Ratings for Dr. Rod Kaasa

Pragmatic, bluntly honest, valuable service. Wouldn't go anywhere else if I have any say about it. Have had a chronic, potentially fatal, condition for 30 years. Am in excellent health and have no complications in part because of his attitude, knowledge and coaching.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

I'm too lazy to type my own assessment, so I'm copying another's (below) that is exactly how I feel about Dr K. He's a great doc. Doc Rod is an awesome doc! Respectful, listens, tells you bluntly but respectfully his assessment, doesn't over-prescribe drugs, refers to other docs when he needs specialized input, .... because of his experience and knowledge, he is a favourite for students, so he often has interns and residents. In my experience, he always follows up and reviews the interns/residents assessment. And in my experience interns tend to be much more detailed (since they are still learning). You know you have a good doc when there are good interns and residents around! I've known him as my doc for 20+ years .... wouldn't leave him!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Guess what doc? Down 15mg on the painkillers thanks to the medical cannabis. Made my own referral to a psychiatrist, since you passed the buck... also got that pain checked out... turns out it was an ulcer, hmm fancy that. Wasn't the pain killers you were judging me for using even though you prescribed me.... don't worry though, Doc, It's fixed now. Oh, and now me and my doctor are now helping me reduce the sleeping pills and valium as I am doing what I said I would do in terms of following through with physio, continuing my healthy lifestyle including yoga and increasing my exercise. Do you remember when we met and I told you that all I needed was a coach that will work with me at my own pace to get my illnesses under control while at the same time reducing my need to rely on medication? Do you remember that? Then our next meeting you called me an addict for taking medication that you prescribed me. You treated me like subhuman trash. I owe none of my success to you aside from being more selective about the doctors who I trust my health and well being. So that's my check up, Doc. The results are in and they are good but they also show that you failed me as a doctor. I hope you treat people better and with more respect. Or get a new job at the registry where they allow your kind of sunny disposition.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone with a chronic pain condition. The first time I saw him he switched me over from short acting narcotics to long acting ones at my request. The second time I see him he calls me an addict because I am taking the medication he prescribed as well as the other medications my previous doctor put me on valium, Zopiclone, and pristiq. He takes no time to listen. He constantly interrupted me. He is attributing the pain I feel in my stomach to my narcotics but I have been on them for three years without any issues except when I have ulcers. He wouldn't send me for a scope because according to him it's the opiates. I work in the Healthcare field and know what patients care is supposed to look like... that wasn't it.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Have been a patient for 27 years. Pragmatic, yet knows when to take action. Excellent.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

i have been a patient for 28 years. I would not change...

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr Kaasa is a good doctor. But I really don't like seeing the student doctors ALL THE TIME NOW. He never seems to be around anymore to see his patients :(

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

Dr. Kassa has been our family doctor for 25 years but for the last year he has been passing us off to interns who lack his knowledge, compassion or interest in our welfare. It is like going to a corner clinic. Very disapointing.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Kassa has been our family Dr. for 14 yrs. He has always been bang on with diagnosis and has willingly passed us on to specialists.We have usually had luck getting an appointment within a week but sometimes sees his resident instead of him unfortunately.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

Dr. Rod Kaasa's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.