 5 min quick examination of the knee he knew right away what was wrong and just ensured me that an MRI would be done to prove it. After the MRI results the specialist couldn't believe I was even walking in my condition considering I had no ACL anymore it had completely snapped. If it was up to Dr. Toussaint I wouldn't of ever received the help I needed and within 5 years of a serious injury like that I would of needed a wheelchair. Horrible doctor...

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I'm thinking of switching to a new physician. I've been with Dr. Toussaint for 10 years but barely see her other than the annual check-up. I'm not sure why I feel this ought to 'buy' me an extra few minutes but that certainly isn't the case. If you can't get to the to the point in 10 words or less then there's nothing wrong with you, it seems. Don't try to discuss anything or ask a vague question. She has no patience for that! She is not remotely interested in anything one has read on the internet or any alternative research. If there is a cure then she knows about it or else there is no cure so stop looking. Don't get me wrong, I like her but I always come away feeling slightly like a chastised child for asking or doing the wrong thing. I don't believe in wasting the time of busy professionals such as Dr.Toussaint nor abusing our fragile medical system, however I do believe in preventative medicine and it feels a little like she's rather you wait until the damage is done for her to assess you.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Mixed experience with this doctor, eventually I decided I didn't want to be a medical ginea pig and actually researched and found an amazing doctor elsewhere. Also, it was upsetting to hear, sorry only one "medical" issue per appointment. Perhaps you could just swipe my health card twice, and not ask me to return? She also misdiagnosed a rash that I had and said it was a topical allergy from a keyboard or my cat. It was interesting considering I've had my cat for 17 years and the keyboard really would affect 2 wrists and not just one. I was later referred by my new doctor to a dermatologist and had a fix to my rash within 2 days while with Junie I suffered for almost 2 months. Wouldn't recommend unless you're visiting and already know what you need ie prescription refill.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I've been with Dr. Toussiant ever since I was a child, she has always been a fantastic doctor. She and her staff are both very polite and helpful. I feel very comfortable around her, discussing any healthcare concerns that I might have with out the feeling of judgement. She is straightforward and professional, everything I believe a good doctor should be.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I found this site by accident when checking Junie's address. Quite frankly I'm shocked that anyone would ever give her a rating below 4. I have been with Junie since she started the practice and I appreciate the fact that she is so straightforward and practical. Her staff have always been helpful and I have never had to wait long. I never feel rushed and she deals with all of my concerns in a professional manner. I feel very lucky that I found her.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Absolutely terrible. I've been with her for almost 30 years and she just gets worse. I have stayed for as long as I have because she knows about my complicated medical history. During my very first pregnancy she told me to find my own OB/GYN and then she'd send them a referral. I'm constantly told to find my own specialists when I shouldn't have to, that's her job. I don't have access to the information needed to find my own specialists. She's very cold and speaks down to her patients. She is not gentle in demeanor nor during physical exams.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

We have been patients of Dr. Toussaint for more than 10 years with complicated health issues. Her care has been excellent and she has demonstrated solid knowledge of medical issues. We particularly appreciate the way she works with us, as patients, to sort out the best approach to achieving better health.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Dr. Toussaint is a no nonsense type, she runs her office like a proper business, carefully scheduling her appointments to give longer times for annual physicals etc.. I find she listens and is very respectful in her approach. I had a few doctors in the past and would not trade Dr. Toussaint for any other GP. The two malcontents who wrote below, appear to not have provided a balanced review and come across as malcontents with issues other than physical in nature.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Toussaint runs an excellent office and is punctual. For my annual physical I bring in a list of all my health concerns, she listens attentively and addresses each. She has provided excellent referrals to specialists. I have issues with soft tissue issues and she h prescribes a compound that which has worked like magic with no side effects, unlike medications taken internally. She is sensitive to my wishes as I practice a holistic approach to my health. Her manner is to the point, without attitude and she runs her office like a proper business with minimum wait times. She hires excellent receptionists who are respectful and efficient and friendly. (a huge weakness in most doctor's office where the receptionist is often dragons or worse, rude and abusive when frazzled).

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

Dr. M. Junie Toussaint's Credentials

• University of Calgary (Grad. 1983)