Ratings for Dr. Elaine Atkinson

Other than the fact that she was always running behind schedule I have no complaints about Dr. Atkinsons care over the many years she was my doctor. Posters are complaining because she became ill and unavailable, moved, and then retired on disability? Nice.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Imposed By College Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Effective Date Expiry Date Status member 01 Aug 2014 Active As from August 1, 2014, the following is imposed as a term, condition and limitation on the certificate of registration held by Dr. Elaine Louise Atkinson, in accordance with an undertaking and consent given by Dr. Atkinson to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario: Dr. Atkinson has voluntarily ceased to practise medicine in all jurisdictions.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

My doctor for almost 20 years. Dr Atkinson has always been very personable, and helpful. She spends a lot of time with me dealing with anything I ask her, etc. She did change her place of practice twice during the time I have been with her, and in 2012 she was not available for much of the year, which later, I learned, was due to her serious illness, which she had to take off time to recover. She is a very busy doctor, and as with all doctors, one must be sure to talk to her about anything that you might need because otherwise they might get missed. Simply a matter of time. Yes sometimes you have to wait, but that seems to be the case with most doctors.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

let me get this straight.2 days b4 appt. we get call from staff saying find a new dr. we havent heard from her in a month. we find a new dr. guess what? within a few months she's up and running somewhere else.I have NEVER been so disappointed in a physician in my life. luckily, we have found a wonderful and extremely competent new physician.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Dr.Atkinson has been absolutely fantastic, I couldnt ask for a better GP. Only issue is she's dropped off the face of the planet at the moment and I dont know if I need to be looking for another doc or not. Does anyone know if this is permanent? I cant get any information from anyone.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

Absolutely love Dr. Atkinson!!! Myself and my children see her and have always felt like we were getting the best advice/treatment available!! Very personable and easy to talk to!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

I found this doctor's new staff to be very pushy in that they don't listen to why you want to see the doctor, they try to tell you what you need done which is none of their business. The wait in this office is anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. As above the staff is unhelpful and the Doctor seems to listen to the staff, not the patient so therefore I find her unhelpful as well. The doctor is knowledgeable if you can get past the staff and get in to see her.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Very grateful she was available for me and my girls. I think not only is she professional, kind, understanding and knowledgable, she is funny and makes me feel comfortable with her as a doctor and friend if I need one.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Just wondering if it is her staff and herself on here making these ratings....I will not put the reasons I believe she is a poor physician on here as I heard she bullies you if you don't rate her well...I am hoping to find a new doctor this week.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr. Atkinson is the best doctor I have ever had. She is kind, friendly and funny while also being very informative and helpful with any questions or concerns I may have.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Dr. Elaine Atkinson's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1991)

Oxford