Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Gauthier

So, I have been seeing one pain management doctor and have done well. My pain is not completely gone, but overall improved. I thought I would get another opinion, just to see if there was something extra. Dr. Gauthier then offered me an injection, which I had. I feel so much worse now. Also, despite him being a "pain doctor", he would not give me any pain medications. He said that he doesn't prescribe medications and only does injections. I didn't know that pain doctors were so picky. I tried going back to my regular doctor as he does both medications and injections, and now he will not see me anymore. He said that since I had an injection at another doctr's office, he couldn't manage the complications from another pain doctor and that I should be able to get pain medicaitons from Dr. Gautheier. Dr. Gauthier refused. Bad experience about going here. Would not recommedn. I would recommend staying with a doctor who does EVERYTHING, not just shots!!!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr. Michael E. Gauthier's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal