Ratings for Dr. Callie Ackermann

Dr. Ackerman is pure genius. He replaced both my knee and hip three years ago, and did an absolutely amazing job. Wish he was still here to check my other knee.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I have just recently been in the Royal Colubmbia hospital for a reconstruction of a 10 year old hip replacement.the operation was required after a failure of a Ceramic/ceramic/ Titanium combination which had failed at the ball. The operation was extended by 21/2-3 hours because of the debree which had accumulated from years of material breakdown and joint misalignment. This was all taken care of as well there was much bone deterioration. After several days of recovery and rehabilitation all seems in good order. I just wanted to thank Dr. ackermann for his continued dedication , very pleasing bedside manner, excellent work and knowledge. The nurses at this hospital seem to be extremely overworked, but get their work done With a cheerful, knowledgeable and efficient manner. All of the Aids as well as the Students are very well trained without any squabbling. Al in all I would rate this hospital with an exceptional high standard to be very proud of.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr. Ackermann did orthoscopic surgery on my right knee. Unfortunately my knee was very worn and full of arthritis. He explained everything to me and I left his office feeling well informed. My next visit he drained the fluid from my knee and gave me a cortisone injection. The plan is to do a knee replacement in the future. I have so much confidence in Dr. Ackermann's abilities and knowledge that I have no apprehension going forward. I feel so fortunate to have him as my surgeon! He has always been forthright, kind and respectful towards me.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

couldn't be better...BUT is Dr Ackermann still practicing in Kamloops?

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Ackermann replaced my left knee joint a few years ago. It was worn out as a result of an old workplace injury. Now I have issues with the right knee. I saw my family doctor and he sent a referral to Dr. Ackermann, 18 months ago. I did all his office in April of this year and asked where I was in the waiting list. His office staff told me that he would see me, as he had operated on the left knee, but that the wait time was approximately 2 years. Furthermore, I was told that I could expect a consultation by September. So, I called his office today and was told that he is no longer taking ANY referrals, contrary to what I was told, back in April. !8 months of wasted waiting time!! Dr. Ackermann is not solely responsible for this fiasco, but I believe that his office staff would have taken time from their busy days to individually call each and every patient on the waiting list. I wasn't as, I presume many others. Now, I am hoping to get a referral that actually comes to something. I realize that surgical procedures are funded by the Provincial government an when the pot runs dry, the pot runs dry. But I feel as if I have fallen through the cracks in the system. Bad on D. Ackermann and his staff for not alerting us suffering patients to the change in his surgical protocol and a doubler BAD on Premiere Clark for not funding the health care system in a responsible manner. It's all well and fine to collect millions of dollars in property transfer fees, but to blindly ignore the needs of the province's ever growing surgery wait list is shameful.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Unfortunately, now Dr. Ackermann is leaving. So whether you gave him one star or five, we are short another specialist. Living in Kamloops is bad for your health.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I wish I could rate Dr. Ackermann positively, because it sounds like most of the time he knows what he's doing, but I wasn't even able to see him. I had knee surgery in June 2015 with another surgeon and experienced some complications, which my physiotherapist suggested I follow up on. Unfortunately, my surgeon had moved to Alberta (better support for health care and those who work in it???!!!) the day that he removed my stitches so I was required to wait in line to see my GP because he works in a drop-in clinic and it's nearly impossible to book an actual appointment with him during his highly sought after regular appointments. I was finally able to see the GP at the beginning of September, who graciously accepted another fee from MSP in order to refer me to Dr. Ackermann. Today, May 30, 2016, I called to see if an appointment had been made yet and was told that after 9 months of waiting, Dr. Ackermann had decided he was too busy to even review my file and suggested that my GP's office refer me to yet another Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Butterwick, who arrived in Kamloops 3 months ago! This province and it's health care system is completely ridiculous!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

When I had my hip replacement done by Dr. Ackermann, the results were astounding. From the time of surgery I had no further pain and the recovery period has been trouble free. I am slowly resuming life as it should be, being careful to follow doctor's instructions. Although Dr. Ackermann can be abrupt, there is no doubt that he is extremely knowledgeable and is thorough in his assessment and the carry through of his treatment. I have no limp, no pain, no worries. I would not consider going elsewhere if I ever needed another surgery. Dr. Ackermann is definitely superior in his surgeries and knowledge.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Ackermann knows what he is doing. Listen first, ask questions later.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

This man is pure genius! He's the best. Outspoken...Yes! Direct...Yes!! But the best of the best!!! He totally changed my life!! Blessed man!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015