You may also like

Rate Dr. Rob Piemontesi

Dr. Rob Piemontesi's Ratings

I have been under the care of this Dr. Piemontesi for two years now. I am grateful to him bacause he caught my glaucoma problem right away, and put me under the necessary treatment to try to arrest it. When he first started to see me, he was surprised that my glaucoma had advanced so much despite the fact that I was under the care of another opthalmologist for years!
Dr. Piemontesi's treatment has arrested the progression of my glaucoma with the treatments that he has recommended and I am grateful to him for this and upset with my previous opthalmologist (Dr.S. rated separately) who missed it for years despite my insistence that my vision was getting worst!
I find that Dr. Piemontesi is very good in what he does. He is extremely busy but despite that fact, he is reassuring, and kind. I find him very competent and I feel that he has excellent bedside manner. I recommend Dr. Piemontesi to anyone who might be experiencing vision loss. He might save your vision!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2890421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2015

I agree with many of the comments. He is very confident in his abilities which is the bottom line when dealing with eye health. he is respected by his peers, I work with some of them. Beside manner a bit odd but when push comes to shove and something serious is going on...I found him to focus when necessary. He is not a psychologist but definitely can treat glaucoma patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2854588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

It's a busy office, and Dr. P sees a lot of patients in a day. He's the only Glaucoma/Cataract specialist surgeon in the mid Vancouver Island area, so there's a lot of pressure on him and his staff. Staff has always been cheerful and helpful. He has always answered my questions, and taken time with me as necessary.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2671939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

One of the rudest people I have ever met. Very condescending, spoke very quickly using medical jargon and could barely hide his impatience at my questions; always overbooked and running very late. Used extremely painful eyeful drops on my young son - have since seen another ophthalmologist who used a different type of eye drop which didn't cause any pain. Not interested in treating a problem which required a fairly simple surgery and which has improved my son's sight. Cannot find a single positive thing to say about this doctor and our experience with him. If you have an alternative, avoid.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2641565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr. Piemontesi is thorough, answers questions and provides information on procedures. Both procedures to remove cataracts from my left and right eyes were successful and I now have 20/20 vision in my right eye and much better vision in my left eye which was damaged by a macular hole.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

Best eye specialist ever! Saw him from ages 3-8. He is greatly missed in saskatoon, would move provinces to be able to be his patient again :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2013

Dr. Piemontesi runs a busy office but despite being in new surroundings, there is still a feeling of stress emanating from his staff. I do not know if it is overbooking that is the cause, but everyone, although kindly, seems in a hurry and seldom does anyone take time to answer questions. The office waits are long but your appointment with Dr. Piemontesi is less than satisfying---he is polite but obviously he feels everyone understands eye conditions as well as he does as he tends to be impatient when asked questions. Unfortunately, Dr. Piemontesi thought my husband was someone else when he spoke with him as he gave my husband a startling diagnosis with little explanation. We called later to book another appointment for clarification. This time the diagnosis was not as dire but there was no explanation or apology offered for what occurred previously. This was our first experience with an eye specialist and we were not impressed. We have chosen a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1400209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

A great Dr. but does not give you adequate time. Last appointment after assistants did their work and sent to see the Dr 2 patients ahead of me and I was out of his office under 15 minutes I may have been in his office for 5 minutes

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. P for the last 18 months. He has ALWAYS been very polite and answers all my questions. I was afraid when I first went into his office thinking that I was on my way to loosing my sight. Even though he does not give you any idle chat while you are in the office, he has never made me feel like he did not have time to explain what he needed to do to help me. I have to go to his office at least every 6 months for tests and the staff have also always been very helpful. There has only ever been one incident with the staff and that was around Christmas when I was having tests done and my eyes had been frozen, one of the receptionists was wearing a continual flashing necklace and it was very hard on the eyes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

All was fabulous from beginning to end, appointments on time, great staff, very knowledgeable and to the point doctor, no waste of time, just made it happen, it was great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1400206].votes_count ]]