Ratings for Dr. Harriet M. Kluger

I felt like just another patient on a long string of nobodies that she cared for dismissively. I did not feel that my husband nor I had our questions answered adequately. She even took a cell phone call during an appointment! She was rude with the nurse practitioner, Matt, who was trying to help as well, and it was just an all-around disaster the few times I saw her before requesting a transfer to a different attending. Beware!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Harriet Kluger has saved my life from stage 4 melanoma. She is considered a national expert on this cancer, and one of the 50 or so prominent melanoma researchers in the U.S. She knows the latest treatments -- because the drug companies use her expertise to place trials with her. She is so much in touch, that even when she ran out of options for me at Yale-New Haven, she got me admitted into an experimental treatment at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda MD, which has kept me in remission for nearly 3 years. She is the most attentive, capable, and compassionate physician I have ever known (and in 6 years of stage 4 cancer, I've encountered many doctors). I've learned that if you don't get the right doctor at the start, your personal outcomes could be perilous. If you have metatastic melanoma in the New England/New York area, you better land in Harriet Kluger's care.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012