Ratings for Dr. Maryana Apel

One of the worst doctors I have ever met and I work in a hospital. Extremely rude, very bias and has no compassion. She is everything that is wrong with the medical community and should not be a practicing doctor. Do yourself a favor and run the other direction if you get referred to her.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

The worst, bar none, physician I have ever come across. Rude, arrogant and totally lacking in compassion. If you have the misfortune to be referred to her - run, don't walk. I will be complaining to the AMA. This disaster of a doctor should have her license revoked.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Rude and dismissive. Prob the most arrogant doctor I've ever seen. A total wast of time seeing her as she has no respect for patients at all. Won't listen to what you have to say and if her nerve conduction study doesn't show anything she acts like there's nothing wrong with you. Be prepared to feel like your an idiot and a wast of her time. Definitely is in the wrong profession as she has zero people skills and could care less about helping people.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Today was my second visit. I found Dr Apel to be a knowledgeable and compassionate physician. She took the time to listen to my concerns and remedy was she could in the moment. I believe I have found a professional who will do her best to help my medical situation while being honest and empathetic. I found Dr. Apel's staff to be caring and concerned and efficient as well.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

The absolute rudest, unprofessional doctor I have ever met. Was a half hour late seeing me, after clearly double booking people, and then rudely told me I would have to reschedule (months later and additional cost!) Another appointment for the physical portion of my assessment. The nerve to tell me when I wanted to add something "no you had your time, this is my time now!" And "cant you read?!" ...Cold, mean, and when you cannot remember some detail years back, even verbally abusive.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I have never visited this "doctor" however I would strongly caution you not to visit this doctor if you are a person of color, especially if you are Muslim. She is a racist and a xenophobe who is also a very active social media user despite the risk to her professional career. If you don't believe me have a look at her Facebook account. Based on her comments I would seriously question her professionalism. If I were non white, Muslim, or new comer to Canada, I would seek a different "specialist" as I can't image how she would be able to reconcile her prejudice against her patients care. It would not be worth the risk if you are relying on a fair assessment for an insurance or awcb claim. Seriously read her social media she called Michelle Obama and a "disgusting gorilla" and Muslims "a virus with no cure" and liberals "libturds" / "libturds". But who knows, maybe she is a remarkable individual who can so passionately hate specific groups and still provide them excellent medical care? You roll the dice I guess.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

If you think her bedside manner is terrible, have a look at her social media account (facebook). I'm appalled by her very unprofessional behavior, and I think she should be reported.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Saw her years ago and still remember exactly how late and rude she was. She is arrogant and condescending. Cold and prickly

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I went to see this Dr twice. I believe I will not be going to her again. She is difficult to understand, she likes to cut you off in mid sentence. She told me I would have to go see another physiotherapist if they wouldn't do what she said. However what the physiotherapist had been doing is the only thing that has helped since the injury first occurred. If you like your Dr with the bedside manner of a national socialist she's the one for you....otherwise just stay away.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I found her a bit hard to understand, but once I figured out the accent she was great. She actually listened to me. Does not kiss up - she is there to do a job and I think she does it well. I was not thrilled with everything she said, but it was all correct. Kind of a tough love person. I suspect a lot of the complaints are from people who just want to be told that all their problems can be fixed with a magic pill and blame the doctor for not making them better when she can't.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016