Ratings for Dr. M. Klomfass

I've had Dr. Klomfass as a family doctor since I was a kid, about 17 years. For most of that time Dr. Klomfass has been an excellent doctor, very on top of things, a moral and caring man. Over the years though, things changed- to the extreme. For a decade I experienced symptoms of moderate Crohn's disease but Dr. Klomfass passed it off as nothing, I should just take peptobysmal. Then two years ago I started having signs of acute crohn's disease which was making it difficult to do schoolwork, and then to walk, and then making it difficult to even stay conscious. For another three months, in circumstances where (according to a nurse later on) I should have been hospitalized to recover and prevent the need for surgeries, Dr. Klomfass said it was nothing to be concerned about. Due to that extra wait, and a decade of untreated crohn's mounting symptoms, I have had to have two surgeries that were completely avoidable according to my specialist, and now have to live with two permanent, painful, debilitating complex fistulas. I have since received my file from Dr. Klomfass that showed that ten years ago another doctor analyzed my test results and said I probably had crohn's disease and needed to be given medication to prevent longterm issues, and Klomfass' reply that the other doctor was 'being dramatic'. It is really such a shame, Doctor Klomfass used to be such a stand-up Christian man but he has really devolved to be a danger to his patients. I ignored the clues, remembering the good doctor from my childhood- DON'T make my mistake! Get away from this doctor

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr.Klomfass scares me! I found it concerning that he spent much of my appt on his computer "Googling" information to assess and diagnose me. Perhaps I am old school and have higher expectations for my healthcare provider to be very much educated and not rely on google to treat me. No disrespect intended but I could do that myself at home while saving Ohip the money.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Lost contact with patients. Spends more time with student Dr's than patients. Puts everything down to age. He has changed so much.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Our family doctor for last 15 years. My wife had breast cancer 7 years ago after treatment done she fell down and broke her leg and arm bones after Dr. Klomfass's four months wrong diagnoses. Bed news given us by orthopedist after surgery that is " bone cancer" spread everywhere. I googled my wife's all symptoms after surgery, Google made right diagnosis instead of Dr. Klomfass. He is not smart and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

He has been great and really helped me with my health ..... I am so glad I found him .

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

After many years I left Dr Klomfass since, as mentioned by others, he dismissed my explanation of symptoms that I knew was not due to anxiety. He continued to offer me counselling for childhood issues with my mother. I found a new female doctor in town that listened to me and after testing discovered I have rheumatoid arthritis! Comes with fatigue and joint pain. Thank goodness I listened to my intuition on this one. I am now on medication and a diet that has brought my energy back and allows me to sleep without pain. Thank you Oprah for your advice on seeking a second opinion. We are the only ones that know our bodies better than anyone who sees 100's of patients per week.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I came out as transgender 2 months ago and he asked all the wrong questions and made me feel bad for trying to be who I am. He is a pill pusher and doesn't really get to what is wrong with you. I had to tell him what I wanted done. Throughout my high school he wanted me to go on birth control. And I knew for a fact my mom is really allergic and he didn't even care. I went on birth control pill and not to long after I had a blood clot in my lung because im allergic. After that I had to go on more medicine to get rid of the blood clot. For myself I hate taking medicine. He is a terrible doctor. The last couple times I went I didn't even see him it was students. Definitely changing my doctor. He is horrible.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Dr. Klomfass is a wonderful doctor! He is very kind and gentle and takes the time to listen to you. There may be a bit longer wait to get in, but it is because he makes sure he answers all your questions. I have been to other doctors before this, who limited your questions to one or two and told you that you had to make another appointment to get the other questions answered! Dr. Klomfass loves what he does and it really shows as well. He is the best doctor my family has ever had and we are truly blessed to have him as our doctor!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Friendly, caring doctor. Wait times are always long. Office has called me in the past about other patients' test results. Only go when I absolutely have to.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Klomfass is a great doctor but his appointments never run on time. He's usually at least 30mins behind. Other people show up for other doctors and they wait 5 mins at most. The waiting room is full of Dr. Klomfass' patients.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014