Dr. Rod Herchak

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rod Herchak

Dr. Herchak is excellent, he was recommended to me by an endodontist several years ago. Depth of experience and knowledge combined with warmth and amazing attention to detail. I think he can do anything you need, and I know he does cosmetic dentistry just as well as anyone else. Not only is he good, his tech/hygienist is very good as well. They're helpful, sympathetic, open to discussion, and I wouldn't want to go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I have been a patient of  Dr. Herchak for many years.   I recently saw him at Sierra Dental and am glad that I took the time to Google him and his current location.  Everyone that I dealt with at Sierra were wonderful.  The front desk staff are so friendly and helpful with my insurance.  They treated me like I am a very valued patient, and they just met me.  The dental hygienist that cleaned my teeth was very professional, friendly, thorough and gentle.  I would definitely look forward to future cleanings with her.   My X-rays showed a new cavity, and Dr. Herchak was able to do the filling right after my cleaning.  He gives the most  gentle needles ever!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr. Herchak has been my families dentist for the last 4 years. Before him, I hadn't been to a dentist for over 14 years because I was terrified of another dentist hurting me and doing work that didn't need to be done. Dr. Herchak has been honest, kind, and understanding of my fears and concerns. He doesn't make me feel pressured. Him and his team are very good at explaining things in a way that I understand and they take the time to treat me and my family like people not a secondary bank account. We are so glad we found him at Sierra Dental. The staff there are so thorough, respectful, and organized. A great big THANKS to Dr. Herchak and his wonderful Assistant Beverly. Ps. Please please please don't retire anytime soon :)

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Herchak has been my family's dentist for years. We are all very happy to continue our care with him at Sierra Dental.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I have seen Dr Herchak for 5 years and he is by far the best in Calgary. I'm Glad to have found him again at Sierra dental. Dr Herchak and Beverly a a great team.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Never again. I've gone to him for over 10 years & the last 2 experiences have been awful with this current one being horrific. He doesn't seem to be genuine any more.I had a cavity filled, it was awful, then the tooth behind it (which had nothing done to it except the needle for freezing) was excruciating & now needs a root canal. He shaved down a tooth which misaligned my jaw & has led to very serious issues. I used to sing his praises but I regret following him to the new clinic (Sierra) to have dental work done. (Even work he did years ago I have learned has been not good- crown doesn't fit- every time I have an x ray im reminded of how poorly this was done). I would caution anyone considering to have him work on you.

Submitted June 27, 2017

Do not waste your time and money on this Dentist Dr. Rod Herchak I saw him twice and never ever again I'am not intending to go to this Dentist He DESTROYED my healthy tooth, made a big hole on my tooth and seal after two weeks, the filling come out He suggest to do crown on this tooth, after I decide check on second opinion the tooth don't need crow. This Dr Herchak is unprofessional liar, He care about money not about people teeth, and watch when He freeze your tooth so He don't destroyed other tooth. I hope He never do to other people what He done to me and my tooth. He is dishonest, don't have empathy for other person, He is lack of ethical honesty, luck of communication skills, luck of compassion, not understanding patient, don't have professional appearance, luck of honesty and there more.

Submitted May 1, 2017

Absolutely unprofessional job was done for orthodontics (crown) for both me and my wife. After year my crown popped out and my wife's crown was not positioned properly therefore food keeps stucking in there. We consult two different doctor on this cases and they confirmed that job has been done absolutely unprofessionally. No compensation or even "sorry" was offered from Dr. Herchack. Guy certainly has enough for retire and just making "easy money" letting people struggle after his very expensive "help". DO NOT GO TO DR. HERCHAK, HE IS UNPROFESSIONAL LIAR !!!

Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr.H is the best! Although sometimes the front desk seems a little chaotic he is the only person who I have seen that actually cares about me as a person not as another countess face. He always explains what he is doing well he does it and is very gentle! He also whips out a few jokes and keeps up to date on pop culture. Very easy to talk to!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Do not go to this Dentist!! I have seen Dr. Herchak for years until a few weeks ago when I broke a tooth while on holidays. I ended up going to another Dentist to have the tooth fixed as I was away from home. While I was in the room with the other Dentist he called over his senior colleague to look at my teeth. The more senior Dentist was honest with me and he said he had never seen such horrible dental work. He said the filling I recently had done still had decay under it and the crown I did last year looked horrible. They asked if they could take more x-rays and from that they found several more cavities and advised me that I needed to have my crown replaced. When I got back to Calgary I paid and went to a different Dentist for a second opinion. The second opinion agreed with the Dentist's in BC. Disgusted that I now have to spend thousands to fix dental work that was just done in the past two years.

Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Rod Herchak's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Graduated from University of Alberta Faculty of Dentistry