Ratings for Dr. Gary Kinney

Stay away from Dr. Gary Kinney....I would give no star if I can.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Irresponsible, reckless, gross negligence. Mismanaged the birth of my grandson along with dr Vera Frinton, the obst. in charge. The College ruled that we received excellent care.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

In 1994 he delivered my grandson via c/s Birth traumas with huge head hematoma and others significant complications were present, which he omitted to report and thus prevented a proper medical further examination as well as truthful evaluation by the College. I have not chosen him , it was that the original obstetrician, dr. Vera Frinton neglected to do c/s in time in the first place. The College, including the present Registrar wrote and said that no significant complications were present. He also was untruthful about the significant post c/s fever which was due to maternal sepsis and a s a result the mother and the child were not protected. The review by the College stated, that both the baby and the mother received e x c e l l e n t care ! Very uncanadian, to say the least.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I really love this doctor, he's very kind, attentive, respectful. He always explains everything to me, and he doesn't rush the appointment like others doctors but instead he pays attention to everything you say. For me he's is the best.

Submitted December 18, 2015

dr. kinney is the worst gynecologist i have ever seen.... doesn't have any valid reasons for things and doesn't answer what a patient wants to know.

Submitted November 20, 2015

The funniest most knowledgable ob/gyn in Van hands down.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Dr. Kinney was so great! He is helpful, honest and showed compassion for my situation. He was very professional and my surgery went exactly as he had promised. He has helped me so much and I could not be happier with my results. I felt it was necessary to let anyone that comes here know that he is a wonderful doctor and I would absolutely go back if I needed anything gynecologist related.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Kinney attended my delivery as the obstetrician on call. I can't speak for his office practice or staff (unable to leave blank) as I only met him while delivering, but his skills speak for themselves. A gentle, friendly and funny man who performed a technically excellent delivery for my son. Took the time to ensure I didn't tear. Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Don’t bother seeing him if you have fertility issues – go straight to a fertility clinic. He wasted 6 months of my time by having me do tests and referred me to a fertility clinic at the end anyway. The fertility clinic is going to ask me do more tests anyway. Seeing Dr. Kinney was a complete waste of my time as he doesn’t share the same sense of urgency.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Labour induction by I.V. drug was attempted at 1PM by the obstetrician which took care of the whole pregnancy. The obstetrician came 5 hours later!, at 6PM and said, she is tired and her partner Dr Kinney will perform c/s, which wasn't done until after 9PM! Immediately after c/s, my daughter developed a fever due to Strep-B sepsis. He didn't care to come out from the OR to see if she is ok, as he should. No Penicillin was given to the mother or child to protect them. In the baby's chart: "no maternal fever" entered by the pediatrician! We were warned by the pediatrician, that the child may get significant complication (meningitis.) We went thru severe stress. The c/s was significantly delayed, as it was done about 11 hrs! after the membranes were manually ruptured and probably oxygen deprivation on the baby's brain has taken place. The nurses were ugly. We have complained, the answer was, that both mother and child received an excellent care!!!!

Submitted February 7, 2014