Ratings for Dr. Maryana Apel

I went to see this Dr twice. I believe I will not be going to her again. She is difficult to understand, she likes to cut you off in mid sentence. She told me I would have to go see another physiotherapist if they wouldn't do what she said. However what the physiotherapist had been doing is the only thing that has helped since the injury first occurred. If you like your Dr with the bedside manner of a national socialist she's the one for you....otherwise just stay away.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I found her a bit hard to understand, but once I figured out the accent she was great. She actually listened to me. Does not kiss up - she is there to do a job and I think she does it well. I was not thrilled with everything she said, but it was all correct. Kind of a tough love person. I suspect a lot of the complaints are from people who just want to be told that all their problems can be fixed with a magic pill and blame the doctor for not making them better when she can't.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Receptionist was pleasant, and informative. The doctor was another matter, completely. Didn't think that dismissing all the patient's responses, and increasing the patient's pain during the preliminary exam would serve any purpose. Best course of action was to leave before receiving more pain. Since the pain has been WORSE since the exam, I do not feel anything useful was accomplished. Would not recommend this "doctor" to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I was worried about seeing her after reading thes comments and they were true. I did not like her at all. I understand they are there to do a job, but show some remorse after what I have been through. She was heartless.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

She's a terrible Dr I went to her for low back pain was sent for hip injections. She did not talk to me but talked into her recorder. She was rude and unwilling to answer questions if this is the quality of Dr's calgary is attracting our health system is in serious trouble.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

After waiting for months and months for a specialist to help with chronic back and hip pain, I ended up with an appointment with dr Apel. My appointment I waited over half an hour while she and her front desk lady chatted about some drink. when I called to express concern about some injection treatments at my next appointment, the lady who answered was rude and said I had to talk to the dr in a couple weeks at my appointment, but when I showed up for that appointment they had cancelled it and didn't tell me. Basically she perceived some drugs, told me to go swimming (which I was already doing twice a week) and said come back in 3 months! Worst specialist ever.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I saw her in 2010. Office locked & had to sit on hall floor until staff arrived. Demanded detailed family history going back 3 generations & was very rude when I didn't know. Ignored results of medical tests, dismissed what specialists and MRI results showed. She blatantly lied in the report. She has no interest in the patient and will say whatever the person paying her wants. She was booted out of the Brain Injury clinic at the Foothills because she was so terrible and now she can just get rich as a hatchet for companies. She must be so proud of herself.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I been here for an hour waiting and all I see is the doctor walking back and forth and talking to receptionists. Receptionist is rude and unhelpful. This is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I have to agree with every negative comment about this woman. I refuse to call her a doctor as there is nothing professional about her. She mocked my condition and delayed my treatment which has now permanently decreased my quality of life. I'm sure this pleases her and she doesn't care but this is for future patients to be cautious about. This is the first doctor in my life I have spoken negatively about and I refrain from speaking negatively about people but she is the exception. What she mocks and seems to be amused by affects other hard working people's quality of life.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

She is the worst human being I have ever had contact with!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015