Ratings for Dr. Samiul Haque

Is he even human? My experience with him both today and in 2014 was absolutely awful...

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

The worst doctor ever! As a child and youth I seen him briefly. He used to tell me that my problem was due to my parents and brother and that I needed to be away from them, I was a KID! The last time I saw him he told me that if I didn't want to take the medication he prescribed then I didn't need to see him, so I was sent on my way.

Submitted August 19, 2014

Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Haque is a good Dr., he's been able to help out quite often when needed and provide good tips for assistance for parents. With that being said his staff is the absolute worst. This is not stemming from a one time incident but repeated consistent incidents. First off his staff rarely if ever return phone calls. They also make simple tasks VERY challenging like faxing copies of prescriptions to pharmacies(our previous pharmacy closed). The staff also lack average customer service skills. Needless to say I wince every time I need to call to request something which isn't often. You can guarantee reception staff will be rude, but they pretty much make you feel like you need to be the receptionist while balancing your day job. It makes for a very frustrating experience when you need simple things. It also makes you seem to think if we had some privatized health care you might get treated better.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Haque and secretary, Belinda have been my son's lifeline over the past few years. His condition has been difficult to diagnose and treat. He was a self-motivated, friendly, happy, goal-oriented teenager with exceptional talents and determined to help others but whose life was unexpectedly turned upside down. Dr. Haque has been very patient with my "research" and input into his care. He has not given up when many would have accepted defeat. He has acted as case manager, consulted with other doctors both at C&Youth and with colleagues at conferences, workshops and tried various treatment options. He has developed a rapport with my son, responded to our concerns and to many phone calls for help. I will always remember his kindness and perservance.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

This Dr is great. He takes the time to listen to the patient and is very respectful and understanding. He thinks and finds the best way to treat, counseling wise and using the appropriate medications. Good bed-side manners, smiles, encourages and friendly.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

He is an idiot. I am one of his patients and honestly, he makes my anxiety even higher when I'm with him then when I'm by myself at my worst. he makes money off of every medication he puts kids on and my parents agree with that too. (SLAP)

Submitted March 16, 2012

pill pushing,non-connected in the long run does more harm then good. Mis diagnosed my child for 2 yrs, each visit just increasing the dose of meds or adding a new one till finally my child ended up in the hospital with the 'rebound' effect from all the drugs. Where the hosp cleaned the drugs out of his system for 2 wks and a new Dr started over. I was advised the concoction of meds he was on eventually could have killed him and he was making his emotional condition cycle more rapidly.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

This man doesn't listen to his patients, and then bases his so-called diagnoses on what he THINKS he knows. When I tried to provide him with accurate information, after hearing him say three times that my daughter was on a medication (when she wasn't), he yelled at me, in front of my daughter. But I kept on talking, so he had to eventually hear me and get it right. His "bedside manner" is terrible. He said things in front of my daughter, regarding her state of being, that he should not have said in her presence. I don't think he read information that I provided him regarding my daughter either (a scaled questionnaire I was asked to complete regarding my daughter). I'm thinking of speaking with someone from our College of Physicians and Surgeons about this guy's ethics/treatment. All in all, I don't ever want to step foot in this so-called psychiatrist's office again. He's terrible.

Submitted October 25, 2009

Am tremendously disappointed with this doctor. Am trying to find another psychiatrist in Regina that deals with teens - very tough to do. Seems to be focused on ADD diagnosis and meds rather than looking at other possible conditions that may explain my son's behaviour. Would strongly suggest that if you have another option for a provider for your child that you so so!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009