Ratings for Dr. Maxwell Theresa

extremely uncaring unless my family member is not breathing will by pass the emergency room where she works because this doctor is so unbelievably rude

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

My husband and I brought our 3 year old son in after falling down the stairs. After giving us a lecture on stair safety,(I couldn't help that he suddenly learned how to unlatch the 50 inch high gate,that I struggle daily trying to open)Dr Maxwell stated "I assure you his arm is not broken" and would not prescribe pain medicine even through he was crying and guarding his arm.She stated in a degrading voice "your baby will be fine little mommy just given him some tylenol and do something about those stairs before he really gets hurt" I am 38 years old and this is my 3rd child! I don't appreciate being talked to as if I were a paranoid 20 year old new mom worried about a sneeze.We left and went to another ER where my son was admitted to the hospital and had to undergo surgery to fix his very obvious BROKEN arm.I have been an elementary school teacher for 14 years and have had many students with broken bones and have never seen one healed by tylenol! Her skills and care are pathetic.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

Poor bed side manner. Poor social skills. Does not allow time for questions. Was discharged from the ER without Dr ever explaining what she felt was my problem.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

I was visiting from out of town and became ill the day I got to North Little Rock. I couldn't breathe, sleep, stop coughing and sniffing. So on a Sunday my husband decided that I was going to a Doctor. We couldn't find an immediate care facility so he took me to the ER. 1st I was seen by a very nice nurse that said the Dr. would take good care of me. I told her about how I felt and then also explained to her that I was scared to death of flying and asked if she thought the Dr would give 1 Ativan pill for anxiety on our plane trip home. She assured me that wasn't too much to ask, she was afraid of fying too. Next I was seen be an intern, verynice young man, who said he didn't think it was a sinus infection, more likely allergies. He examined me much more thoroughly than Dr Maxwell did. Next she came in, looked at my throat and anounced that it was a sinus infection and that she would have the nurse give me a steroid shot, and prescribe an antibiotic and some Clarinex, she made a point of saying it was NOT over the counter. When I asked about the 1 ativan, she told me that it was illeg

flag | Submitted November 30, 2006

Saw Ms. Maxwell in the ER on two different occasions for the same problem. Although not outwardly rude, she is certainly not pleasant. She did a quick physical check on me and berated me both times for not having a PCP in the area to visit (I had just moved here at the time). She seemed to want to hurry up and get me out of there. She showed little caring and her general attitude was lousy.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2006

Extremely rude and uncaring used foul language. Brought my husband into the Emergency Room one evening when he developed sudden edema and shortness of breath. The first time I brought him she was nice and gave him some medicine. The next afternoon his condition worsened and I brought him back. She then was EXTREMELY RUDE AND USED FOUL LANGUAGE. She asked, "What are you doing back here? Are you doctor hopping? The ER is very expensive and is only for emergencies." She also used foul language. I took my husband to another hospital where he died the next day of heart failure. He was only 38 years old.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2005