Ratings for Dr. Leland Robert McElmurry

My mother has him as a doctor. He spent about 5 minutes with us on our last visit. He did not address any of our concerns we expressed to the nurse during the visit. He left the room abruptly and then got his coat on and left the office after 5 minutes without warning. He was very rude to me in the visit. He also was touching my mother like he was being friendly and then it bordered on really strange. He just sat there touching her not for clinical reasons and telling jokes. I was shocked and will report this to the proper authorities. She has been a patient for many years and so she trusts him. Needless to say, I am looking for a different doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I have a family of 3, we all see this Dr. He has referred us to specialist as needed. He is very knowledgeable and proficient. One of the specialist I see, said Dr Mcelmurry did all the necessary testing and legwork so that it made it easier for the specialisn't to treat me. His office staff is loving and kind. Dr Mcelmurry is one of the best!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I have been seeing Dr McElmurry for 30 years. He has referred me to others specialist when needed but ultimately when it comes down to it and the specialist can't help, Dr M steps in to lend a hand. Many times I have avoided the ER for severe dehydration because Dr M works with his patients and does what's best for his patients. I am very grateful he has stuck by side through my illness. He is an excellent Dr who truly cares about his patients. His office staff is very committed, they have gone above and beyond several times to make sure things go smoothly. Very appreciative for this Dr and his staff

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. McElmurry's for over 30 years. He is very knowledgeable and will diligently work to find the solution to your health problem. If he is unable he will not hesitate to refer to a specialist. He diagnosed my husband's diabetes and keeps vigilant care of him. He has seen me through many health issues . He listens to what you say and takes time with you. We are very confident and satisfied totally with Dr. His staff is very helpful and treat us like family.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

My Mom was sick for years while seeing Dr. M. He kept saying she was having panic attacks, migraines and other illnesses. She asked to see a neurologist and he wouldn't refer her to one. Turns out she had been having mini strokes. She finally went to a new doctor, they sent her to a neurologist who did an MRI and found evidence of the strokes. He is also very right wing politically. If he finds out you're a democrat, he yells at you and talks down to you like you're stupid.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Very thankful for this Dr. And his staff. They have heart and will not turn their back when times are tough. They are real!! Nothing is easy...including the truth at times.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I know someone that has been going there for years and took me their a couple of time over 20 years ago as a kid and he tried to put me on antibiotics for 2 years for a sore throat and 1 yr for a uti and this person I know still goes there and thinks he is a god sent but in reality he is just killing him slowly him he is rude and incompetent and wish his licence was revoked

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

He didn't catch my dads cancer in time. Kept telling him he was ok!! He wasn't, he died. Had he caught the cancer sooner he might still be alive!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Dr. McElmurry is all about the patient's care. He takes time with his patients and makes sure they get the help and time to discuss illnesses and the correct diagnosis. If he has any doubts, he will research the problem until he finds the correct solution. His staff treats you like family and they make you feel welcomed.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2011

our family of four sees Dr. M. He'll refer to spec if you ask. The office is like family to us -- very caring. yes, it's a bit quirky there but where else can you visit the doc, purchase a side of beef and flower arrangement all at the same time?

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

Dr. Leland Robert McElmurry's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)