Ratings for Dr. Gordon Bailey

Booked an appointment 3 months ago. Was told the day showed up they didn't even know who I was or that I had an appointment. Felt very depressed when left.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

This doctor is terrible. Very poor patient doctor relationship and does not care for his patients.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr Bailey is very knowledgeable and involved with his research and is still able to relate closely to his patients. His active research is very supportive of his direct work with his patients. Kudos to his patient care and his self care which takes home away from his office periodically - and also revives and rejuvenates him for the next cycle of life. Many thanks!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I saw this Doctor for the first time yesterday and was pleasantly surprised as the reviews here made me hesitant to even go to my appointment. The staff were friendly and attentive, I had to wait a bit past my appointment time, but certainly no more then I wait for any doctors appointment I go to, especially a specialist. Dr. Bailey said he knew why my family doctor referred me to him, but wanted to know what I felt was the issue and make sure I felt that the appointment was to address my concerns as well as why my family doctor referred me. Overall I would say it was a very comprehensive review of my medical issues and even though I may not have all of the answers yet, I feel at least I'm on the right path now. I suspect some of the negative reviews below are people that expect more of the health care system and of overworked doctors and staff... I feel very confident with the care I have received from Dr. Bailey so far.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

if i could have given 0- stars for knololedge and helpfullness i would .if your seeing specia;list for thypothyroidism its probably because you havent gotten the medical advise and treatment yet . Your optomism of fianlly getting some clarification about your condition and the wide and increasing range of symptoms soon comes to a abupt frustrating .disappointing,hopeless end with a doctor whom my opinion should be audited by AHC and forced to retire Saw him 4 times , He simply could not analise the 2 years of blood tests results in front of him and insisted that they were all wrong becuse of the blood testing equipment which a former golf partner of his was now managing. He sent me several labs throughout the province but the levels all came back low and the same as in all the previous tests in the last two years. He didnt have enough knoledge or responsibility to," patient and AHC" to think inside or outside the box to help or refer me to reasonable heath care. If since have been refered by my GP to a endocrinologist and a gastrointologist and the quest for cause and treatment continues but at least there trying within there expectations as doctors and the AHC system. If your a patient who has had good treatment from dr. bailey I'm happy for you but inclined to think that it is just extraordinary good luck

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I have never been so disappointed in a doc he talked about how the red deer lab is terrible and his golf buddy runs it blah blah okay the lab here not the best okay I will go where ever would not listen to me kept cutting me off and made a decision about my health with only me say 5 words. I have never written I review on anyone ever but please do the drive and go to someone who cares !! I will go to another lab to blood work but also another doctor that actually sees people not numbers !!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I found him to be very negative in his comments and information provided. He is extremely hard to get an appointment with, as he takes 1 week off a month. He is extremely slow with forwarding information to a surgeon and then did not send all info that was needed. It took me many phone calls to get things straightened out. His receptionist is very polite and helpful.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

Stay away!!! He is a terrible doctor! He mistreated me 7 years ago with border-line diabetics and said I was overweight when I was only 110lb @ 5’3”, when the blood work showed that I had hyperthyroid but he failed to inform me then. 7 years later and he does not follow up, I was referred back to him because of my worsen conditions from the hyperthyroid. He mistreated me further with double dosage of radioactive iodine, when I should have received none. Now I suffer Grave disease and need to seek treatment elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Dr. Bailey is a caring, compassionate professional, taking time to answer my concerns and help me develop a plan for a future with hypothyroidism and osteoporosis. His referrals to 2 other specialists, who concurred with his diagnoses and treatment were very helpful. All meds prescribed were appropriate, and my health has improved. I'd highly recommend this Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I have been with Dr.Bailey for 10mths. The most I ever have waited for an appointment is 20min. so it surprises me to hear people's complaints. He gives me as much time as I need for each appointment. I was diagnosed with Graves disease, he gave me as much time as I needed to decide which treatment plan I wanted to go with, he referred me to a specialist in Edmonton when he was not 100% certain about a symptom I was experiencing with the Graves. I feel better than I have felt in the 10mths. It took me that long to decide on the treatment plan that he suggested from day one. I should have listened because I would have felt better a lot sooner.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011