Ratings for Dr. Ann Spence

Just a wonderful Doctor. Dr. Spence was my doctor for many year, not a complaint.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Someone else in these reviews nailed it. Unless you know what's wrong with you, what prescriptions you need, or referrals to get, she's useless. She has been my doctor for more than 26 years and has not helped me understand my condition whatsoever. She is highly unavailable. she seems to have no compassion for her patients or any level of concern when presented with legitimate issues. I needed a referral once and waited and waited for it to come. Several weeks went by and nothing. I called her office, only to speak with her crusty and also useless receptionist, just to be told I would get it soon. Again, weeks of nothing in the mail. I called again in a state of complete frustration and what do you know, my referral came a week later. When I opened the letter of referral, I saw that it had only been faxed to the other doctor the same day I called back to complain about the delay. Long story short, Ann will just dismiss your troubles and ailments and make you feel like a hypochondriac and that your issues don't exist. Don't see her and expect relief.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

I have been with Dr. Spence for 25 years. If you don't already know what's wrong with you; what tests you need done, what prescriptions you require, and what specialist you should be referred to, you may as well stay home and not waste your time. Her staff is beyond rude. Some of the poorest front desk hospitality I've ever experienced. I've also had to cry on the phone multiple times just to get in for an appointment when experiencing major symptoms. Poor service, poor knowledge, poor bedside manner - from her and her staff.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

When dealing with Dr. Spence's office, you first of all have to listen to a long message before you even get to the receptionist. But you also have to try to take notes of the times the office is open. Recently I was told she is retiring and therefore isn't in very much. I was told by her staff to call back in a month to make an appointment but take note they are booking her appointments out 4 months. I asked what I was to do now with my health issues since I needed to see her and, as previously noted by someone else, the receptionist tried to triage my symptoms. I called a walk-in clinic where I was able to make an appointment and get looked at within a couple days. Several months ago Dr. Spence diagnosed me and said it's "ok and to watch what I eat and then later she might send me for tests". The walk-in clinic doctor said my condition can't be diagnosed without tests. I was almost in tears. I am very disappointed. SHE NEEDS TO RETIRE NOW instead of treating her patients this way. I asked the receptionist what will happen to her patients when she retires. She didn't know but "Dr Spence would work on it over the next few weeks". Really!! I am only staying with her because, good luck to me in finding a new doctor who is taking new patients.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I was cut off a med I needed without explanation. Im out of the med and She and her rude staff is making me wait a week until I see the Queen. I could have a seizure without the med orginally presrcibed by a specailist. This doctor has lost all crediabilty and needs to retire. My pharmacist was extremly concerned they faxed the Queen 3x to express concern yet no help from the queen. A god like complex.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Nice as pie - until 20 years later and you find out she has misdiagnosed you for years. Told her I had a lump in my breast when I was 16 - she told me I was too young for cancer? Umm didn't realize cancer had age requirements. I told her gall stones were hereditary in my family - she told me no gallstone without tests - I had a giant one and had my gallbladder out 3 years ago. Went to hear with back pain - Told me I had scoliosis without tests - and I don't . And now 20 years have gone of me believing that and now I'm dealing with neurological symptoms of who knows what, symptoms of back pain have no worsened. She didn't do a anything to test me for anything the whole time I was a patient with her. For the pain with my supposed fake gallstone I had - told me oh just take more advil. I ended up being off work, keeled over in pain everyday and couldn't sleep eat or walk! And now I have a 3 year old and I am awaiting results of what it may be now that causes the back pain amongst other symptoms that she claimed was scoliosis while worry it could be the worst and explaining it to my son. I am so upset over ever having seen her as a patient!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

30 yrs I've been a patient, she's awesome! I always feel heard, comfortable to ask anything, staff always sweet and understanding. I can't say enough good things, honestly. Feel very lucky to have an awesome Dr / team!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Spence has been my doctor for close to 15 years, and I have nothing but great things to say about her. Anytime I have needed anything she is there to talk and help. I will be sorry when the day comes that she will retire. I trust her with all my health concerns and I feel it will be hard to build that kind of relationship with someone new.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Anne spence is a disgrace dr. Anne spence is a horrible doctor and I have ms and she said that the ms would get worse when I've prevusly been told that it would not get worse

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I beleive Dr Spence is very Fair at what she does. She has helped me many times exspecially with my son. whenever his daycare sent him home early for stupid reasons and wouldnt let him come back unless he had a dr's note the staff as well as Dr spence was very understanding and got him in in a reasonable amount of time. She has helped me in many ways she always ask me how I'm doing and helps me problem solve not only with health issues but also personal issues as well. I believe Dr Spence is a great Dr my Son Loves her as well even though she has to give him needles he still says "when are we going to see the nice Doctor mommy?" he will even fake a cough just so he try and convince me he needs to see her lol. She is very professional and has good ethics

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012