Ratings for Dr. Shamsa Saleem

Well Dr. Saleem is the worst of the worst. She took x-rays of me for 5 yrs and refused to send me to a specialist even knowing i had a pre existing shoulder condition. It turns out by the time i got to a specialist i needed emergency surgery, she also put me on meds that a heart patient shouldnt be on and took all kinds of unnecessary tests every time i went in. She likes to charge up medicare, beware dr. Dr. Saleem is a fraud!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

I saw Dr. Saleem for for over 5 years and was never happy with the visit. However, she was nearby and I had two young kids at the time, so i stuck with her until last year. Once she tried to put me on meds BEFORE even testing me and another she hooked me up to an Asthma machine right in her office and I don't have asthma! i wouldn't breathe in and she kept walking by and saying BREATHE IN DEEPLY. Next visit she was out, and the other doctor asked me why are you on asthma meds? you don't have asthma! Other times she refused to give me antibiotics I told her i don't have bad reaction to. NOT RECOMMENDED.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

I liked her as a doctor, but when I had a growth on my neck, she kept freezing it off (multiple times). I finally joined a health insurance that let me go directly to a dermatologist and discovered it was skin cancer that had spread due to incomplete freezing. Needs to recommend patients with needs beyond her ability to specialists.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2006

Dr. Saleem is awesome - she really cares about her patients and is very easy for the kids to talk to. She has children herself so she knows and understands the questions parents have. I recommend her very highly. We inherited Dr. Saleem when our prior pediatrician moved out of state and she took over his patients - I was concerned at the time but after meeting her the first time I knew we would hit it off. Her nursing staff is very good - we love nurse Anna!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2005

Very personable and knowledgeable. Office is Hell on Earth. You will have to wade through a sea of receptionists, medical assistants, LVNs, and PAs before you ever get to see her.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2005

Dr. Shamsa Saleem's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)