Ratings for Dr. Maryana Apel

The absolute rudest, unprofessional doctor I have ever met. Was a half hour late seeing me, after clearly double booking people, and then rudely told me I would have to reschedule (months later and additional cost!) Another appointment for the physical portion of my assessment. The nerve to tell me when I wanted to add something "no you had your time, this is my time now!" And "cant you read?!" ...Cold, mean, and when you cannot remember some detail years back, even verbally abusive.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I have never visited this "doctor" however I would strongly caution you not to visit this doctor if you are a person of color, especially if you are Muslim. She is a racist and a xenophobe who is also a very active social media user despite the risk to her professional career. If you don't believe me have a look at her Facebook account. Based on her comments I would seriously question her professionalism. If I were non white, Muslim, or new comer to Canada, I would seek a different "specialist" as I can't image how she would be able to reconcile her prejudice against her patients care. It would not be worth the risk if you are relying on a fair assessment for an insurance or awcb claim. Seriously read her social media she called Michelle Obama and a "disgusting gorilla" and Muslims "a virus with no cure" and liberals "libturds" / "libturds". But who knows, maybe she is a remarkable individual who can so passionately hate specific groups and still provide them excellent medical care? You roll the dice I guess.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

If you think her bedside manner is terrible, have a look at her social media account (facebook). I'm appalled by her very unprofessional behavior, and I think she should be reported.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Saw her years ago and still remember exactly how late and rude she was. She is arrogant and condescending. Cold and prickly

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I went to see this Dr twice. I believe I will not be going to her again. She is difficult to understand, she likes to cut you off in mid sentence. She told me I would have to go see another physiotherapist if they wouldn't do what she said. However what the physiotherapist had been doing is the only thing that has helped since the injury first occurred. If you like your Dr with the bedside manner of a national socialist she's the one for you....otherwise just stay away.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I found her a bit hard to understand, but once I figured out the accent she was great. She actually listened to me. Does not kiss up - she is there to do a job and I think she does it well. I was not thrilled with everything she said, but it was all correct. Kind of a tough love person. I suspect a lot of the complaints are from people who just want to be told that all their problems can be fixed with a magic pill and blame the doctor for not making them better when she can't.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Receptionist was pleasant, and informative. The doctor was another matter, completely. Didn't think that dismissing all the patient's responses, and increasing the patient's pain during the preliminary exam would serve any purpose. Best course of action was to leave before receiving more pain. Since the pain has been WORSE since the exam, I do not feel anything useful was accomplished. Would not recommend this "doctor" to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I was worried about seeing her after reading thes comments and they were true. I did not like her at all. I understand they are there to do a job, but show some remorse after what I have been through. She was heartless.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

She's a terrible Dr I went to her for low back pain was sent for hip injections. She did not talk to me but talked into her recorder. She was rude and unwilling to answer questions if this is the quality of Dr's calgary is attracting our health system is in serious trouble.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

After waiting for months and months for a specialist to help with chronic back and hip pain, I ended up with an appointment with dr Apel. My appointment I waited over half an hour while she and her front desk lady chatted about some drink. when I called to express concern about some injection treatments at my next appointment, the lady who answered was rude and said I had to talk to the dr in a couple weeks at my appointment, but when I showed up for that appointment they had cancelled it and didn't tell me. Basically she perceived some drugs, told me to go swimming (which I was already doing twice a week) and said come back in 3 months! Worst specialist ever.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015