Ratings for Dr. Richard C. Galgano

I’ve gone to see Dr. Galgano 3-4 times for annual physicals or help with some sleep problems and he always takes extra time to talk to the patient to get to the root of the problem and to find the most practical and efficient solution. He talks to the patient as if they were one of his personal friends and sometimes even gives advice for non-medical issues such as study methods and ways to relax in order to deal with stress from work. He truly cares about his patients and is always genuinely friendly. If only more physicians took the time and care the he displays toward his job then we would probably look forward to visiting the doctor’s office more often.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

I wish I could take Richard (as he asked me to call him) with me when I move to NY. I tell him what I know about an issue, he asks exactly the right questions, and gives good, solid advice. Never trying to sell, never helping me fish for solutions. I have had doctors who just give you what you want, and doctors who just dismiss you. Dr. Galgano is a doctor who gives you the right solution, whether you want to hear it or not. E.g. When I was studying and working and really stressed, I had some back pain that I thought could be fixed with an adjustment. He patiently let me try to talk him into some quick fixes, but stuck to recommending a stretching routine. It alleviated my back pain within two days, and I have to keep stretching so it doesn't come back, but if I had taken pills for it, my studying would have suffered, and the issue would still exist. That said, when I HURT my lower back, he helped me with pain management. I can't say enough, I wish he'd always be my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Doctor Galgano spent half an hour to check me about my sleeping problem 2 weeks ago. I didn't have to wait more than a couple of minutes for the appointment.He is very easy to talk to and I felt very comfortable with him. I can contact him through email and he always gets back to me in a couple of hours. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Dr Galgano is a good doctor, and seems like a great person. It is very very easy to speak with him about everything (easy to open up). Always a pleasure to deal with (well, i guess as much of a pleasure as going to the doctors can be...)

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. Richard C. Galgano's Credentials

• University Of New England, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1988)