Ratings for Dr. Douglas Waterman

knowlegable, helpful.a little condencending. Miserable staff..Rude

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Within the past year dr waterman has performed two surgeries on me. He, at all times, was caring, patient and spent the necessary time explaining my surgeries in great detail and answered any questions. One of the things I so appreciated was never negating how I was feeling and genuinely listening. His resident was in his office during one of my appointments and advised the resident that it's important to always listen to her patient because the patient knows her body and knows if something can be wrong even if tests don't support how she feels. I was so impressed because surgeons have a reputation of dismissing the opinions of patients. I am so thankful my family doctor recommended him and would only recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Disrespectful and sell absorbed felt very uncomfortable and felt he had a general dislike for women. Told me I was obese which I found amusing considering I work out almost everyday. His attitude was very arrogant

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

My overall experience with this Dr was very good and the procedure that I had also went quite well.so for my rating about this doctor was two thumbs up

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Finally a doctor who genuinely cares. He's very personal and kind .

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

When I was very young in Victoria Dr. Waterman agreed to deliver my daughter even though I was due to deliver any day. He was kind and knowledgeable. With an anxiety disorder it is hard sometimes to cope well. Dr. Waterman helped me through. This was 30 years ago, and I still remember his kindness.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

I recently went to see Dr. Waterman again, and he was as friendly and understanding as I remember him being about 10 yrs ago. He spent the time to explain options to me, listened to my questions and comments without any judgment, just with lots of understanding and care for me as a patient. I'm glad that my family dr. referred me to him again, and I have full trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

A great dr. We clicked instantly. I really need to deliver early and really should have a c section. He was the only dr at royal Columbian with enough brains and common sense to agree to it. I came in one day with a problem, he solved it real quick. He always takes the time to talk to me. I don't always get along with everyone, but I can get along with him. If something's wrong , he's right there. Just like any good dr should be.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

It has taken me a while to be able to even comment, my experience with my labour and delivery with Dr Waterman was traumatic. He treated me horribly, spoke to both me and my husband like we were an inconvenience, he lost his cool, was blunt, rude and insulting. He berated me for my age, for my health decisions and for being informed about my body, baby and birthing choices. He was the on call Dr when I had the unfortunate luck of being at the hospital for a routine test, he wanted to take me for surgery immediately, without even knowing anything about my medical history... I wanted a natural and noninvasive labour- I got a know it all who clearly knew nothing about newer stats and options. When I finally conceded to having an emergency cesarean, he said " I told you this would happen, you wasted my time" and then when I requested to have the drape removed or lowered and have immediate skin to skin he rolled his eyes, raised his voice and said "you will have your cod to hold for the rest of your life, this is my time, all I need is 30 minutes, this is not about you". There was eye rolling and judgement... I do not understand how this man is allowed to work with women and based on other reviews I have read, I question the hospital and the college of physicians and surgeons for not investigating his methods and his attitude. To add insult to injury, he never checked on me following surgery, never signed my forms to leave the hospital and I ended up with a massive iguanal hernia from my cesarean. This man should've forced to retire.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

I had two d&c surgeries for endo and he was considerate and informative.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015