Ratings for Dr. Douglas Waterman

Disrespectful and sell absorbed felt very uncomfortable and felt he had a general dislike for women. Told me I was obese which I found amusing considering I work out almost everyday. His attitude was very arrogant

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

My overall experience with this Dr was very good and the procedure that I had also went quite well.so for my rating about this doctor was two thumbs up

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Finally a doctor who genuinely cares. He's very personal and kind .

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

When I was very young in Victoria Dr. Waterman agreed to deliver my daughter even though I was due to deliver any day. He was kind and knowledgeable. With an anxiety disorder it is hard sometimes to cope well. Dr. Waterman helped me through. This was 30 years ago, and I still remember his kindness.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

I recently went to see Dr. Waterman again, and he was as friendly and understanding as I remember him being about 10 yrs ago. He spent the time to explain options to me, listened to my questions and comments without any judgment, just with lots of understanding and care for me as a patient. I'm glad that my family dr. referred me to him again, and I have full trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

A great dr. We clicked instantly. I really need to deliver early and really should have a c section. He was the only dr at royal Columbian with enough brains and common sense to agree to it. I came in one day with a problem, he solved it real quick. He always takes the time to talk to me. I don't always get along with everyone, but I can get along with him. If something's wrong , he's right there. Just like any good dr should be.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

It has taken me a while to be able to even comment, my experience with my labour and delivery with Dr Waterman was traumatic. He treated me horribly, spoke to both me and my husband like we were an inconvenience, he lost his cool, was blunt, rude and insulting. He berated me for my age, for my health decisions and for being informed about my body, baby and birthing choices. He was the on call Dr when I had the unfortunate luck of being at the hospital for a routine test, he wanted to take me for surgery immediately, without even knowing anything about my medical history... I wanted a natural and noninvasive labour- I got a know it all who clearly knew nothing about newer stats and options. When I finally conceded to having an emergency cesarean, he said " I told you this would happen, you wasted my time" and then when I requested to have the drape removed or lowered and have immediate skin to skin he rolled his eyes, raised his voice and said "you will have your cod to hold for the rest of your life, this is my time, all I need is 30 minutes, this is not about you". There was eye rolling and judgement... I do not understand how this man is allowed to work with women and based on other reviews I have read, I question the hospital and the college of physicians and surgeons for not investigating his methods and his attitude. To add insult to injury, he never checked on me following surgery, never signed my forms to leave the hospital and I ended up with a massive iguanal hernia from my cesarean. This man should've forced to retire.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

I had two d&c surgeries for endo and he was considerate and informative.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr. Waterman is a very knowledgeable, skilled and caring professional. He performed a hysterectomy along with anterior and posterior repair for me, and he did top quality work. I had no complications and recovered very well. The surgery was successful in every way, and I had received all the required information and support. I'm deeply grateful, and recommend this doctor very much.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Very Kind, explained everything and even handled my emotional breakdown and 200 questions thanks to google all in stride, made me feel completely comfortable prior to starting my in office procedure. Went through all of my options with me and help me to decide on a course of action that I was comfortable with.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015