Ratings for Dr. Viswanath K. Ashok

Dr Ashok is a very kind and compassionate Surgeon. He has operated on me twice over the past 15 years and has always made me feel comfortable. I would highly recommend to anyone. Nice guy!!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Very nice and competent.Very nice and competent. Very nice and competent.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I have never written an on-line complaint about a Dr before, but certainly feel the need to now. Dr Ashok was the ER doc on call when I needed my gallbladder out. So I was forced to have him for teh procdure. I experienced many complications after the surgery and was in the ER and needed a subsequent procedure to finish the job. I sent a letter in Feb stating I woudl not pay the co-pay as he was not around for folow up and I had to pay an additonal 1500 in bills for the second procedure. He never addressed me or the letter or even sent a second letter but had the audacity to send a collection agency after me. Wouldn't recommend him to remove a hangnail

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

what he told us and what he did was different when i asked him he simply avoids my ? .And i am amaze to read that he calls you after surgery really NOPE NADA not true.I guess we need to be very rude i guess .Surgery he performed seems we have to go back again with no explanation and when i asked why he didn't remove that part he goes maybe next time helloooo .Would not advice .

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

He saved my life in 2007. Several other MD's wanted to operate right away, he advised waiting until I improved. I followed his recommendation and have recovered fully. In addition, recently my son was diagnosed with appendicitis. I called Dr Ashok who went came the ER to check on him. Again, others were pushing surgery, he recommended against it and was correct. Very helpful, always calls back, also was helpful in dealing with insurance co. issues

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

NICE GUY. VERY HELPFUL AND PROFESSIONAL HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. CALLED ME AFTER SURGERY TO MAKE SURE I WAS OK ETC

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

This doctor did surgery on me amny years ago in his office. I complained that I felt everything even though I was given a heavy dose of local anesthesia. He continued to do his work and although the results were what we hoped for, the pain during the procedure was unbearable.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2006

Dr. Viswanath K. Ashok's Credentials

• Madras Med College (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Freehold, NJ