Ratings for Dr. Wayne Carman

My very true thanks to Dr Carman and his team for managing my care. I have faced discouragement in the past while trying to source my options for improving the appearance of and my confidence surrounding a facial injury that I sustained 5 years ago. I underwent facial reconstruction and had a plastic implant put in my left cheek post injury (this procedure performed by a different team - part of McMaster in Hamilton at the time - also a wonderful and professional team). Unfortunately, I did have some scarring from the facial trauma that left me feeling insecure about the asymmetry of my face. Dr Carman was recommended to me and I am forever grateful. This very wonderful Doctor has performed two phases of fat grafting into my left cheek (and a little onto my right cheek) to balance volume - and my personal concern about having feeling lopsided for these years. At 30 years old I am now feeling confident and beautiful again - something that I have missed in my late twenties. Thank you for that! A special thank you also to the nurses and anaesthesiologist who made me feel comfortable and taken care of. I highly recommend this team!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Had an initial breast enhancement done back in 1999. For personal reasons, decided to have a second enhancement . My original surgeon had passed, so meant finding someone new. I saw three Toronto Plastic Surgeons for consultations. I had researched many, and picked the three I considered to be the top ones. Of the three, Dr Wayne Carman was the one I best connected with. I felt very comfortable, he is extremely kind, and patient with questions. My surgery was Feb 3,2016. I went from 360cc to 575/550 (offset was to make breast symmetric) I'm beyond happy with the results, and would highly recommend this surgeon to anyone. He is so nice, and comforting, and does brilliant work. Kathy

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Dr Carmen is the best Cosmetic Doctor in Toronto, very comfortable and knowledgeable. Shows care on helping his clients look and feel good with his amazing cosmetic work and service. Just try and look past her RUDE Secretary, very unprofessional and really does not do any good for his business with her bad attitude. The good thing is you only have to book with her to see him. I would highly recommend Dr Carmen.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

7 years later I am still so pleased with my breast implants. I had about as small as you get with little skin to work with. Dr. Carman Let me know what would best suit my figure while keeping the size and shape so natural and tasteful. I did a lot of research and actually have many friends with breast implants. Over and over it was Dr. Carman who shined through with both his work and his professionalism. The fact that you don't go home till all is finished with the procedure really influenced my choice in Carman. Never mind the bouquet of flowers he sends afterwards. And last is I had very low pain and such a quick recovery with only a fingerprint of a bruise. You can not find where the incision is and men can not be live the beauty of my breasts. Dr. Carman is magic I send few kisses every time I drive passed his office. Changed my life!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

I am 3 weeks post op with BA and tummy tuck. I could not be more pleased! Dr. Carman's staff are all friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I could not be more pleased with my results! My breast only 2 weeks post op feel and look amazing. He is known as one of Toronto's finest breast men, which he is but his tummy tummy tucks are phenomenal as well! I'm 33 with 2 children by c-section and feel like I have my teen tummy back! This man is magnificent!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I am 3 weeks post op- recovering very well. Dr Carmen over delivered. I am so pleased with my surgery. At first I was a little afraid I wouldn't get a big enough implant and had no idea what I would expect.. I was confident going into the surgery with my trust in Dr Carmen as a professional. He delivered the best, more than I could have imagined. My confidence has changed, my clothing fits so much better. I have already shared his name amongst my friends & family. Perfect experience. If I had to do it again, I'd 100% choose Dr Carmen again. & if I do decide to make any more adjustments in my body- I know Dr Carmen is the best man for the job!!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

I booked Dr.Carman to get a breast reduction with liposuction in one breast. I wanted to correct the asymmetry in my breasts. This has been something that has bothered me for years. I realize that everyone has differences in their breasts but the difference in mine was more notable. They looked as though they were from two different pairs. I have been to consults with a few other notable doctors in Toronto and the GTA all of whom suggested breast implants to correct the issue. I did a lot of research on the subject before hand and I already knew that breast implants would not correct the issue. I would have to put in two different sized implants and my breasts would still ultimately not look the same. I started out by writing Dr.Carman an email (which he replied to personally, not his secretary). I found it incredibly comforting that he took the time to do this rather than copying and pasting general information from the website which was what I found when I emailed Dr.Lista. I also met with Dr.Lista and found the experience to be quite cold. I am so glad that I booked with Dr.Carman. I can't express how happy I am with the results. It is exactly what I wanted. The scar is tiny. The recovery was relatively quick and his staff was so welcoming, helpful, and informative about my questions. He really cares about his patients and if I ever wanted anything else done I know I would absolutely go to him again.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Carman has done a number of procedures for me over many years. To me he is unique for the combination of integrity, artistic eye, and tremendous skill that he possesses. I have been delighted with everything he has done. One of the things I'm most wowed with are the procedures he's performed for both liposuction and fat transplantation. What many people don't realize is that autologous (your own) fat transplants fulfill the same purpose as other injectables, but they are often permanent - or last at least twenty years. You pay about the same for fat transplation as for eighteen month's worth of injectables, and run no risk of allergic reaction. Dr. Carman slightly over-injects so that, after the excess fat is quickly absorbed by the body, and then the appropriate amount remains. Once colonized by your own blood vessels, the fat filler typically is in place for good. Dr. Carman has built up my cheeks and lips, which now have a beautiful line. He has also erased the deep nasolabial lines that I first noticed when I was a teenager. And for a very reasonable fee I got rid of the triple chins I had developed in my early fifties; they'll never come back, unless I gain a great deal of weight. I think most plastic surgeons downplay fat transplant because it's not a big money-maker: it works too well. Although his clinic is private, I understand that he supervises the plastic surgery residents at a major Toronto hospital. He also has an OHIP-funded practice in the clinic. I've been with him for over twenty years and I'm now in my sixties - the next procedure I get will probably be a facelift, although I don't yet desperately need one. He's never hesitated to tell me I don't need a procedure, and to propose something cheaper or no treatment at all. I am baffled by one rating that calls him 'arrogant'; he's the opposite; also by another rating by a disappointed person who had deposited 10% to book operating time and then felt betrayed when she changed her mind and it was not refundable (something made very clear at the time of deposit: you are booking the anaesthetist, Dr. Carman's time, and the operating theatre). He really is the greatest. I would never experiment with anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr Wayne Carman did a redo on me when I wanted smaller implants, he did an amazing job. He is known as being one of the best breast men in Toronto and thats why theres such a long waiting list. The whole experience was great including the aftercare by the nurses. I am considering returning for eye surgery with him. Its too bad this site allow reviews from people who have not had surgery with him. Dr Carman has a long waiting list and so I can see why they are somewhat strict with appointments. Theres no need for the secretary to be rude, but Ive always found her to be really nice and perhaps some people are just sensitive. If you have cancelled and are phoning back and wanting to reserve another date they are not going to reserve it until you have paid, thats common business sense.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I had a very bad experience with this Dr. and his stuff. I came in for consultation and it was great. They do charge a 150$ for 15 min consultation. It was in the beginning of June. I decided to book my surgery right away - for end of July. Payed a 1,000$ to reserve my day for the surgery. Everything and everybody was super friendly and helpful at that time. However, a terrible thing happened in my family in the next week - my dad had an insult. I had to fly back home for the summer. I called the clinic next week (one month before the surgery date). I was trying to get the surgery rescheduled for couple months. The secretary, was super rude to me this time. She didn't want to listen to my explanations - she said the Dr. booked the nurses, this and that, and it's costing him money. I asked her to talk to the Dr. She said he is not in and she doesn't know when is he going to be in. Call back later - she said. I called in next day, the secretary transferred me to the nurse right away. I had to explain everything to the nurse as well. She wasn't as rude as the secretary. She said she will talk to the Dr. and will let me know. She called back - said they they will make an exception but only this time. I came back to Toronto earlier than I expected. Thankfully my Dad recovered from the insult. I called today to book an appointment. The same secretary was on the phone. She said that the Dr. made a note on my file that in order for me to book a surgery I have to pay in advance since I cancelled last time. I was ok with that. Then I asked her about the available dates - she told me a couple. I said can we please reserve this one and will call you back to arrange the payment. She became very rude right away - said she cannot do that, I have to pay right away, she doesn't care , they have to run a business and on and on. She was so rude and made me feel so bad like I stole something or killed someone. I just said goodbye and hanged up. I was so upset. What type of customer service is that where I'm paying you money and your are treating me like a piece of sh*t? How can I let Dr. to cut me open when treats me like "he has a business running" and only thing he cares is just the money and I'm just another business transaction? I will never proceed with my surgery with Dr. Carman or be involved with any of the people working with him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr. Wayne Carman's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My very true thanks to Dr Carman and his team for managing my care. I have faced discouragement in the past while trying to source my options for improving the..."

March 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had an initial breast enhancement done back in 1999. For personal reasons, decided to have a second enhancement . My original surgeon had passed, so meant findi..."

February 14, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Carmen is the best Cosmetic Doctor in Toronto, very comfortable and knowledgeable. Shows care on helping his clients look and feel good with his amazing cosm..."

June 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drcarmanplasticsurgery.com" to "http://www.drcarmanplasticsurgery.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M4P 1L7". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 325 Eglinton Av E". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14163227108".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "7 years later I am still so pleased with my breast implants. I had about as small as you get with little skin to work with. Dr. Carman Let me know what would be..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 3 weeks post op with BA and tummy tuck. I could not be more pleased! Dr. Carman's staff are all friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I could not be more pl..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 3 weeks post op- recovering very well. Dr Carmen over delivered. I am so pleased with my surgery. At first I was a little afraid I wouldn't get a big enoug..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I booked Dr.Carman to get a breast reduction with liposuction in one breast. I wanted to correct the asymmetry in my breasts. This has been something that has b..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Carman has done a number of procedures for me over many years. To me he is unique for the combination of integrity, artistic eye, and tremendous skill tha..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wayne Carman did a redo on me when I wanted smaller implants, he did an amazing job. He is known as being one of the best breast men in Toronto and thats why..."

October 28, 2014