Ratings for Dr. Robert Simpson

WIsh I could get another doctor. I believe I will be seeing a nurse practitioner from now on instead of him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Always felt welcome. This staff always try to make appointment whenever possible best for our schedule.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Simpson for about 16 years and for the most part we are very satisfied to have him as our family doctor. He is also my Mother-in-law's doctor. He treats us all with the utmost respect, and has sent us to Specialists when he wasn't sure about a condition or if the condition is not responding to treatment. Sometimes he can be in a bit of a rush due to his commitments as an Anesthesiologist at the Leamington Hospital, and that can be a little frustrating and we feel rushed, but other times he takes the time to answer all questions and have a friendly chat. We are pleased to have Dr. Simpson as our doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

By far the worst doctor I have ever encountered. He doesn't listen and is a sexist pig. He does not take women serious and he is very rude. I will never see him again nor would I recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

happy to have him as my family doctor no complaints helpful at all times

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Have him as my family doctor for many years. Over all a good doctor just a has always helped me when i needed him

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

If you are considering Dr. Simpson as a physician for ANY ailment, surgery, or treatment - please, keep these items in mind. 1. After prescribing his patient anti-anxiety medication, he thoughtlessly referred to a cyst as a possible "lymphoma", when it showed ample sings of being a cyst. Patient was inconsolable for days. 2. Often reminds his patients that he works 80hrs/week at the hospital and has very little time to focus. Perhaps he should give up his family practise. 3. Informed patient that her autistic son (also a patient for 10+ years) would be ineligible to collect Disability Benefits. After applying, there was no question that he was eligible. 4. Failed to act upon reports recognizing possiblly cancerous lung growths in a COPD patient. 6 months later, repeated test, and confirmed cancer. Window for "early treatment" is gone. 5. Months after his patient of 10+ years passed away, he carelessly asked patient's daughter about her well-being. Informed him that patient had passed.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

Dr. Simpson and his staff have always treated me extremely well. I could not ask for better or more professional care.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

treated an ankle injury for 2 years before exray, refused to give referal to sports injury specialist - the patient being a young girl dancer - accused the mother of being over acting to the situation -nurse told the patient " guess you won't be dancing again - the girl in a boot cast for 9 weeks now - just received an MRI on each ankle - went to Windsor for follow-up with DR. Jasey and found out the appt. was cancelled - they'll let us know when they have a opening.............very very discouraged

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

In regards to the previous post, Dr Simpson told me I was the only patient that have issues with him. I am hearing more and more often that others have the same feelings as we do, something is just not right with him and his demeanor is very poor. He has pushed several prescriptions on myself and my husband and insisted they must be taken. I should add that he insists a certain prescription will not harm me but every medical authority I have consulted tells me otherwise and to fight him on this or I will soon have liver issues. He does not listen and gets very upset when confronted regarding what he has told you on the last visit. I have had to bring other family along with me to my appointments to back me up. I am thinking about bringing a recorder in the room with me or making notes and having him sign them before I leave, another option is asking the nurse to sit in on the visits. It is very frustrating to be treated like this from a health professional.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011