Ratings for Dr. Andy Dworak

Dr. Dworak is a special, amazing man and doctor. He delivered my first daughter 39 years ago, my 2nd daughter 4 yrs later and remained my family doctor for the next 25-30 years when his practice moved from Scarborough to Newmarket. In spite of other comments this man was extremely patient with me and my million questions in raising my children, through my battle with cancer and I wouldn't have stopped seeing him if not for the travelling distance. He took great care of me and my family. Once when I had to spend an entire day being tested for diabetes, he knew I'd be hungry and light headed so he had bought me a personal pizza, even remembering my favorite drink, diet coke. He then drove me home to ensure my safety. Anyone saying he is rude should perhaps be questioning their own behaviour when dealing with him...never once was he or his staff rude and the only appointment he was late for was because he was called to hospital to deliver a baby

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

He is very candid and gets straight to the point without messing around. This abrupt nature may rub some people up the wrong way who cannot handle it, but he was spot on with his diagnoses.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

This "doctor" should have packed it in a long time ago - completely useless !!!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Definitely not a people person. Told me to go to emerge if I can't stand still and told me that a girl would be a better patient. I am a 50 year old male and wouldn't recommend him to see any human or pet in this country.....one word Doc......RETIRE

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Have had this docter for 5 years, always rushed out of office withen a few minutes. No computer and a poor memory. Looking for younger docter.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Couldn't ask for a better doctor. He gets to the bottom of my issues. Is great at diagnosing and treating

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

This guy prescribed the wrong medicine and made me sick. Didn't provide alternative. Went to another and was properly assessed with appropriate medicine. DO NOT USE THIS GUY RUN.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Doctor never made notes of our appointment. My daughter needed an alternative antibiotic. But since notes were made we had to get diagnosed again. This guy is a joke. If you get him move on. What the H E LL kind of doctor doesn't make notes. He also prescribed the worst antibiotic for a child.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

This is a very rude and unhelpful doctor. When looking for a simple prescription refill, he was confused, unknowledgeable, and rude to not only me but also a pharmacist whom had filled the prescription. There was no need for his atrocious beside manner, and only after I had to explain all the details of the situation, which were obvious, did he finally comply. Some additional training would be most helpful for this quasi MD.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Trying to get mental health referral for my son. Dr. D sent the referral to 1 doctor but this doctor didn't accept my son so I was told I had to come back in with my son for another appointment so he could send the referral to someone else. Why? So we all took time off of work again for the same reason, nothing had changed and Dr. D seemed bewildered that I was a little frustrated. He asked me which doctor we should send the referral to and I said since I don't work in the health care industry I didn't know. I suggested that because he is the GP that perhaps he should know so I don't have to keep repeating appointments for the exact some health concern with no results or moving forward. This is a mental health issue. He was rude and condensending to me. He has no conern for my son's well being and I agree that he should have retired years ago.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016