You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Douglas Waterman

When I was very young in Victoria Dr. Waterman agreed to deliver my daughter even though I was due to deliver any day. He was kind and knowledgeable. With an anxiety disorder it is hard sometimes to cope well. Dr. Waterman helped me through. This was 30 years ago, and I still remember his kindness.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

I recently went to see Dr. Waterman again, and he was as friendly and understanding as I remember him being about 10 yrs ago. He spent the time to explain options to me, listened to my questions and comments without any judgment, just with lots of understanding and care for me as a patient. I'm glad that my family dr. referred me to him again, and I have full trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

A great dr. We clicked instantly. I really need to deliver early and really should have a c section. He was the only dr at royal Columbian with enough brains and common sense to agree to it. I came in one day with a problem, he solved it real quick. He always takes the time to talk to me. I don't always get along with everyone, but I can get along with him. If something's wrong , he's right there. Just like any good dr should be.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

It has taken me a while to be able to even comment, my experience with my labour and delivery with Dr Waterman was traumatic. He treated me horribly, spoke to both me and my husband like we were an inconvenience, he lost his cool, was blunt, rude and insulting. He berated me for my age, for my health decisions and for being informed about my body, baby and birthing choices. He was the on call Dr when I had the unfortunate luck of being at the hospital for a routine test, he wanted to take me for surgery immediately, without even knowing anything about my medical history... I wanted a natural and noninvasive labour- I got a know it all who clearly knew nothing about newer stats and options. When I finally conceded to having an emergency cesarean, he said " I told you this would happen, you wasted my time" and then when I requested to have the drape removed or lowered and have immediate skin to skin he rolled his eyes, raised his voice and said "you will have your cod to hold for the rest of your life, this is my time, all I need is 30 minutes, this is not about you". There was eye rolling and judgement... I do not understand how this man is allowed to work with women and based on other reviews I have read, I question the hospital and the college of physicians and surgeons for not investigating his methods and his attitude. To add insult to injury, he never checked on me following surgery, never signed my forms to leave the hospital and I ended up with a massive iguanal hernia from my cesarean. This man should've forced to retire.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

I had two d&c surgeries for endo and he was considerate and informative.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr. Waterman is a very knowledgeable, skilled and caring professional. He performed a hysterectomy along with anterior and posterior repair for me, and he did top quality work. I had no complications and recovered very well. The surgery was successful in every way, and I had received all the required information and support. I'm deeply grateful, and recommend this doctor very much.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Very Kind, explained everything and even handled my emotional breakdown and 200 questions thanks to google all in stride, made me feel completely comfortable prior to starting my in office procedure. Went through all of my options with me and help me to decide on a course of action that I was comfortable with.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Worst possible surgeon a woman can encounter. I was a repeat c section, he rush through the surgery and didn't wait till my baby was clean to start roughly cleaning my uterus, I was utterly scare as I had a bad experience with the previous c section where the spinal wore off mid surgery. He then jam his hand inside me and yank forcefully and threatened to leave me on the table. I yelled out in pain and then he barked at the staff around saying he can't work like this with me winching and making so much noise. Looking back, with the other two delivery which was done at another hospital, they always hand me the baby before the rough cleaning happen. I was just shock at the level of disregard and down right plain roughness I had to suffer.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Waterman for approximately 20 years and I've always been treated well by him and his staff. He is courteous, professional, and has a good sense of humour. He has performed several surgical procedures on me and recently removed both of my ovaries without any complications - I was amazed at how quick the recovery was! I am happy to have a Gynecologist who cares so much about his patients!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. waterman took out a benign tumor from my uterus when I was 28. I was worried I would never have children but he assured me he was careful not to touch the lining. He was right, I had a beautiful boy when I was 31 whom he delivered naturally. I was in labour for 48 hours and pushed for 4 and finally he came out. Normally they would have done a C-section but he knew I was extremely dead set against having one, and because the baby wasn't in distress he allowed me to give birth naturally. He is direct, with a good sense of humour, professional and knowledgable. I am happy with his dedication to the profession.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr. Douglas Waterman's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I was very young in Victoria Dr. Waterman agreed to deliver my daughter even though I was due to deliver any day. He was kind and knowledgeable. With an ..."

January 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is a self-absorbed egomaniac. In October 1988, at the Calgary Foothills hospital, he was assisting Dr. R. Wintemute in the O.R. Dr. Wintemute and Dr. Waterma..."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently went to see Dr. Waterman again, and he was as friendly and understanding as I remember him being about 10 yrs ago. He spent the time to explain opti..."

October 31, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "A great dr. We clicked instantly. I really need to deliver early and really should have a c section. He was the only dr at royal Columbian with enough brains an..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It has taken me a while to be able to even comment, my experience with my labour and delivery with Dr Waterman was traumatic. He treated me horribly, spoke to b..."

September 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had two d&c surgeries for endo and he was considerate and informative. "

July 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Waterman is a very knowledgeable, skilled and caring professional. He performed a hysterectomy along with anterior and posterior repair for me, and he did ..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very Kind, explained everything and even handled my emotional breakdown and 200 questions thanks to google all in stride, made me feel completely comfortable pr..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst possible surgeon a woman can encounter. I was a repeat c section, he rush through the surgery and didn't wait till my baby was clean to start roughly clea..."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Waterman for approximately 20 years and I've always been treated well by him and his staff. He is courteous, professional, and has a good..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. waterman took out a benign tumor from my uterus when I was 28. I was worried I would never have children but he assured me he was careful not to touch the ..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I think Dr. Waterman is the bomb, he is informative without talking over my head, he is professional without being stiff and friendly without being over friendl..."

November 30, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I showed up for my appointment, only to find out that they made an error with the timing for my appointment, and therefore had to wait for 45 minutes. The recep..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "just great did surgery on me was willing to see me when I needed his help to understand wats happening"

September 24, 2014