Ratings for Dr. Boris Havkin

I have lived in this community for several years and was a patient of Dr. Havkin and swore by this man. After referring a friend and then a family member to him I have come to see the reality. This man presents as he truly cares about you but he has proven to be the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing. He is a liar and moreover someone I believe truly believes his own lies. His office staff Rhonda is his puppet on a string and will lie and manipulate for him and lacks integrity to do what's right. He injured a close family friend and made it impossible for them to live a normal life without being incontinent and impotent and around the same time he nearly killed my spouse in surgery and then attempted to cover it up and blame everyone else. He encouraged me to sue the hospital and surgery team all to absolve himself of any wrong-doing. My spouse had to be admitted to hospital after a minor procedure and experienced exorbinate pain and suffering not to mention the thousands of dollars in extra bills that we incurred on our fixed income. Between in the hospital and at home I have cried so much watching the love of my life suffer as Dr. Havkin avoids our calls, tells Rhonda to lie to us, and our bills and deterioration of life mounts. We are struggling now both financially and emotionally. This man is dangerous and quite the chameleon so don't take this book for its cover because you or someone you love might be his next casualty. I don't want anyone else to suffer like we have!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Love his new office and his great staff- so personable, matches his personality. Best Dr. I ever had. 1st he saved my life and removed cancerous tumor on my kidney with cool robotic surgery but didn't stop there and addressed my quality of life helping me. He took care of my urination problems and then fixed my low T and gave me back my elections. I feel the best I have in years and I have Dr. Havkin to thank for it. And he is always with a smile and never in a rush.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

I've only been to one urologist in my life, but after seeing Dr. Havkin for a year and a half for bladder cancer and treatments, I am so very glad I had him as my urologist. Unfortunately, he is leaving Health First, and I may have to find a replacement. I read 1or 2 questionable remarks about Dr. Havkin or his staff, but must tell you, other than him being busy and not able to sit and chat longer, I found him and his office staff very professional and would not have a problem recommending him. Almost every urologist I looked up had some negative comment posted against them. Maybe that is just from some crochady older people, or maybe just the business, but I will miss being his patient....unless I can find a way to pay a higher co-pay and continue being his patient. Thank you Dr. Havkin, you have my highest respect.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

The staff makes me feel like a number not a person. I call and get the typical " I'll call you back" and I'm the one that has to call back and follow-up. They got rid of one assistant but this new one isn't that good either !! Dr Havkin is great and truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Please, look to someone else listening is by far not his best asset. Dont seek information or ask intelligent questions from him on your treatment he will become annoyed. He will treat you as a lower class person. Find some one who will treat you as if you are the customer and are looking for knowledge and help look for someone who presents many options about your sitiuation.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

This was my 2nd visit with Dr. Havkin. He is thorough and listens intently. (What a breath of fresh air that is!) He explained everything very clearly. I am so grateful to find a doctor I trust.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

My best doctor, and I have a few. He is very patient orientated and caring. He found my prostate cancer tumor when it was still very small.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Two major issues - one is Dr Havkin takes multiple vacations a year and so appointments are often rescheduled and you have delays in having you ailment attended to. But the aspect of his practice that brought me to this site is his office staff, in particulate his gatekeeper Rhonda. She is so over the top you cease to get angry and you just have to laugh. If you happen to know the character Nurse Ratchid from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, imagine her on her worst day. If you don't though, I'll just say she is easily the most unsuited person to deal with the public (and especially people will illness) that I've ever encountered. Too bad, because the rest of the support staff there is great. But boy, that Rhonda - a real piece of work is she!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

His office dropped me like a hot potato once I lost my insurance. I offered to pay out of pocket, but my appointment was canceled and they have failed to return my calls. I'm very disappointed in Dr Havkins office after having been a patient there for over a year. Shame on you Dr Havkin and shame on your office.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Since I only have one kidney, i can't afford to make a mistake. Dr. Boris is an expert "shot" with the Lithotripper and Lazer "guns". He takes the time to explain what is going to happen, how he's going to make it happen and what all the options are. The vasectomy he gave me was about 1/2 the time of a haircut and less painful. Well educated, experience and ahead of "the curve". Returns phone calls and emails.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012