Ratings for Dr. Rob Piemontesi

This guy has been treating me for Glaucoma for about six months. The treatment appears to be causing my sight to deteriorate.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I have ongoing problems with dendritic ulcers which can prove detrimental to sight, leaving scars on the cornea. My own ophthalmologist could fit me in as an emergency and I was re-referred to Dr. P. who saw me at the end of a busy day. He prescribed the required treatment and I saw him a further 2 times for follow up and revision of my meds. Extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. His staff are extremely helpful and efficient despite the pressures of a busy medical practice.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I am so grateful that Dr. Piemontesi is my eye doctor. He does great work and I am thrilled that he did my cataract surgery. I love his staff too. They are always smiling!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I have been with this Doctor for five years as he monitors my glaucoma. Very professional, he has an engaging personality that immediately builds trust into a relationship. Explains clearly the problems and the procedures he will use to correct it. Super happy with hm on my side.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I have been under the care of this Dr. Piemontesi for two years now. I am grateful to him bacause he caught my glaucoma problem right away, and put me under the necessary treatment to try to arrest it. When he first started to see me, he was surprised that my glaucoma had advanced so much despite the fact that I was under the care of another opthalmologist for years! Dr. Piemontesi's treatment has arrested the progression of my glaucoma with the treatments that he has recommended and I am grateful to him for this and upset with my previous opthalmologist (Dr.S. rated separately) who missed it for years despite my insistence that my vision was getting worst! I find that Dr. Piemontesi is very good in what he does. He is extremely busy but despite that fact, he is reassuring, and kind. I find him very competent and I feel that he has excellent bedside manner. I recommend Dr. Piemontesi to anyone who might be experiencing vision loss. He might save your vision!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I agree with many of the comments. He is very confident in his abilities which is the bottom line when dealing with eye health. he is respected by his peers, I work with some of them. Beside manner a bit odd but when push comes to shove and something serious is going on...I found him to focus when necessary. He is not a psychologist but definitely can treat glaucoma patients.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

It's a busy office, and Dr. P sees a lot of patients in a day. He's the only Glaucoma/Cataract specialist surgeon in the mid Vancouver Island area, so there's a lot of pressure on him and his staff. Staff has always been cheerful and helpful. He has always answered my questions, and taken time with me as necessary.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

One of the rudest people I have ever met. Very condescending, spoke very quickly using medical jargon and could barely hide his impatience at my questions; always overbooked and running very late. Used extremely painful eyeful drops on my young son - have since seen another ophthalmologist who used a different type of eye drop which didn't cause any pain. Not interested in treating a problem which required a fairly simple surgery and which has improved my son's sight. Cannot find a single positive thing to say about this doctor and our experience with him. If you have an alternative, avoid.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr. Piemontesi is thorough, answers questions and provides information on procedures. Both procedures to remove cataracts from my left and right eyes were successful and I now have 20/20 vision in my right eye and much better vision in my left eye which was damaged by a macular hole.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Best eye specialist ever! Saw him from ages 3-8. He is greatly missed in saskatoon, would move provinces to be able to be his patient again :)

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013