Ratings for Dr. S. Blake Kelly

Dr. Kelly and Kari, his APRN are wonderful! Dr. Kelly got me all figured out in the beginning. I had been suffering for so long, I thought my life was over. Dr. Kelly was so caring and kind - you could tell he actually cared about his patients. He turned me over to Kari after about six months and she hasn't missed a beat. It has been over four years now. I have a life now. I can help around the house. I can go to family functions that I couldn't go to for several years. Life is good now, thanks to everyone at the Oklahoma Pain Center - Dr. S. Blake Kelly and Kari Stewart APRN!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Great experience. Dr. Kelly and his staff are top notch.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

The Staff & Helpfulness rating are higher due to 1 outstanding nurse. He was caring yet professional. They do their best to get you in & out, & that is super important for us pain patients. My problem was: I began to dread every appointment for several reasons. #1 - Dr. Kelly often smirked while I opened up about my pain, BUT more importantly, EVERY time I spoke his head was down, & it was obvious by his next words that he had not listened to ONE thing I had just said. He just doesn't listen. PERIOD. I stayed for a long time out of fear. When I heard from professionals that patients feel unheard a lot, I got the courage to leave. I stayed due to a mild "threat" (I feel that it was an intimidation tactic) that if I left, I would be labeled a "shopper," & if I asked for a specific medication (even if I had taken it before & it helped me), they would NOT give THAT medication to me/you, which kind of eliminates the "discussion" portion of the visit & helps them keep the machine running, so they can have those 5 stars under punctuality. It's very counter-productive when you cannot actually ASK for a medication that helped you if you had to stop taking it for any reason (be it insurance changes, a financial burden, a medical issue, etc.). I need a doctor who can put two and two together. He had me on Methadone for over a year, and he could not see what it was doing to me, and I didn't know it was the methadone until I got off of it, and he provided no support during two times that I took myself off of powerful drugs like these that wreak havoc on the body/mind/soul. This is terrible form on his part. He should have been able to make this observation. In my journey, it seems like they started me out on such a HUGE amount of painkiller (yes, narcotic), then insurance issues happened to me, & I had changes to my medication, I was then put on dirty awful drugs. My body has been through so much. Then he turned & acted like I had become "physically" dependent on it when HE was the one who put me on these regimens to begin with, which makes you wonder what he is even doing or thinking, but he doesn't tell you, and you're stuck in a corner because you kind of aren't allowed to speak & won't be heard when you do, anyway. It got to where I was trying to speak so much, I think then he got really irritated. A vicious cycle where only the patient is to blame. It never seemed to occur to the doctor that he could write me a smaller script to help me ease into a new journey, which I really want & tried to show in so many ways despite my pain. I sacrificed months of pain to try to prove this to him, in fact. I'm sure he thinks he tried everything with me. The problem is he never seemed to factor in how MUCH it took out of my body to keep making these changes...bodies are not machines. These are OUR vehicles that get us through LIFE! We ARE the patient, and they are supposed to LISTEN to us first and foremost, but the bottom line is that NO MATTER what drugs they throw at you, if they aren't LISTENING, then they aren't serving your ultimate needs (or their own). Mine was simple: I wanted to be able to help my family, lead the most normal life possible, get up and move and do household chores through a day without it causing me so much pain I have to stop and cannot go on feeling prisoner to my body. I still don't think he knows that. He never asked the right questions - he asked the same question every visit "How are you taking your Topamax?" Really?? EVERY MONTH?! Did he even remember me? I basically felt invisible and unimportant. I felt of no value - possibly because I wasn't bringing in much money for them. I don't know and never will because I asked him before I made the decision to leave, and he ignored me. I will never be treated the way I was that last visit - I did not get an appointment that day. What I did get that day - about two minutes of his time; that day - I cried and begged for his time, and he never sat down, he just stood over me, giving me, for all intents & purposes, a blank piece of paper (a prescription they and I knew would not go through my insurance because it was their 4th attempt at writing it). That day - I got a wake up call. That day - I felt shame & humiliation I should not have. I am at a loss. I've never had a bad urine sample, was an "A" patient according to Dr. Kelly, & all that had happened was I cancelled an appt because of a family tragedy... what anyone with a heart would do, pain or no pain. He must come to his own conclusions about people, & he's a pain doctor, not a psychiatrist, spiritual counselor or mind reader. It's a feeling I cannot explain, & he's not going to explain it to you, so don't bother asking. I was with them for 9 years. I hope this does not get deleted, and it helps someone out there. Thank you.

Submitted September 26, 2016

I have had a great experience since using the clinic. The doctors seem to be caring individuals and I have been treated with respect. I always try to arrive a little early and have always gotten in to be seen in a timely manner. I consider both the staff, ARPN-CPNs, and physicians to be knowledgeable and willing to work with any problem you may have.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

This is the worst place for pain management. God forbid you disagree with them. They just dismiss you as a patient. This office is run by a bunch of idiots. I'm glad they are being investigated by the DEA now. I hope they are shut down. No one deserves to be treated the way they treat their patients.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Don't wait your time at this clinic! It's horrible!!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

What seemed to be a potentially helpful situation turned into something completely different. I was a patient of Kelly Pain Management for over a year. During that time I was also years into a Disability case that had been denied a couple of times. At one point they told me I failed the drug test because of street drugs. Thing is, I wasn't using street drugs. He was going to fire me then, but when I told him I had used a Vick's inhaler for my sinuses, he said that could have had an affect. I then had surgery on 3 levels of my neck. Two discs replaced and one fusion. On my first visit back to the office afterward I was so excited to tell them how much better I was doing when the PA entered the room and told me Dr. Kelly was disappointed with me because I had again failed my drug test due to street drugs. I left and paid for a HAIR FOLLICLE test, which I obviously passed. He didn't care...he still fired me. In my Disability hearing, Kelly's notes closed it with a huge DENIAL.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

This office claims I failed a drug test and "fired" me without testing me a second time (claiming I failed for street drugs and did NOT fail for my prescriptions). I had been a patient there over 4 years, never having a problem. I immediately left and bought a CVS 12-panel test and passed it as I should considering the medication I am prescribed. I have spent thousands with this office and have always had issues with timelinesss of my prior authorizations as well as the staff continually treating patients rudely, never returning phone calls and consistently being hateful. The doctor pushed me off on a ARNP after the first few visits... My pain was being managed however I am now left with nothing. I can't even get a response to an email, and after all this time?!? They treat their patients like crap because the industry allows them to dismiss them as they see fit, they abuse the system and use it to their advantage. Do NOT use this office. I am not going down without a fight

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I have been a patient at Oklahoma Pain Center with Dr. Blake Kelly and Stacy Torres APRN for over 2 years and I have never never had a problem with either the Dr. or staff, they have always been very friendly, helpful and nothing but professional, I have gone from 8-10 pain pills a day to 4-5 extened release which was great for me to be able to stop taking so much pain meds, Dr. Kelly sat and talked with me and listened to me offered lots of advice ,was concerned about me and my physical and emotional health, I am very Blessed to have been referred here and I am very happy with my Dr. and the staff ,Thanks

Submitted July 3, 2013

I am a nurse with a bachelor's degree and 20 years experience. This practice is way too big. You will see a physician your first visit - then 'other' staff there after. Good luck getting Triage to call you back. They take pride in firing patients. The PA was bragging that he had 'fired' 4 patients the day I was seen. I was a patient for an extended period of time - but because of their policies and weekly DEA meetings - they have lost sight of patient rights - and look more to cover their practice and appease the FED more than Patients or some level of understanding.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Dr. S. Blake Kelly's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Guardian