You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Allan R. Slomovic

My name is Doug MacDonald. Dr. Slomovic has performed a corneal transplant on me. It was a complete success, thanks to his incredible skill at this procedure. The follow-up exams by him and his assistants have been very positive. Dr. Slomovic is a valued asset to Toronto Western Hospital. He respects his patients, and their feelings during stressful times.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Hi my name is Lina Falletta .(Morey) I Met dr. Slomovic about 24 years ago I was diagnosed with stevens-johnson syndrome at the age of 20. dr. Slomovic has been my doctor from the beginning. I believe without his professionalism and knowledge I would probably not be here today. he has shown me and my family nothing but courtesy and kindness from the beginning. I would recommend m to anybody that has problems with their eyes. he is very professional and I believe there is no other doctorwho knows more about the eyes than him.between dr.Slomovic and his staff I would rate them at the top of their profession so anybody out there who needs a doctor that can help them and give them knowledge of their problem I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Slomovic is a fantastic doctor, who gives his patients an excellent level of care. He listens to his patients and takes the time to answer your questions and is excellent at following up. I have spent the last year being perpetually and mysteriously busted, during which I have seen many doctors, Dr Slomovic is one of the best I have encountered. I actually look forward to him and his staff medicating my eyeballs.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I saw Dr. Slomovic at The Toronto Western Hospital and here is what I thought of my visit. The hospital is a very scary and confusing place! That being said once I found the office, things really turned up for me! His nurses (they might be technicians) were incredible! In particular I would like to say that the lovely asian woman who works in his office was incredible, she has a very calming influence. Next, on to Dr. Slomovic. He is a very professional and affective doctor. I was referred to Dr. Slomovic and I feel so lucky to have been pointed in the right direction finally after all these years of eye problems. Dr. Slomovic was patient, kind and understanding. really i was quite surprised to see all these negative comments. I couldn't disagree more.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Re the alleged “scam” post below, I would like to set the record straight: Clearly you don’t know the legal ramifications of what you are alleging; you are seriously in jeopardy of being sued, and sued successfully. Being verbally abusive to someone who has served this highly respected doctor with distinction is highly offensive. Your use of the term “triage” is nonsense, and out of context. It might help you to have a medical professional explain this to you. Post: “BE WARE! I GET THE FEELING THIS DOCTOR IS A SCAM. His secretary is a rude, inconsiderate woman, who doesn't even understand the term 'triage'”. I would like to comment on the inflammatory post below: I am sorry you feel that by being verbally abusive, which you were, that you are entitled to preferential treatment. Moreover, I can assure you neither Dr. Slomovic, personally, or his office, received any of the $700 you claim was paid. Eye surgery is a very delicate and complex process; professionally proven protocols have to be followed, or put more simply “Rome wasn’t built in a day!” An overbearing patient won’t be conducive to a good outcome. Some professional guidance on how to conduct yourself on matters like this in the future might be of benefit to you. Post: “I'm not impressed. Wasted a day on initial exam, another on extra tests in Mississauga, then called his horrible assistant for appointment, who hung up the phone on me. Tried calling a few weeks later (today - July 22) only to be told that my appointment had been cancelled - apparently by the Dr I was referred to by Slomovic! Now I'm out $700, I don't have a surgery date, and I have no desire to be a part of this circus.”

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Submitted July 22, 2015

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I suffer from a mysterious pain illness which followed refractive surgery. After my own surgeon failed to even attempt to help me, I was referred to Dr. Slomovic. While the good doctor Slomovic has not 'cured' me, he has tried everything on my behalf and continues to do so. He's a very busy doctor (given his expertise) but he makes you feel relaxed and your questions/opinions are respected. He doesn't give false hope, but he also doesn't give up on you. What more can you ask for? On the whole, he's a deep down good person, with an incredible knowledge set, and a profession that thankfully lets him practice both his education and his compassion.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr Slomovic saved my vision and life. In my early twenties I began to lose my vision. After seeing dozens of other opthamologosts to no avail Dr Slomovic came along when I needed him most. Dr Slomovic is at the top of his field for a reason. I have yet to meet another Doctor that has close to the technical skills he possesses coupled with such a great bedside manner. . With all the patients he sees each day I always feel my concerns and questions are heard and respnded to. His innovative stem cells research and transplant surgery literally allowed me to see the world around me again. The 1000s of hours he has spent developing this program in his free time is changing countless individuals lives into something they could never have imagined before meeting him. There is no better surgeon and even better person I would trust with mine or my loved on eyes.

Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Slomovic is an incredible doctor and an incredible person. He is patient and kind and changed my life. No one can truly understand how miserable ocular health issues are until they have experienced one, and Dr. Slomovic's treatment of my on going eye problems changed my life. He is incredibly knowledgeable and while the Western is a teaching hospital and there were doctors in the room that doctor Slomovic was talking to/teaching, I never felt like he was talking about me rather than to me as if I was my pathology or a number. Dr. Slomovic is also incredibly humble, I did a little reading about him prior to my appointment and discovered that not only is he an excellent surgeon and doctor but he's also studying new and innovative stem cell research. From all of that I expected him to be all bluster and self-righteousness, but i was pleasantly surpassed to find him charming, selfless, and humble. Also to those who commented on his billing, that is the opposite of my experience with him! Dr. Slomovic was incredibly sensitive to my financial status, and while he did explain to me that there were somethings that just couldn't be billed through OHIP (which quite frankly were not his fault!), we were able to work together to find a compromise with what i could afford

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr. Allan R. Slomovic's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name is Doug MacDonald. Dr. Slomovic has performed a corneal transplant on me. It was a complete success, thanks to his incredible skill at this procedure. T..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Hi my name is Lina Falletta .(Morey) I Met dr. Slomovic about 24 years ago I was diagnosed with stevens-johnson syndrome at the age of 20. dr. Slomovic has been..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Slomovic is a fantastic doctor, who gives his patients an excellent level of care. He listens to his patients and takes the time to answer your questions a..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Slomovic at The Toronto Western Hospital and here is what I thought of my visit. The hospital is a very scary and confusing place! That being said on..."

August 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Re the alleged “scam” post below, I would like to set the record straight: Clearly you don’t know the legal ramifications of what you are alleging; you are seri..."

August 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "BE WARE! I GET THE FEELING THIS DOCTOR IS A SCAM. His secretary is a rude, inconsiderate woman, who doesn't even understand the term 'triage' . "

July 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm not impressed. Wasted a day on initial exam, another on extra tests in Mississauga, then called his horrible assistant for appointment, who hung up the phon..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had cataract surgery in both eyes and am !ost pleased with the result...20/20 vision....after wearing glasses for the past 65 years."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I suffer from a mysterious pain illness which followed refractive surgery. After my own surgeon failed to even attempt to help me, I was referred to Dr. Slomovi..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Slomovic saved my vision and life. In my early twenties I began to lose my vision. After seeing dozens of other ophthalmologists to no avail Dr Slomovic came..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Slomovic saved my vision and life. In my early twenties I began to lose my vision. After seeing dozens of other opthamologosts to no avail Dr Slomovic came a..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Slomovic saved my vision and life. In my early twenties I began to lose my vision. After seeing dozens of other opthamologosts to no avail Dr Slomovic came ..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Slomovic is an incredible doctor and an incredible person. He is patient and kind and changed my life. No one can truly understand how miserable ocular heal..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Slomovic by a doctor who unwittingly damaged my left eye. In 20 years as his patient, he's been wonderful & has vastly improved my sight...."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Allan Slomovic is one of the worst doctors and human beings in the city of Toronto sadly to say.Had surgery in his Yonge Eglinton private Eye clinic and like o..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr slomovic is absolutely the finest doctor I have ever been treated by. his knowledge, gentility and bedside manner are superb! "

May 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Slomovic is one of the best doctors ive known, i have had plenty of doctors for different reasons in the past 10 years and he is by far one of the best. Ver..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Slomovic for over twenty years. He has two of my three corneal transplants. Without these I would be blind. I also have some comp..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Slomovic himself is incredibly knowledgeable and willing to solve the problem, however, his support staff are completely rude and unorganized. I have now h..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A very demanding doctor. Expects everyone to stop everything when he wants something. Very disrespectful to staff."

November 4, 2014
  • First Name changed from "" to "Allan R."

July 18, 2012
  • Specialty changed from "Surgeon" to "Ophthalmologist"

July 18, 2012