Ratings for Dr. Ovidio M. Penalver

He's slow and I waited a long time for my sick child to see him and theen he wasn't that concerned about his illness at all.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

My Fiance is stationed at Fort Lewis. Dr. Penavler was my sons doctor for the first month then Tricare told us that in order for him to be on Tricare Prime that he would have to be seen by an Army Doctor so we took our son to Mcchord Ped. When we took him to Mcchord the nurse put sliver nitrate on my sons belly button to remove the extra skin on it. Well she did it carelessly and gave my son 2nd degree burns. Need to say we never took our son back there again. . We took him back to Dr. Penavler We went to Tricare on base and told them what had happen at one of their clinics and filled out paper work to get his PCM change to Dr. Penavler. After they investigated what happen they approved my son to be seen by Dr. Penavler and for him still be enrolled in Tricare Prime. Dr Penavler is a AMAZING doctor that actually cares about your children. He called and checked on my son after work hours to tell us the result of a test. How many doctors do you know that would do that? His staff is great

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Best and most caring pediatrician you could hope to find for your child!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Absolutely amazing with children. Calming, soothing voice... has the God-given gift of putting children at ease. A very sweet man and highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Dr. Penalver has been great for all three of my children. He was also my husbands ped. Go Dr. Penalver!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

I have known Dr. Penalver for years and did not hesitate to recommend him for my niece. He has been her doctor for the past two years, since birth. He truly cares.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

Dr. always takes as much time as I need to understand what is going on. He is down to earth. Very concerned about the welfare of my childrens health and emotional feelings. Doesn't over medicate. My kids are too old for a pediatrician now. I wish I could find a G.P. in the area just like him. If you are a Nervous Nelly and want a lot of tests and procedures to calm you, Dr. Penalver isn't for you. If you like a more practical, personal, natural approach you will like him.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

My son had been a patient from birth. At 18 months I brought up concerns about my son's hearing. I was sent home - again at 2 years I went to have my son's hearing checked - again sent home as an over concerned parent. At 2 years and 8 months I brought my son to a different doctor who ordered an EEG - ended with a diagnosis of Severe Bilateral Hearing Loss. Because I wasn't taken seriously, my son lost years of specialized services. The entire affair was disheartening as I really liked Dr. Penalver and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

Very thoughtful, knowledgeable, and available. I've been looking a long time for a pediatrician I could trust and Dr. Penalver, along with his partners, have ended my search.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

Always caring and understanding of his children and their parents. Couldn't be a better Ped's Doc. out there!!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2007

Dr. Ovidio M. Penalver's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Oxford