Ratings for Dr. Hooman Agha

Had my monthlyly check up today and just had to share about it. As always when I came in I was welcomed with a smile and the common courtesy that is hard to find these days. Didn't have to wait long, I was escorted to vitals and my room. The nurse was polite and warm. She then told me that Dr. Agha will be in soon. I didn't have to wait long at all, and in walks the doc. He's smiling and asking me how I was doing. As our conversation continued on I realized I don't remember the last time that any other doctor was so concerned, understanding, respectful and genuine. Then it came to me, that's because there never has been. With all these pop up, overrated, over priced, huge medical practices something has been lost.....humanity. The "cattle call" doctors offices that I have been to never genuinely cared how I really was let alone treated me like an actual human being. Doctor offices like Dr. Aghas are a dying breed, where your treated like a person and not a number. I saw a post stating that they felt as though there was some sort of discrimination against Medicaid patients. I most definitely disagree. I AM one of those patents and have NEVER been treated like I was less than let alone discriminated against. Matter of a fact they go out of their way to help me because I can not afford certain medications. Personally, I would like yo thank Dr. Agha and his staff for keeping hope alive. All humanity is not lost, there truly are people out here still with a heart and really do care. If you want to be hurried in and pushed out, don't go there. Although, if you want a doctor that will listen to you, that really does care and has an outstanding staff, make an appointment (just don't take mine). In closing, I have never felt so moved to post anything online about a doctor until now, so therefore that must tell you something. Thanx Doc and Staff you truly are the best!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

suspect his office has a discrimination on medicaid patient. My poor dad never got quick response from them. Took them 2 weeks to fax the prescription refill. my dad was out of medicines to take for a while. He missed his dental app because they never fax over his medical record after we requested for couple of weeks. Change Agha to someone else now. Enough is enough.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

He is a VERY Compassionate Internist! He knows his Medicine, and Always seems to be taking new courses to keep up with the latest technology. Robin who seems to the Office Manager on top of the Secretary and everything else under the sun, is Friendly but seems a bit overly stressed at times or overwhelmed...The Nurse that takes you back to the room is very kind an sweet as well but Not very knowledgeable, and until she get's to know you is a bit stand offish. Trying to get an appointment can be difficult at times and yet other times not at all however I guess this is everywhere an anywhere these days !! Dr. Agha is a GREAT Doctor, He cares about his Patients and if he don't know something he is not Cocky and or arrogant he will omit to not knowing and attempt to get to the bottom of the aliment, He will listen to you and order the tests that are needed send you to specialist or other Doc when & If necessary !! He is a RARE Doctor to find !!! I would Definitely recommend him!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Very knowledgeable, listens to patients complaints and offers new treatments and medications.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Agha is a Very Knowledgeable, Caring, Compassionate physician. Both of my parents, as well as my three brothers… all are patients of his. He will be my choice hands down when… and if I need professional medical services.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

Very caring, takes the time to listen never rushes his patients, visits every day if your in the hospital, sometimes twice. He does admit if he doesn't know something, but he will find out quickly for you.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2007

Dr. Hooman Agha's Credentials

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1999)