Ratings for Dr. Charlene Smelsky

Self absorbed women who couldnt possibly care less.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

She lacks complete common sense. Is a complete waste of time. She manages to mess up the easiest and most obvious diagnoses maybe in wcb's favour? Do not, I repeat do not waste your time with her. She makes a complete mockery of the Canadian medical system.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

terrible, worst doctor I have ever been too, had no idea what she was talking about and no bedside manner at all and made it very clear I was just a waste of her time.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Stay away from her if possible. Callous, feigning knowledge, and severely lacking in empathy.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2012

I recently saw Dr. Smelsky. I was very impressed by the time she gave me, to hear about my condition and examine me. I felt she really cared about my situation. The treatment she recommeded has really helped. Thanks Dr. Smelsky!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

Saw this doctor because of a WCB claim that has been on going for about 4 years.Found it unnerving that she rarely looked me in the eye.Saw the report she sent to my doc and while she never out and out said I didn't have a problem she came very close.Suggested it might be the painkillers I take that could be causing more pain.Also said I saw my regular doc too much.Totally disregarded the fact that I rarely miss work due to condition- I always work thru the pain.That's WHY I take the pills!She went against 4 other doctors' reports - 3 of them WCB docs.She did not give any suggestions on how to deal with my issues. All in all she's very much a WCB doc. I'm happy my GP has her own opinions nd is willing to fight for her patients. If you have to see this doc look out - she's not on your side and is not looking to help you in any way. Just wants your claim to end.Now I'll be forced to call in sick when the problem acts up and WCB will end up paying.Doesn't make sense to me.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

TOO BAD THAT THIS NICE DOCTOR IS WORKING FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION. SHE IS EMBARASSING HERSELF AND GOOD QUALITIES WORKING FOR THEM. POOR ASSESSMENT SKILLS NOW AS SHE IS PAID BY THEM.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

I felt very comfortable and cared for with Dr. Charlene. I was told that she went to work for Workers Compensation...hard news for all of her Klinic patients.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2009

Charlene is the best doctor I've ever had. She took wonderful care of me & was very thorough. I was devastated the day that I was told she would no longer be my doctor. I wish I knew what happened to her.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Charlene was the best Doctor ever... She hepled me through my first 2 pregnancies and now that I am pregnant again I am so scared I dont even have a doc. yet... if anyone knows where she is or if you are reading this Charlene please email me at shannon75@mts.net

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008