Ratings for Dr. P.J. Swarts

I've been seeing Dr Swarts for the last 5 years and have been very happy. He is always willing to listen and discuss treatments and options. If he's not sure, he doesn't hesitate to have you see a specialist. One thing I found is they have their own go to specialists and if you want to see someone of your choice you have to be pretty persistent. Other than that, he's a great doc and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

This is the most frustrating walk in clinic I have ever been to. Several times I've been where they are closed early or not open in the morning when they are supposed to be. They need to learn how to schedule better. Today I had an appt to see another Dr but when I got there he was gone and I had to wait 20 mins to see Dr Swarts. He was abrupt and abrasive from the start. He should not be taking it out on the patients for the bad scheduling there. He then informed me he didn't have enough time to discuss my issue and that I needed to go see my family dr. There were many reasons I came to a walk in clinic instead today. But he didn't have the courtesy to listen. All of our time is valuable - he needs to realize that and act accordingly. If you can't go see a Dr at a walk in clinic for pain - where do you go? Shame on him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

A great Doctor who spends time with you to explain the diagnosis and treatments in terms we can understand. I highly recommend Dr Swartz.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr Swarts is a brilliant doctor! He is very knowledgeable in a lot of areas of medicine but if he doesn't know, he will not hesitate to send you to a specialist, who may know better! Dr Swarts will give you a no "BS" account if you persist in poor eating/lifestyle habits and Dr Swarts will praise you highly for every effort you make to change for the better! I got a High 5 for quitting smoking, a scolding when I started back smoking after 7 months and told it was a stupid thing to do... (and it was). Then another high 5 for losing 25 lbs on KETO food choices. Bloodtests, YES... Dr Swarts will validate his theory with follow up and it is your responsibility to make that appointment with him! This medical clinic is very busy! I would rather go to the BUSIEST Medical Clinic and wait to see the BEST Doctor in the city, then go to the least busy and get in to see the least favorable Doctor! His staff is pretty much top notch but can be somewhat abrupt but I they are very busy and under a lot of pressure to keep everyone happy. Despite there being only a few people in the waiting room, 90% of them are at the Tim Horton's waiting their time. You can now book same day appts and if you will see any Dr in the Easthill Clinic you will get in much sooner. The receptionists are pretty good about giving you accurate wait times. Make a healthy choice with Dr Swarts...

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Dr. Swarts has been my family physician for 13 years. Most times he is friendly and helpful, other times he might be somewhat pre-occupied but, let's face it, he's a very busy doctor and he's human, we all have "those days". He has sent me to specialists when he feels I need to and has done referrals that I have asked for. he is very knowledgeable in current medications and very thorough in physical exams and when requesting bldwk. I don't refer people to him because he is busy enough and I don't want to have to wait longer to see him lol

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Doctor. Okay. I guess he passed something. I don't want to day much until I confront him personally, But he is not much of a Doctor I would say, does not listen Or I don't know but didn't take my condition serious enough and now I goin to pay for it for a long or really rest of my life. I will be back to completely fill in what happen but need to let him know first. Thanks.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I wasn't impressed. He Actually told me he didn't have time to answer a question I had when I waited two and a half hours for not even a five minute consult. Doctors are paid by the half hour increments I think? from government or maybe some can bill for fifteen minutes visits? so answering my question shouldn't have been brushed off since I was literally with him for five minutes so he owed me (or the government) still ten minutes he's getting paid for my billing visit. A bit arrogant to say the least. Despite it being his clinic I think, I would rather wait longer to see his peers Grundling or Kendall as they actually give you ten minutes of the fifteen being billed, or at least eye contact! I think Swartz would probably give you more time of day at his other practice -aesthetics, as that is probably closer to his heart...not patient but money focused.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr Swarts is a great doctor. His staff is alright but can be somewhat abrupt and rude, but I just assume they're busy and under a lot of pressure to keep things running smoothly with having a few different doctors. They are pretty good about telling you wait times, but you usually wait longer. That is okay with me though. I think they need to take as long as they need to rather than rushing people in and out the door just to make sure you're seen exactly on time. I'll wait to see a good doctor. He is very caring and wants to do whatever he can to help. I came to Red Deer with very little for resources and he was one of the few doctors taking new patients. I was terrified as I had a great doctor before I moved here and I dont do well starting over. I do wish they were a smaller clinic, but this isn't a small town like I'm used to. Its quite busy and overwhelming. But that isn't really their fault. People need doctors. He really has tried to pull out all the stops for me and now finally things seem to be going better.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Great doctor, Staff is amazing. Always friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr Swartz is very easy to talk to and I never feel rushed. I highly recommend him as he can explain things to you so you will understand! Thanks Dr Swartz

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014