Dr. Eric Hatashita

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric Hatashita

Dr. Hatashita is an exceptional family doctor who is knowledgeable, kind, caring and compassionate. He goes above and beyond to care for patients physically and mentally. He spends all the time necessary to discuss issues and really listens to the patient. I have trusted him for the last 15 years and referred him to others who have said the exact same. Excellent bedside manner that all GPs should strive towards. Thank you Dr. Hatashita!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2019

Best family doctor there is - really cares for his patients and is determined to make all solutions targeted / personal.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2018

You simply cannot find a better family doctor. Knowledgeable, passionate, great bedside manner, thorough and respectful. Crossed paths with Dr. H on what could well be described as one of the most troubling years of my life and he has been simply exceptional.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Dr. Hatashita has been my physician for over 5 years. Given my medical background I am comfortable in assessing his expertise as above the norm. He ably evaluates and treats my presenting problems where appropriate and refers me to specialists when he feels necessary His health care network is well developed and I have always been pleased with his referrals. Equally as important Dr. Hatashita is always available either in person or by email. I am never left to wait and am comfortable in contacting him at any time. A short time ago I required emergency hospitalization and was especially pleased to find Dr. H visited me within a few hours of being admitted. Dr. H is ably assisted by a capable nurse who who is equally responsive and committed to patient care. I am greatly appreciative of the medical expertise and dedication given by Dr. Hatashita and recommend him whenever the opportunity presents . Many thanks Dr. H.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr Eric Hatashita is the most thorough and intelligent medical professional I have encountered. He is caring, does extra research, and has found or suspected things no other doctor has identified historically. Best decision for our family - would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I was with Dr. Hatashita for 4 years while I lived in Toronto, and 2 years later I am still looking for someone comparable. Dr. Hatashita makes an effort to know his patients as individuals, and once personally called me back after I left a message with the unusually helpful receptionist, to follow up and make sure I was okay. Even after I told him I was moving, he went out of his way to make sure I could take my information with me to ensure I always had the best care I needed. He was respectful of my needs as a female patient (female nurse for more sensitive issues) and genuinely seeks continual improvement in his office. Dr. Hatashita seems no-nonsense and straightforward, but it is only because he refuses to compromise on your health and prioritizes his patients first.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Just the kind of doctor I need - fast, efficient and I leave with a solution or a path to one. A real pro.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Eric unnecessarily prescribes medication for everything instead of exploring alternatives. I injured my ankle and wanted him to refer me to a physiotherapist. Eric said it would be a waste of time and I should just take medication instead. I switched doctors and love my new one.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Eric Hatashita

Dr. Eric Hatashita's response
An unfortunate misinterpretation by the patient. I always give the patient the choice in these cases by saying that Physio (which I believe in) is time consuming and is like Dr's appointments twice a week and often not successful. If the patient is busy (which most of mine are) I also offer a trial of medication if they think the time burden of physio is too great. Often, my busy patients choose the medication. Unfortunately, this patient misinterpreted my words.

Submitted November 15, 2016

He is an amazing family doctor. He truly cares about his patients and has referred me to someof the best specialists in this city.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Hatashita for over 10 years and he has always been amazing. Really great listener, and never makes you feel rushed even though its usually a short appointment. I NEVER leave feeling like I didn't get the care I was seeking.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015