Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric Hatashita

Dr. Hatashita has been my physician for over 5 years. Given my medical background I am comfortable in assessing his expertise as above the norm. He ably evaluates and treats my presenting problems where appropriate and refers me to specialists when he feels necessary His health care network is well developed and I have always been pleased with his referrals. Equally as important Dr. Hatashita is always available either in person or by email. I am never left to wait and am comfortable in contacting him at any time. A short time ago I required emergency hospitalization and was especially pleased to find Dr. H visited me within a few hours of being admitted. Dr. H is ably assisted by a capable nurse who who is equally responsive and committed to patient care. I am greatly appreciative of the medical expertise and dedication given by Dr. Hatashita and recommend him whenever the opportunity presents . Many thanks Dr. H.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr Eric Hatashita is the most thorough and intelligent medical professional I have encountered. He is caring, does extra research, and has found or suspected things no other doctor has identified historically. Best decision for our family - would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I was with Dr. Hatashita for 4 years while I lived in Toronto, and 2 years later I am still looking for someone comparable. Dr. Hatashita makes an effort to know his patients as individuals, and once personally called me back after I left a message with the unusually helpful receptionist, to follow up and make sure I was okay. Even after I told him I was moving, he went out of his way to make sure I could take my information with me to ensure I always had the best care I needed. He was respectful of my needs as a female patient (female nurse for more sensitive issues) and genuinely seeks continual improvement in his office. Dr. Hatashita seems no-nonsense and straightforward, but it is only because he refuses to compromise on your health and prioritizes his patients first.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Just the kind of doctor I need - fast, efficient and I leave with a solution or a path to one. A real pro.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Eric unnecessarily prescribes medication for everything instead of exploring alternatives. I injured my ankle and wanted him to refer me to a physiotherapist. Eric said it would be a waste of time and I should just take medication instead. I switched doctors and love my new one.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Eric Hatashita's response
An unfortunate misinterpretation by the patient. I always give the patient the choice in these cases by saying that Physio (which I believe in) is time consuming and is like Dr's appointments twice a week and often not successful. If the patient is busy (which most of mine are) I also offer a trial of medication if they think the time burden of physio is too great. Often, my busy patients choose the medication. Unfortunately, this patient misinterpreted my words.

Submitted November 15, 2016

He is an amazing family doctor. He truly cares about his patients and has referred me to someof the best specialists in this city.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Hatashita for over 10 years and he has always been amazing. Really great listener, and never makes you feel rushed even though its usually a short appointment. I NEVER leave feeling like I didn't get the care I was seeking.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

I had been seeing Dr Hatashita for roughly 5 years, my sister-in-law who works in medicine recommended the clinic to me (one of two he practices at). Overall, it was a satisfactory experience, though, he often veered issues/inquiries I came in for to something else. For example, I have alignment issues and asked if he could recommend an osteopath, naturopath or acupuncturist. Instead, he spoke down on these alternatives and recommended I do ultrasounds, X-rays, physio and chiro. After 2 years of treatment and specialist appointments, the issue not only persisted, but worsened. Additionally, he prescribed anti-inflammatory pills which led me to feel lightheaded and cause numbness in my wrists. Often the appointments would feel rushed, he would insist virus infection shots nearly every time that I would have to forcefully decline, and he would sometimes have to "clarify" diagnosis with staff members. The last straw was when he charged me $50 for requesting blood work be sent to a naturopath, after telling me "naturopaths are not real doctors and you should not go to them". What's interesting, is that once I sought out acupuncture, osteopathy and naturopathy on my own, the alignment issues I had been experiencing for 3+ years became corrected. I have since changed clinics. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who is looking for well-rounded, comprehensive health advice and care.

Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Eric Hatashita's response
I know who this patient is. She is a very young, very demanding "entitled" person that doesn't understand how the medical office works. She came in briefly twice in 1 year and would would blame my staff and me for her non improvement even though she didn't follow my advice. She would demand by email inappropriate non medical referrals and would demand non medical services not covered by OHIP insurance to be done for free - for example a photocopy of years of test results, imaging, bloods etc to be couriered to a non medical person. My staff and I were always civil to her but happy when she left. Interestingly, she phoned 4 months after leaving and asked if she could rejoin my practice. I can only imagine what happened with her new Dr. I politely declined.

Submitted November 15, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Hatashita for over a decade and I am thankful every day that I ended up in his care. He is one of the kindest people you will ever meet in addition to being top in his field; a truly amazing doctor. He is thorough, open to different opinions on how you may want to treat something and always takes the time to listen to everything you want to discuss at an appointment. Dr. Hatashita's practice has moved three times since I started seeing him, and I've moved twice; no matter how far I am from his office I still continue to see him because he is the very best.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Hatashita discover that my son didn't have epilepsy as several doctors diagnostic. Doctor Hatashita discovered a cronic ear infection

Submitted February 13, 2015