Ratings for Dr. Robert D. Cole

Dr. Cole is one of the best Doctors in the City, no question. His knowledge is second to none. He has a great reputation around the city and many other doctors respect him, therefore he can get you in to any specialist likely before many other doctors. You should consider yourself lucky if you are his patient. I see many people complaining that he rushes them out of the office. Perhaps you should consider mentioning all of your issues on the phone to the receptionist when booking your appointment. That way she can book you the appropriate time to see him so you are not continually bringing up 10 issues when you only booked in for one. Just a thought! Consider that before you jump on the internet to complain without any consideration to how busy and reputable this man is.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I, my wife, and children were patients of Dr. Cole since 1989. We would not have stayed with him if he was not knowledgeable and helpful. He is straightforward and truthful. He does not sugarcoat situations. He will tell you exactly what to do to get better or to continue living. He is just excellent.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. Robert Cole was a complete joke. bedside manner was terrible. Didn't care about my backstory or why i wanted a prescription. I asked to be weened off of clonazepam to not go through withdrawal. Had absolutely no compassion and basically called me a drug addict. Even though I had my past prescription info on hand to show him. He basically wanted to cut me off cold turkey which is super unprofessional as cutting me off cold turkey can result in seizures and even more anxiety. I highly recommend you do not see this doctor if you are looking for someone who actually cares about a persons mental wellbeing. As he will inconsequentially reject and shame you.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr Coles for 10 years. Good doctor until I missed an AM Monday appt cause was offered a job on a Saturday and since Dr Coles office doesn't take voicemails, I couldn't cancel 24 hours prior to my appt. I rescheduled and upon going to receive lung test results and a follow up for newly diagnosed COPD i was told he would NOT have any conversation with me until I paid the 50 missed appt fee!!!!! I told him I thought it was unreasonable considering I had never missed one single appt in 10 years and that I was offered a job on a Saturday that I HAD to accept to start the Monday of my appt as I was one of the many laid off. He told me I should have started the job later and kept my appt!!! I asked for the COPD follow up and results as I can't breathe and need to know what to do and he refused and told me not without paying the 50$ also would not give me my results without paying the 50$. So now I am without a doctor cause I don't have the money and can't breathe and have no test results. Against his code of ethics and just terrible courtsey on his part!!! Take voicemails so people can cancel if they need to then!!! Worst Dr ever!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

phone always ring busy. Secretary won't get off the phone

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I am truly grateful to have Dr. Cole as my physician. He always treats you and your concerns with equal care, concern and respect. He is very straight forward regarding treatment options and does not hesitate to refer you to a specialist if required. A good doctor and a good man.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Cole for at least ten years. He has been excellent. He never hesitates when you need a referral to a specialist, and doesn't prescribe drugs that aren't necessary. While the office is always busy, he has taken the time to cover all the concerns I have during a visit (not just one thing per visit). I have found him to be caring and supportive.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

I have been seeing Rob Cole for about 19 years. He provided my pre-natal care delivered my 18 year old daughter, my 21 year old neice and has been my family's physician ever since. Even my daughter is extremely comfortable with him and I've found him to be a caring, knowledgable practicioner. I agree that he is sometimes a bit rushed and will only deal with one health concern at a time, but that seems to be the "norm" in our healthcare system these days. I think that some of the negative comments on this forum are based on people looking for medication "quick fixes" or are looking from meds they are dependant on rather than medically need. Rob Cole is known for not being the MD that will just give you what drugs you ask for without first looking for another treatment option. I love Dr.Cole and will continue to visit him as long as he's in practice!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Hubby was his patient since 1995. We saw him at his best & his not-so-best. Money-driven & one concern at a time, yes but they ALL want that. He did make early morning rounds (6:30) when hubby was hospitalized - many docs do not. Where we had a problem was with his incompetent staff. When Candace was there, she handled that reception desk very well, she joked with patients & maintained a comfortable rapport. After she left, the receptionists would book appts. for the wrong date & when we arrived for an appt. we'd be informed that we didn't have one. Another time for a Wed. night (the only convenient time I could bring my husband, his staff didn't call us to cancel it, therefore a wasted trip). The cleaning lady said she saw Dr. Cole leave. We had to reschedule & when we finally got to see him he informed my husband that he had missed his appt. He posted signs that there was a hefty fee for missed appts. He couldn't handle the existing ones! He needs to 'invest' in better support staff.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010