Ratings for Dr. Gerald Vaz

Thank you dr vas. And thank you for saving lives and sharing your wisdom of experience. You have many children to take care of. And you e succeeded. Thank you for not retiring. We appreciate and love you.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

I have yet to find a doctor who listens to me. Was at my wits end and drove all the way from Coaldale to Medicine Hat to see him. My sons been throwing up for weeks and he gave me antibiotics for an ear infection and told me his tummy would sort itself out in 24 hours. Once again a week later he’s still throwing up but can’t find a single doctor who’ll listen or help. I’ve lost all faith in them all

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Amazing doctor. I'd be lost without him. Thankful he hasn't retired yet! My son loves see Dr Vaz.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Dr Vaz is by far the best childrens doctor in Medicine Hat. He is very caring and kind to the children. When my child is sick I say we have to go to the doctors & he gets excited becuase Dr Vaz never lets a child leave without a sticker. Dr Vaz is an extremely smart doctor & very knowledgable. The staff are very friendly as well.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

WORST DOC EVER!! I've had to take my son to him 3 times and all 3 times he was rude, wouldn't listen to what I had to say about what was going on, and misdiagnosed my son everytime we went in. My son had a skin condition, he told me there was nothing wrong and refused to referral me to a specialist, turns out he has PSORIASIS! My son as a baby had a puking issue, and not the normal baby stuff either, told me it was reflux even though I repeatedly told him he did not have the symptoms, turns out it was a VALVE. I don't know if he just doesn't have time for new patients or what but I refuse to go back to him ever again!

Submitted October 16, 2012

Love this doctor. He is amazing at diagnosing problems and I have no idea how he keeps up with every little problem that a child can get. He amazes me everytime we see him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

I am so happy with Dr. Vaz being a first time mom no question is silly to him. He always has time to answer my questions, has a walk-in clinic and is respectful and kind. He makes me feel like I am a good mother and has a great bed side mannor. My 16 month old has been seeing him since he was a month old and loves him, not afraid at all. I am so happy to have him as my sons doctor I would not trust him with anyone else!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

My two boys see Dr. Vaz. He is an outstanding doctor! We have lived in Calgary and Edmonton and Dr. Vaz is just as good (if not better) than the best pediatricians in Calgary and Edmonton. For those of you complaining: waiting to get in to see him is not his fault-- there is a shortage of doctors which means he has to take on a lot of patients (which is part of the reason he doesn't remember every parent's name). I have never had to wait longer than about 30 minutes and the times my boys have been potentially contagious we have waited in the car watching DVDs (this would never be allowed in Calgary or Edmonton). The wait is much longer in other cities. New flash: Doctors are not Gods! There is no way that they can accurately diagnose every condition 100% of the time. The good ones care a lot about their patients and do the best with what they have, which is exactly what Dr. Vaz does.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

Dr.Vaz is an amazing doctor, I went to him as a child and now I bring my children to him. I wouldn't take my kids to anyone else. He is very friendly, personable, and take the fo ryou and makes sure all tests are done that need to be done, he is awsome!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

i went to dr Vaz for 15yrs until i turned 18 of course and i wish i could still have him as my doctor

flag | Submitted November 18, 2007