Ratings for Dr. Rod Kaasa

Doc Rod is an awesome doc! Respectful, listens, tells you bluntly but respectfully his assessment, doesn't over-prescribe drugs, refers to other docs when he needs specialized input, .... because of his experience and knowledge, he is a favourite for students, so he often has interns and residents. In my experience, he always follows up and reviews the interns/residents assessment. And in my experience interns tend to be much more detailed (since they are still learning). You know you have a good doc when there are good interns and residents around! I've known him as my doc for 20+ years .... wouldn't leave him!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Guess what doc? Down 15mg on the painkillers thanks to the medical cannabis. Made my own referral to a psychiatrist, since you passed the buck... also got that pain checked out... turns out it was an ulcer, hmm fancy that. Wasn't the pain killers you were judging me for using even though you prescribed me.... don't worry though, Doc, It's fixed now. Oh, and now me and my doctor are now helping me reduce the sleeping pills and valium as I am doing what I said I would do in terms of following through with physio, continuing my healthy lifestyle including yoga and increasing my exercise. Do you remember when we met and I told you that all I needed was a coach that will work with me at my own pace to get my illnesses under control while at the same time reducing my need to rely on medication? Do you remember that? Then our next meeting you called me an addict for taking medication that you prescribed me. You treated me like subhuman trash. I owe none of my success to you aside from being more selective about the doctors who I trust my health and well being. So that's my check up, Doc. The results are in and they are good but they also show that you failed me as a doctor. I hope you treat people better and with more respect. Or get a new job at the registry where they allow your kind of sunny disposition.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone with a chronic pain condition. The first time I saw him he switched me over from short acting narcotics to long acting ones at my request. The second time I see him he calls me an addict because I am taking the medication he prescribed as well as the other medications my previous doctor put me on valium, Zopiclone, and pristiq. He takes no time to listen. He constantly interrupted me. He is attributing the pain I feel in my stomach to my narcotics but I have been on them for three years without any issues except when I have ulcers. He wouldn't send me for a scope because according to him it's the opiates. I work in the Healthcare field and know what patients care is supposed to look like... that wasn't it.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Have been a patient for 27 years. Pragmatic, yet knows when to take action. Excellent.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

i have been a patient for 28 years. I would not change...

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr Kaasa is a good doctor. But I really don't like seeing the student doctors ALL THE TIME NOW. He never seems to be around anymore to see his patients :(

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

Dr. Kassa has been our family doctor for 25 years but for the last year he has been passing us off to interns who lack his knowledge, compassion or interest in our welfare. It is like going to a corner clinic. Very disapointing.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Kassa has been our family Dr. for 14 yrs. He has always been bang on with diagnosis and has willingly passed us on to specialists.We have usually had luck getting an appointment within a week but sometimes sees his resident instead of him unfortunately.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Kaasa for 30 years. He is a very knowledgable, skilled physician and is also highly respected by his peers. His diagnosis has been pretty well on the mark, even when compared to specialists he has referred me to. Of late, he has often handed off more of his patient consultation time to visiting resident doctors, which results in not being able to see and discuss personal medical issues with him directly. Overall, a physician you can trust and who knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Fantastic Doctor, always takes the time to listen to my problem and work with me on an appropriate action. 16 years i've been seeing him now, many major injuries in that time and each one has been addressed promplty and professionally with excellent follow up.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009