Ratings for Dr. Allan R. Slomovic

My name is Brittany Rumeo and Dr. Slomovic has been my doctor for over a year now ever since I was diagnosed with a corneal ulcer. Yesterday, March 29th at 9am, Dr. Slomovic performed a corneal transplant on me. I went for my post op today and all I have to say Dr. Slomovic has hands of gold as the operation went extremely well. Dr. Slomovic is an extremely kind, caring, considerate and compassionate person, all the things that a great doctor should be - not to mention he is an extremely intelligent man and very knowledgable in his field. There was never a doubt or fear in my mind as I knew I was in good hands. Thank you Dr. Slomovic and your staff and also a special thanks to team on the fourth floor.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Extremely unhelpful staff, offered no assistance whatsoever.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

My name is Doug MacDonald. Dr. Slomovic has performed a corneal transplant on me. It was a complete success, thanks to his incredible skill at this procedure. The follow-up exams by him and his assistants have been very positive. Dr. Slomovic is a valued asset to Toronto Western Hospital. He respects his patients, and their feelings during stressful times.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Hi my name is Lina Falletta .(Morey) I Met dr. Slomovic about 24 years ago I was diagnosed with stevens-johnson syndrome at the age of 20. dr. Slomovic has been my doctor from the beginning. I believe without his professionalism and knowledge I would probably not be here today. he has shown me and my family nothing but courtesy and kindness from the beginning. I would recommend m to anybody that has problems with their eyes. he is very professional and I believe there is no other doctorwho knows more about the eyes than him.between dr.Slomovic and his staff I would rate them at the top of their profession so anybody out there who needs a doctor that can help them and give them knowledge of their problem I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Slomovic is a fantastic doctor, who gives his patients an excellent level of care. He listens to his patients and takes the time to answer your questions and is excellent at following up. I have spent the last year being perpetually and mysteriously busted, during which I have seen many doctors, Dr Slomovic is one of the best I have encountered. I actually look forward to him and his staff medicating my eyeballs.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I saw Dr. Slomovic at The Toronto Western Hospital and here is what I thought of my visit. The hospital is a very scary and confusing place! That being said once I found the office, things really turned up for me! His nurses (they might be technicians) were incredible! In particular I would like to say that the lovely asian woman who works in his office was incredible, she has a very calming influence. Next, on to Dr. Slomovic. He is a very professional and affective doctor. I was referred to Dr. Slomovic and I feel so lucky to have been pointed in the right direction finally after all these years of eye problems. Dr. Slomovic was patient, kind and understanding. really i was quite surprised to see all these negative comments. I couldn't disagree more.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Re the alleged “scam” post below, I would like to set the record straight: Clearly you don’t know the legal ramifications of what you are alleging; you are seriously in jeopardy of being sued, and sued successfully. Being verbally abusive to someone who has served this highly respected doctor with distinction is highly offensive. Your use of the term “triage” is nonsense, and out of context. It might help you to have a medical professional explain this to you. Post: “BE WARE! I GET THE FEELING THIS DOCTOR IS A SCAM. His secretary is a rude, inconsiderate woman, who doesn't even understand the term 'triage'”. I would like to comment on the inflammatory post below: I am sorry you feel that by being verbally abusive, which you were, that you are entitled to preferential treatment. Moreover, I can assure you neither Dr. Slomovic, personally, or his office, received any of the $700 you claim was paid. Eye surgery is a very delicate and complex process; professionally proven protocols have to be followed, or put more simply “Rome wasn’t built in a day!” An overbearing patient won’t be conducive to a good outcome. Some professional guidance on how to conduct yourself on matters like this in the future might be of benefit to you. Post: “I'm not impressed. Wasted a day on initial exam, another on extra tests in Mississauga, then called his horrible assistant for appointment, who hung up the phone on me. Tried calling a few weeks later (today - July 22) only to be told that my appointment had been cancelled - apparently by the Dr I was referred to by Slomovic! Now I'm out $700, I don't have a surgery date, and I have no desire to be a part of this circus.”

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Submitted July 22, 2015

I had cataract surgery in both eyes and am !ost pleased with the result...20/20 vision....after wearing glasses for the past 65 years.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I suffer from a mysterious pain illness which followed refractive surgery. After my own surgeon failed to even attempt to help me, I was referred to Dr. Slomovic. While the good doctor Slomovic has not 'cured' me, he has tried everything on my behalf and continues to do so. He's a very busy doctor (given his expertise) but he makes you feel relaxed and your questions/opinions are respected. He doesn't give false hope, but he also doesn't give up on you. What more can you ask for? On the whole, he's a deep down good person, with an incredible knowledge set, and a profession that thankfully lets him practice both his education and his compassion.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015