Ratings for Dr. Janice Rafferty

Dr. Rafferty is the only colorectal surgeon I will use. She’s no nonsense, sympathetic, and extremely qualified. I feel very comfortable in her care!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

WORST doctor's appointment I have ever been to. She was VERY rude, didn't listen to anything I had to say. Had a chip on her shoulder - blew in and blew out of the appointment. Would NOT recommend!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr. Rafferty saved my life. I was diagnosed with colon cancer after a colonoscopy at 45 in NKY. I was referred to a general surgeon to remove the tumor. The CT scan seemed to show that the tumor was contained. It was strongly recommended that I go to Dr Rafferty. MRI showed the tumor had escaped the colon wall and had spread to lymph nodes. My course of care changed to chemo/radiation, colon resection, and chemo follow up. I'm a little over 2 years post surgery and still clear! I am convinced if the general surgeon had cut on me, he would have released the cancer throughout my body and I may not be here today! Every day is precious and I consider Dr. Rafferty my angel!!! She was very informative from the beginning. She explained the severity of the situation, the different courses of action, what we needed to do to give me the most positive chance of success! This doctor is amazing! I can't say enough good things about her. I wish I lived near her so I could drop cookies and dinner off to her weekly!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Rafferty was wonderful. She removed my cancer, made me feel comfortable before surgery. She explained evertything to me and I knew exactly what to expect. He staff is great. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen at her office. Very satisfied!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

Im 21 years old and found out that I have cancer. I was sent to Dr. Rafferty I was so scared but after leaving her office I was convinced that I was in good hands and had nothing to worry about. She is very caring and really knows her stuff. SHe scheduled me for surgery about a week later and got all the cancer out. She also took 42 lymph nodes out to check them they all came back cancer free. She is a great doctor she made me feel a lot better about everything and now she is going to keep a close eye on me to make sure it doesnt come back.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Dr. Rafferty changed my life an did what 2 other surgeons could not. A great surgeon and a classy lady withwonderful bedside manners.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

THIS DOCTOR HAS BAD BEDSIDE MANNER, SHE HAS LITTLE COMPASSION ( SO WAS MY EXPERIENCE ) AND SHE LEFT ITEMS INSTALLED IN MY BODY AND REFUSED TO TREAT ME FOLLOW UP CARE.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Prior to meeting Dr. Rafferty, I had had 7 perianal abcesses and cysts drained and everyone kept blaming it on my Crohn's disease. However, I went to see her and she determined that I had a pretty extensive fistula that had developed which is why I had been having these problems more and more frequently. The first time I met her, she walked in the room without any papers, and I loved that! She shook my hand and said, "Let's talk." Asked questions, looked concerned, and understood my frustration. In a very short period of time, I had surgery and have been feeling great since then. She is SO incredibly thorough and just an amazing lady. I would recommend ANYONE go see her...honestly. She's truly changed my life and made is SO much easier to deal with Crohn's.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

She is my surgeon. I would trust her with my life. She has the gift of saving and prolonging life.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

She is a great doctor. Very no nonsense and very informative. Her staff is excellent, I have never waited more than 5 minutes after arriving for my appointsments.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

Dr. Janice Rafferty's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)