Ratings for Dr. Barry A. Ruht

I saw Dr. Ruht for an independent medical evaluation for Workman's Compensation. I found him rude, arrogant and condescending. His evaluation stated I was completely recovered and my ongoing issues were related to a congenital defect. Ultimately, I sued and the judge agreed with me and my physician and ruled against Dr. Ruht. I cannot imagine a circumstance where I would refer someone to this physician.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I think the staff is great. They are very courteous and helpful. Dr. Ruht, on the other hand, was not. I was a patient several years ago. I made an appointment recently to have new inserts made. I received a call a few minutes later saying since it was a few years since my last appointment, I needed to change my appointment because I needed a longer time slot. Fine. I get there, wait 10 minutes to be called, went into room and waited another 10 minutes before another staff member came in and looked at my file. Said I needed foot X-rays. Waited 15 minutes for those. After waiting again, Dr. Ruht comes in, looks at my X-rays and my feet. He starts to take me back to see Lori, who does the inserts. I tried to stop him saying I developed pain in my right thigh when walking. He said he didn't have time to address that issue, make another appointment and leaves. My "longer time slot" lasted all of 3 minutes. I will never see him again.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

DoctorRuht's office took x-rays and he said I have beginning of osteoarthritis and also patella femoral syndrome where he gave me a piece of paper with the name on it telling me to research it on Google. He then prescribed compound cream and strong compound pain medicine, which made me very tired when I took them, but offered no time frame of when I should see results and what to do if it did not work. Two and a half months later while in the office on another matter for my daughters foot, I asked again about my knee and told him medicine is not working, how much longer should I wait. He said you were not told about follow-up, I said no. He said well if the medicine is not working in 2 1/2 months time, you have osteoarthritis and confirmed his now diagnoses by pulling up his records on screen of my last visit. He then said well I already told you that you can't kneel, squat or do anything to aggravate the knee, then only thing we can do is the rooster shots in the knee. He gave no other suggestions or possible course of action and still did not recommended an MRI. When I asked the lady at the check out desk about the shots, she said they have to check if covered by my insurance, but she knew nothing about the doctor saying this to me 15 minutes ago. Long story short, the other day I saw my family doctor and she said did he send you for an MRI?-I said no, Did he offer physical therapy-which helps a lot of our patients to help build up the muscle and tendons around the knee ? I said no- Did he offer cordizone shots which relieves the inflammation? I said no. She is sending me to physical therapy first, then to get an MRI before giving any shots in the knee first. I just felt Dr. Ruht, did not give my case much thought, offering no follow up for the medicine he prescribed to make sure it was working or how long I should wait if it was not working, he did not give me options of other courses of action that could be taken, did not offer an MRI, when medicine failed to work and matter of fact just said well you have osteoarthritis, you need the rooster shots. I was disappointed and expected more from a specialist, which I am now getting from my general practitioner doctor.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr. Ruht is the most arrogant, unorganized, unprofessional person I have ever met. I was appalled while in the middle of my appointment, he answered a cell phone call from his daughter. He let her babble, clearly the conversation was about her shopping and her latest finds and then he ended the call by saying that he would see her at dinner. He was rude most of the time to talk to me and told me that "my problem was that my ankle was to close to the ground" Seriously!?!?!?!? Then is solution was to "sell" me inserts and new shoes-- which he conveniently could provide for me with the shoe store he has in his office (all of which were costly!) Also, with my insurance plan, when referred I did not have a copy...But he demanded that I did. The insurance company made him refund it!! WORST DOCTOR EVER!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I was sent here for an IME (independent medical evaluation) for workers comp. After discussing my ongoing and continueing pain, my treating Doctors reports, and the reports from the surgury center that is doing the injections so I can manage the pain enough to keep working. He reports that I am totally recovered and there is no need for any further medical care. IME my butt what does a foot, ankel,and knee DR. know about neck and spine injuries hope he sleeps well at night. I would never ever go to him for anything not when he doesn't care about people just the all mighty buck.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I went to this doctor after a referral from a friend. My friend advised me that this doctor was very slow to perform surgery and would not do surgery unless it was absolutely necessary. Being that I was in my mid 20s that was exactly what I was looking for. He also doesn't over prescribe medication and would rather solve the problem then over medicate. I went to him for several months and he definitely saved me from needing surgery and fixed the problems that I had going on at that time. He was extremely friendly, and yes he did tell me to google what was wrong with me, which I didn't mind because anyone truly concerned with getting better would do as much research as they could on what is wrong with them so they can be a part of the healing process. I would highly recommend and do highly recommend this doctor to all of my friends. His staff is also excellent and they offer the best and most private physical therapy I've ever seen. (Better then OAA for privacy and 1 on 1 care)

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Ruht was very attentive to my pains and concerns. He took the time to listen to what I have been experiencing and did a thorough examination.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

After I suffered a double knee injury due to an auto accident, I contacted Dr. Ruht for a second opinion. His office would not see me until they received all of my previous records. After waiting two weeks and hearing nothing, I called again. They said they stil hadn't received my records. hey I waited another month until I finally got in to see him after his staff called and said they had my records. I went to the appointment only to discover they hadn't received all of my records, not even close. The doctor went in and out of my room several times seeing other patients while trying to figure out why I was there. He didn't lay a hand on my knees and told me to come back. I waited again to hear and never did. I was insistant and finally got to see him again. He once again did not examine me and only read the reports he received from previous doctors. His diagnosis..."light some candles and say some prayers" What kind of doctor says that?? No diagnosis, no follow up.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

He and his office very well run .. Xrayed knee .. sent for MRI .. problem with 2 cartilages discovered (as suspected) .. surgery within 2 weeks ... and a couple weeks later no pain or pills

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Barry A. Ruht's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)