Ratings for Dr. Gary Kinney

Dr. Kinney was my ex-wife's gyno in 1996. She had the precursor of cervical cancer and he treated her with a new treatment, cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen to the cervix, rather than the traditional heat treatment. In the end she had 10 years of massive hormonal problems associated with this treatment that led to intense vaginal pain among many, many other side effects. An article was finally published in the Lancet in 2006 showing that 5% of women treated with this treatment had these severe side effects. She is now better as the treatment is waiting a decade to heal. I don't blame Dr. Kinney for this as it was the new treatment but I wish he'd stuck with the tried and true. I don't forgive him for repeatedly telling her that it was all in her head and that "maybe the problem was with the marriage." The sexless marriage continued quite happily despite the health issues for long after that and we split up in the end when she couldn't deal with the emotional fallout of being robbed of her sex life from 25-35. We're good friends now despite Dr. Kinney. Moreover, I had to go in and read him the riot act at one point as he kept dismissing her concerns. He promised to call every gyno he knew and "get to the bottom of the problem." He did nothing and he didn't even call her in the end.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

First time mom, had Dr. Kinney on call at St. Paul's for vaginal delivery. 3 years post delivery, and my vag is still destroyed with prolapse / irreversibly weak ligaments (and I've been active before, through, and after pregnancy with no complications otherwise), leaving me mad at myself for following his orders when I should have followed my own body. Hard to do that in such a situation, so best to call for knowledgeable support. Long story short: Don't let him push you into pushing as hard as you can/ pushing out the biggest turd or whatever he'll tell you. Here are some pointers what else to do instead of getting fixated on potentially rather harmful pushing, first and foremost: relax. https://herasphere.net/pelvicfloor/need-strong-abdominal-muscles-birth/ Hopefully, this will be helpful to someone.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Hello dr.kinny l am MRIM ASHKORFO from Libya ...are you remember me in year 2010. I was your patine ... بالعربية لقد كنت افضل دكتور تعاملت معه طوال فترة حملى بولدى عيسى الذى يبلغ اﻻن من العمر ثمانى سنوات شكر جزيﻻ لحضرتكم

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Stay away from Dr. Gary Kinney....I would give no star if I can.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Irresponsible, reckless, gross negligence. Mismanaged the birth of my grandson along with dr Vera Frinton, the obst. in charge. The College ruled that we received excellent care.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

In 1994 he delivered my grandson via c/s Birth traumas with huge head hematoma and others significant complications were present, which he omitted to report and thus prevented a proper medical further examination as well as truthful evaluation by the College. I have not chosen him , it was that the original obstetrician, dr. Vera Frinton neglected to do c/s in time in the first place. The College, including the present Registrar wrote and said that no significant complications were present. He also was untruthful about the significant post c/s fever which was due to maternal sepsis and a s a result the mother and the child were not protected. The review by the College stated, that both the baby and the mother received e x c e l l e n t care ! Very uncanadian, to say the least.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I really love this doctor, he's very kind, attentive, respectful. He always explains everything to me, and he doesn't rush the appointment like others doctors but instead he pays attention to everything you say. For me he's is the best.

Submitted December 18, 2015

dr. kinney is the worst gynecologist i have ever seen.... doesn't have any valid reasons for things and doesn't answer what a patient wants to know.

Submitted November 20, 2015

The funniest most knowledgable ob/gyn in Van hands down.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Dr. Kinney was so great! He is helpful, honest and showed compassion for my situation. He was very professional and my surgery went exactly as he had promised. He has helped me so much and I could not be happier with my results. I felt it was necessary to let anyone that comes here know that he is a wonderful doctor and I would absolutely go back if I needed anything gynecologist related.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015