Ratings for Dr. Amalia De Wet

Friendly, knowledgeable, direct, non-judgmental. The best doctor I've had so far. She's proactive and has helped me quite a bit.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

She is wonderful new addition to Port Moody. Thank you for taking me a new patient. Pleasant bedside manner and good knowledge. She helped me to manage my chronic disease .

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Dr. De Wet does not follow the standards and guidelines under the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia website. She stated that she is accepting new patients on the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia website, however, she's only accepting new patients whose doctors are retiring. This is discriminatory conduct, as stated under the standards on the website. Her MOA's do not have much knowledge either. Avoid this Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I've been lucky in the physicians I have dealt with over the years. Dr. Hamilton was a good doctor and changing over to Dr. De Wet went very well indeed. She has been invariably helpful and pleasant under even trying. She orients to the problem confronting me quickly, clear in the approach she is taking. She's open to questions, answers them very well and explains things clearly. I feel fortunate to be one of her clients. .

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

She is so great. I had been going to walk in docs for years and I was in rough shape when I saw her. I needed someone to actually follow up on things and I am finally getting things figured out with her help. She is professional, caring and knowledgeable. If you need to see a specialist, she is very happy to send you. She prescribes when necessary but isn't too liberal with the rX pad. I am so grateful to have her.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

Great doctor. Miss seeing Hamilton but I finally have a female doctor and the kids love seeing her too which is always a plus.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

I had fell & tore my ligaments in my foot and even after seeing a bone scan Dr. De Wet said it was "just sprained". The ligaments were so damaged the bones separated, the orthodpaedic surgeon said the only way to fix them is to fuse bones together. He said if it had been done sooner they could have repaired the ligaments. Every time I step down the bones separate. Getting a proper diagnosis took one year, it's year three...I have about 8 months more to wait for surgery! Be your own advocate, don't accept it if you know your body is not right. I kept asking for more tests.

Submitted January 18, 2009

Dr. De Wet has been my doctor for about three or so years. I was very skeptical when i was going to see her for the first time. At the first visit i knew she was the one for me. She is always knowledgable and takes what i have to say seriously and helped me on my journey through an unheard of chronic illness called sarcoidosis. I dont know what i would do with out her. I think she is the best doctor i have ever had!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

I am a new patient of Dr. De Wets, she has a quiet demeanor and is very thorough. Love having her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2008

Amalia De Wet is a tremendous doctor, and I was afraid to see less of Dr. Hamilton, but after a few visits, her extreme professionalism and extended knowledge and genuine insight into a patient is incredible. I will always recall when my EX was stating he was having a low drive, and after getting tested, the results went to Amalia. Well, it was there that he tried to finese his symptoms b/c his goal was getting a HGH. Ha, when he told me, i asked him 'are you having a problem' and he said hell no, I just want that for body building. I was so pleased to tell her that her that what ever shse assessed, she did it so well and a HGH abuser did not get his prescription. He had mistaken her quiet demeanor as lack of fortitude. Smart woman and doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008