Ratings for Dr. Dorothy Thomson

Dr. Thomson performed aortic bisection repair upon my wife. She performed superbly under difficult circumstances. As one ICU nurse told me, "she saved your wife's life" I cried tears of joy on the spot!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Thomson saved my dad's life yesterday. 5 bypasses! She spoke with our entire family after the surgery and was so thorough, composed and confident. This lady is a HERO! Gave a 3 star for punctuality because she and her team are so busy, that the wait can be days. But while you wait, you are in the best care possible.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Thomson performed a heart valve replacement on my wife this spring. She is very thorough and cares about her patients. Her bedside manner is acceptable. Her ability as a surgeon is outstanding. Thank you Dr. Thomson for giving my wife her life back.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Extremely unprofessional when dealing with other health professionals. Condescending and misinforms patient families.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

did two successful heart surgeries on my dad. Very thorough

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Bedside manner is courteous but not overly patient; felt rushed out of hospital before well enough to leave

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Did my by-pass and saved my life. My artery was 94 percent blocked. Very professional and explained everything that could happen to me. Thank-you for extending my life to enjoy my husband, kids and grandkids.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

Dr Dorothy Thomson did my by-pass on November 20, 1992; she was highly recommended by Professor Lopez, and I found her to be professional and courteous in every way. Karl Sawilla flown by air ambulance for surgery in Saskatoon. Yes that is me, and you may contact me at 306-522- 8001.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Did a quadruple bypass and valve replacement on my father. Spoke with my mother and I, who were both quite anxious, and was very calming and patient in explaining what had been done and answering my questions about a technical reference she made to a part of the heart as well as why they had not bypassed a fifth artery that was partially blocked. I found out that she does TWO of these surgeries A DAY and was amazed that she is so nonchalant about it. Saw her several times during the week as she followed up with dad. Offered some humour when he needed to stay in the hospital an extra day: "It's the perogative of woman and heart surgeons to change their mind, and I'm both". Probably gave me a tonne more years with my dad: he had some infection in his leg, but he was so well taken care of in regards to that and by her and the rest of the hospital staff as he recovered. I have always wanted to thank her for what she did for him and for our whole family.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

I was very plesed with Dr. Thomson.She explained to me what had to be done and listened to my concerns.She was very proffessional and awesome.My follow up was just as good. I would reccomend her to any one needing cardiac surgery.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009