Ratings for Dr. Jacek Steplewski

As a new Saskatchewan resident it has taken some time to qualify to be seen by a Saskatchewan doctor. I was very much looking forward to seeing Dr. Steplewski, so that some urgent concerns could be addressed. I waited 45 minutes past the appointment time, and he spent the next 5-10 minutes telling me irrelevant details about his life and practice, barely making eye contact. He constantly interrupted me when I tried to explain what I needed. As my primary need was for referrals for services such as a mammogram and ultrasound (already provided by my previous doctor but not valid here), I came prepared with my full medical file. A 60-second look would have confirmed appropriateness for the referrals, or at least a referral to a gynecologist. Dr. Steplewski refused, stating I would need to get full bloodwork done (I also had those recent results in my file). I also asked to have my arm looked at for a referral and he said the blood tests would see if there was a problem with it (even though I had a recent MRI result on my file)! He advised me he had no time to look at my file and that I would need to get bloodwork done before coming back so he could truly 'get to know' me. I found the entire experience so disappointing. I went to a walk-in clinic instead and got the referrals right away. I am pleased to hear some families are happy with him, but in my opinion - while blunt is OK, rude is not. And the obvious need for billable hours was such a turn-off.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

He is very good and will find answers not just prescribe drugs. He truly cares about each and every individual and you can ask & get answers to questions . If he is unsure he will refer you to a specialist . He may be blunt but I would rather have that and the truth than have someone phony . He's good at reading people and has a great sense of humor . I have had him for years and glad for it these past couple of years due to heavy duty surgeries and health issues over and above my chronic depression and anxiety . Good man,

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

He’s great if he knows how to help you. If he doesn’t, he’s rude and will do anything to get rid of you.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

This doctor is all about billable hours. Maybe schedule a little longer with your patients so that you can LISTEN TO THEIR concerns and make the best diagnosis. "Come back in a month" does not make sense when we are here now. Maybe get some more office furniture also so that your customers don't have to sit on the floor. Would not touch him again with a ten foot pole.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I also can't believe these negative comments about doctor Steplewski. He has been our family physician since we came from Edmonton years ago. Myself, my husband, our children, my sister’s family, my mom have been his patients for years. Our kids adore him and love to see him. We extremely appreciate everything he has done for our family. He is very friendly, patient, caring, thorough, knowledgeable, and very professional. Doctor Steplewski is the best doctor we’ve ever had in years!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

Steplewski is my first choice for a family doctor; my doctor. I have been to Kentucky of doctors in the past two years searching for someone who cares, and he is a perfect match. He takes time to explain and ensures you know what is going on. Each time i’ve Been there it has taken quite a while which is disappointing.. but maybe they can work on that?

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Excellent Dr. wonderful personality will make him my family Dr. Gave great advise and also options for treatment.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I am familiar with many physicians and Dr. Steplewski is a good one. He is thorough, knowledgeable and to the point, what you want from a person of medicine. I can see how people might find his "Let's get down to business" attitude, abrupt and rude, but that is not the case.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

His knowledge base is extensive and his advice not limited to big-pharma literature. His approach is both professional and no-nonsense.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Don't think you can find a better doctor he knows what he is talking about and gets right to the point doesn't beat around the bush

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017