Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Sherwin

Very pleased with Dr. Sherwin. sorry she retired. Usually very prompt and good with kids,

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

We met Dr. Sherwin when we brought our (then 3yr old) daughter into the ER on a long weekend as she seemed very tired/lethargic & just not her usual self. She was triaged as a non emergency & sent to the clinic, as it didn't seem serious. Thanks to Dr. Sherwin's attention to detail & thoroughness, she decided to run a few tests. We were told that our little girl had a form of high risk leukemia & that we needed to get to London that night. We talked to a lot of parents whose children had the exact same symptoms, however they weren't diagnosed until their second or third visit. Even our paediatric oncologist was impressed that Dr Sherwin was able diagnose it so early & indicated that because her immune system was so weak, things could've been much worse if she hadn't been diagnosed then. She was very good with us & even called us a week later just to see how our daughter was doing. We could never thank Dr. Sherwin or praise her enough. Her patients are extremely fortunate to have her!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

I think Dr. Sherwin is great. She understands me and my family. She is not quick to just hand out an Rx - which is good! She is very good about follow up and makes the calls to my home personally after all tests (both good and bad results). She is great and I feel lucky to have her. I do remeber when she first became my Dr. Feeling like she was arrogant and intimidating but honestly nothing could be futher from from the truth she is a really caring Dr. Now her office staff could use a bit more happy thoughts!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

She is usually on time. She has been my doctor for 10 years, and if I could get another doctor I would. She is arrogant, does not like to explain herself, and has made poor recommendations on more than one occasion. For example, I had an ear infection that would not go away, I waited 6 months to see a specialist, only to be told that ear drops would have cleared it up in the first place. The specialist was visibly surprised that the doctor had prescribed the wrong medication for that type of infection. I have talked to many of her patients, many of the people I talk to have similar feelings.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

I have had doctor Sherwin for a few years now. I afind that she arrogant and tends to make conclusions before having all the facts. When you ask her to explain something in more detail you are looked upon and made to feel like you are bothering her and taking up her time. I do not reccomend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr.Sherwin is always on time; very potite; listens to your concerns. She has an excellent bed-side manner. I do wish however, she would offer more preventative screening, esp for those with histories of cancer etc.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Great doctor. Of course she is in a rush, Blenheim is strapped for doctors, but I don't feel she has ever rushed through my appointments. I think she is great, not intimidating, and very easy to talk to, I've had a number of conversations with her while being treated. She's great.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Our community is lucky to have someone as professional and caring as Dr. Sherwin. She is very thorough and always checks up on her paperwork when it comes in from referral doctors.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2007

She is a wonderful doctor. I find she listens and does her best to explain what is wrong. She has been a godsend with my children's medical problems. Don't know what I would do without her. She makes house calls if needed and calls to make sure any other appt's have gone well. she is very caring and compasionte and is almost always on time. For the most part the staff in the office is friendly but seem to be quite overworked at times. I've been in this town my whole life and at that office just as long. We are very fortunate to have a doctor and even more so because of the doctor we have.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

She may run on time however I would rather wait for another. She has a hard time grasping what is being told to her about issues, had to explain things to many times, and not sure if she ever got what the problem really was. She seems to be somewhat knowledgeable however if she doesn't listen what does it matter. If she maybe didn't rush she would have understood more. If her score is high due to being on time, I would wait like I said.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007