Ratings for Dr. Wayne Perron

Facial surgery changed my life so much so that I would now recommend it for most people who feel dragged down and tired looking. You will likely not look like a teenager again but your friends will notice enough change that you shouldn’t be surprised by never ending compliments! If you live alone, Dr. Perron’s office also recommends a place where people can stay for a couple of days after the surgery (at extra cost of course) to ensure that someone will keep an eye on you. You can then be picked up right after surgery, taken to a recovery site, and dropped off again in the next day or two. No need to worry about feeling embarrassed to ride in a cab or in a friend’s car looking like a mummy! Some of Dr. Perron’s staff had been through the same type of surgery which made me feel they “would understand”. If you have “never” had plastic surgery before, chances are you may suffer from high anxiety not fully understanding that your face will look odd for a few weeks while it’s adjusting. You may possibly also fear that you will have patches of bald spots in your hair or that undetected staples will remain in your head forever or cause massive scarring, so staff reassurance was greatly appreciated. When I first saw Dr. Perron’s office and the pictures on the walls and magazines he subscribed to, I noticed he was not only interested in surgery but also had a number of artistic interests. That also gave me comfort in recognizing what a great surgeon he would turn out to be. Since I had little artistic flair myself, I simply let “him” decide what facial features to adjust and was delighted with his conservative yet artistic flair. The worst thing about plastic surgery is that it can become addictive. Once you realize what it can do both for your spirits and looks, it’s hard to NOT want to continue with “upkeep” as the months go by. It seems similar to house renovations in that you can wait for years and do nothing until you are overwhelmed with repair, or you can renovate as you go along, experiencing less trauma to your body and wallet on each of the smaller occasions. Furthermore, I believe this surgery promotes better health overall because once you feel good about your face it doesn’t take a lot of encouragement to want to do the same for the rest of your body. That’s one aspect of plastic surgery I feel has been extremely under expressed in medicine. Another thing I liked about Dr. Perron was that he seems a bit fashioned -- not too little and not too much, so I knew he wouldn’t go overboard in the surgery. He and his staff also tend to push a healthy lifestyle for problems they feel could be better cured in ways other than surgery, so if you think you can walk in to get 50 pounds sucked out of your hips instead of going on a diet first, you might have better luck visiting a butcher. Be careful when choosing a plastic surgeon. All surgery is dangerous and things can go wrong with even the best so at least try to ensure any plastic surgeon you go to is not only board certified but also has a lot of experience. Before reading about this I wasn’t aware myself that nearly anyone can call himself a plastic surgeon even without such credentials. I have great respect for Dr. Perron and his staff. They know what they’re doing, they are good at it, and on top of all of that also treat patients with great respect. I also love the fact that Dr. Perron is blunt and honest and will tell you exactly what he thinks, and also in a professional way.

Submitted March 21, 2017

I have been going to Wayne Perron since the 1980's. First time I met him I was very impressed with his credentials. Not only is he a top plastic surgeon , he has a degree in music also and is an accomplished pianist. I knew then, this man has good hands. I underwent a procedure to have what is called a horse collar with so much fat on my neck, I didn't have a noticeable jawline. Wayne noticed some cigarette shaped fat beside my nose and in some chipmunk like pockets below my lower lip on each side. He told me because I hadn't noticed that, he would remove those at his expense. I felt like a knew person. Wayne was featured in an article in the Calgary Sun about some of his procedures, the before and afters. Mine was so outstanding, I was in that article. He even did stitch removals for me for other unrelated accidents I got into, as I didn't want to go to anyone else. He is the most down to earth doctor I have ever met, not arrogant in the least, very personable with a very quick wit and just downright friendly and a warm individual. His office staff mirrors his ethics and personable handling of me and everyone else I have spoken to who goes to him. I went to Wayne about 14 years ago for a mysterious lump under my arm and lo and behold, he diagnosed my cancer. He did not give me the results until after Christmas, as he didn't want to spoil my Christmas, that is how thoughtful and caring he is. The bottom line and to simplify the end result of that is, I had a lymphectomy, a breast removal and Wayne has followed with me and supported me ever since, removing 44 more lumps in the past 14 years from under my arm. My oncologist said this is not unusual for this type of cancer. Wayne has literally kept me alive, so why would anyone not choose him for their plastic surgery? Going to Wayne's office is always enjoyable and they all make me feel like family. I am alive because of Wayne and his staff. He also did a procedure for my son when my son was 16 years old and that is a difficult teen age, but my son was very impressed with what he did for him also. When I read other ratings that are unsavoury, I can't help feeling these comments have to be about another doctor, as Wayne is nothing like what they are stating. Wayne is professional first and foremost, but he is human also and that side of him shows through constantly. I am still working in a public relations type of forum and I believe the way you come at people is how it is returned in kind. Treat people with respect and generally they will treat you the same way. That is the way I have been treated by Wayne and his office staff and we have some fun along the way. I would recommend this doctor to everyone who is seeking help. In fact, I have sent some of my friends to him and their satisfaction is similar to mine.

Submitted March 30, 2017

I just had my final touch up completed for gynocomastia and cannot praise Dr Perron and his staff enough. I said some things in a previous review that I now wish I could take back. Brenda was very punctual and professional with booking me in. Carol was extremely helpful knowledgeable with everything and cant thank her enough. Dr Perron is a brilliant kind man and as far as I am concerned the best surgeon out there. I would highly recommend Dr Perron to anyone . Thank you Dr Perron.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was considering have some cosmetic surgery done and decided to talk to some friends about it. The most common recommendation was that I should see Dr. Perron. I reviewed the comments listed here on this website and frankly was afraid to go for my appointment. I went anyway and was I glad I did! The office staff make you comfortable and the consultation with Dr. Perron was great. I am not sure what these other patient were expecting. He discussed my issues with complete confidence and was able to recommend a solution that I was happy with. I went on to have my rhinoplasty and I am completely happy with the result. My nose is just what I was hoping for. Six months out I am still reading those complaints from those dissatisfied patients and wonder if they went to the same office or were just annoyed at minor issues. Thanks Team Perron!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

On January 11, 2017 forehead lift. My experience from the first phone call to set up a consultation, thru to the surgery and results has far exceeded my expectations. Brenda at the front reception was always so pleasant, patient and kind. Lana who I met with to go over the pre/post surgery details and to answer questions was so detailed and informative. Dr. Perron himself was fantastic with my consultation, he did not rush at all and his experience was evident during our meeting. I initially went in to enquire about an upper eyelid lift which thanks to Dr.Perron showing me was not why my upper eyelids were getting a bit saggy/ wrinkled. My eyebrows had started to drop down with age and that was what was causing the issue that I wanted corrected. He showed me in the mirror that by raising my brow it would fix this issue and at the same time get rid of my forehead wrinkles. He was 100% correct and my outcome has been stunning. The morning of my surgery Carol was my nurse who prepared me for the surgery and she was amazing and puts you at ease! I now look a decade younger and couldn't be more happy. In fact my outcome was so fabulous that my identical twin sister booked in for the same surgery and had this completed 5 days ago. She is someone who would never spend money on Botox or any other cosmetic proceedure so the fact that she was so impressed she went ahead with the surgery says it all. I do not have that crazy surprised look, my brows look perfect and my eyelids are smooth! I would recommend Dr. Perron and his staff to anyone considering plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Wayne Perron

Dr. Wayne Perron's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you're surgery and results exceeded your expectations.

Submitted March 22, 2017

Excellent doctor, very personable, very happy with my breast implants since 1989. Way to go Dr. Perron. Very impressed.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Sorry, Dr. Perron.....but it's probably time to retire. It appears that you flounder extensively without your capable nurse. I had a face life and upper and lower eyes. I need to see another surgeon to correct the mess Dr Perron made of my eyes. Unfortunately he is just not present when you are there for an appointment, he appears scattered and unfocused, not knowing a lot of what is going on. There are many options out there now, choose someone else.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Wonderful experience with Dr. Perron and his staff. If the first outcome isn't perfect - he works with you to achieve your goal.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I had saline breast implants done by Wayne perron. He did not show me the options as far as shape. I was to naive to know that I had options as far as shape of my post augmentation breasts. I had sen photos of breast implants and I wanted perky B's with a tear drop appearance. I got size C bowling balls with my nipples practically underneath my breasts. From day 1 I was very dissatisfied with the ugly appearance of my implants. I found the post op care to be atrocious. There was a nurse, i think her name was linda and she was a cruel witch. . She tried to get me out of there as quickly as possible. I passed out during her first attempt to get me into a wheel chair and get me out the door. This linda nurse gave me a few more minutes then zoomed me off to my ride home. She actually told me not to be such a wimp. Total nightmare of a person. The post op pain management was a few tylenol with codeine and needless to say the pain was excruciating. The pain was so bad I could not consider having Wayne repair the botched breast implants and I have lived with the ugly result ever since. Horrid staff, arrogant man, a very poor experience overall. Avoid this guy at all costs!

Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Wayne Perron

Dr. Wayne Perron's response
This review brings up a few important points. I no longer use Saline implants and haven't for over 10 years. For specific reasons I now use Cohesive gel implants. All patients enquiring about breast augmentation have an information session with our preoperative nurse educator who discusses the type of implant, size of implant and sub-muscular placement of the implant. The size of the implant is always dependant on each persons breast base width and what cup size and shape she would like to achieve. The patient takes all the information with her. If she decides to proceed , the patient , and nurse educator and Dr.Perron have a pre-surgical implant fitting session. At this meeting we all agree on an acceptable implant type, size and shape and the pre-existing limitations that each individuals breasts may present. The patient is welcome to come in prior to the surgery date if she would like to try sizes on again. Without seeing the patient, she could have a capsular contracture. This is shrinking of the scar tissue around the implant. This action will push the implant higher in the chest , it becomes firmer and nipple points downward. Capsular contracture is a known risk of having breast implants and occurs in 5-7% of patients. It is a fixable issue and can be corrected especially if there is discomfort or deformity of the breast. If you are having problems with your breast augmentation , we would be happy to assess you and deal with your concerns.

Submitted April 5, 2017

Not happy at all with a rhinoplast and revision rhinoplasty he did to me. My nose is crooked and tip is totally off Center, my nose looks worse than before, and his excuse was "cartilage has a mind of its own". He even got mad at me when I told him I wasn't happy with my nose, like I was burdening him somehow. If he can't fix it then he should just tell you or refer you to someone who can. Now I have to pay extra to go to someone who can fix this double botched job.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Wayne Perron's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients